• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Permanent Dragoon View Glitch

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I don't think anyone's posted this glitch yet... I'm pretty sure it's a glitch. Sorry if there's somewhere specific I'm supposed to put stuff like this, I wasn't really sure. Feel free to move it if that's the case.

Anyway, here's what happened. My brother and I were duking it out on Bridge of Eldin. Well, at one point, he snags the last Dragoon part, and I grab an Assist Trophy, about the same time. Tingle pops out of the Assist Trophy, dances for a second, and then my brother fires the Dragoon (in case it makes any difference to what happened next, yes, I did manage to dodge it). When the Dragoon scene finished, the view remained unchanged. What I'm saying is, what should have been the left side of the Bridge was now the front, and what should have been the right side was now the furthest thing back that we could see, like it is normally for the brief moments while Dragoon is firing. What I might assume happened is that as he fired the Dragoon, Tingle did whatever his thing is where he zooms in on the character who released him from the Assist Trophy. We played for a couple more minutes before somebody won, but the view never went back to normal.

Anybody else had this happen? Probably not. I wish I'd taken a video...

Darkurai

Smash Master
A video might help us understand it better. At the moment, I don't know what could've caused this.

Shirum

Smash Cadet
My uneducated guess is that releasing Tingle messed with the code instructing the view to go back to normal. If you could recreate it for video, that'd be cool... though probably difficult if it's a very small time frame.

Starwarrior27

Smash Apprentice
The glitch works here's three videos that shows what it looks like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhVFSkpkB9g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yOcy3dO-sA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bFs6dyZU6s&feature=related

Also if you use a final smash while the screen is stuck like that, then the camera will zoom into the character using the final smash (like it normaly does), but the screen will then be stuck in that position. That I know of, it also cannot be reversed.

I know the final smash thing works because my friend used Samus' final smash near the top of the screen and fixed the view so we couldn't even see the stage. It also doesn't matter what stage it's on, it will happen with all stages.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Thanks, Starwarrior, that was exactly it. Pretty messed up. I'm not sure how precise the timing has to be...

orochijes

Smash Journeyman
Must be a pretty rare thing. You have to get tingle, he has to do his zoom in thing, AND you have to use a dragoon at that time. I'm not surprised only three videos of this exist ( there may be more).

Top Bottom