• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: Out in NA, It's Time You Burn That Dread

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
Somebody ragequit on me today while I was trying to get some Narukami practice :(

He was using Mitsuru, and he relied heavily on his auto combo to apply pressure. It somehow went to round 3, where I dominated him. Right before he lost, he pulled the plug :(

I sent a message to him saying "Salt?"

Then, looking back on that message, I figured I would try to be a bit more mature. So I said to him "Why did you quit? You won't learn from your mistakes by taking the easy way out." Now I'm not sure if that even made sense :/

He never replied.

His XBL tag is Th3Brofessional, so if you see him and care about your PSR, avoid him.

P.S. Can you change my Mitsuru to Narukami?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If it was a ranking match, disconnecting prevents the loss from going on your record, preserving your W/L ratio and PSR. It's a pretty grimy thing to do, but I understand the intent.

If it was a non-ranking match, I have no idea man. I've had people kick me, disband the room right after playing me, and even disband the room in the middle of my match against someone else before over this game, which is pretty funny.

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
Lag? I play this game on a wireless connection, and I have never had any issues with lag :/. Even against people with 2 bar connections, I can still pull off combos and stuff.

Also, it was a ranked match.

:phone:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
GGs Livewire.

Damn, I had turned off the Data Instal and had a lot of stable matches, thought it might have fixed things for whatever reason.

Nope. :/

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
GGs Livewire.

Damn, I had turned off the Data Instal and had a lot of stable matches, thought it might have fixed things for whatever reason.

Nope. :/

Yeah, GGs. Uh, well, kinda at least, lol. Gotta admit it was a bit embarrassing to me since I didn't really know how to use anyone other than kind of Chie/Naoto/Yukiko, and well only Chie out of those I actually use. That being said though, at least that's something. I just have to find who actually like "feels right" and play more. Plus, I should probably shortcut Cancel and Burst since I keep completely forgetting about them in matches entirely.

Oh, that and I should print off a movelist/combo list thing for 1 or 2 people since I haven't yet and can only remember 2 combos per character so far, lol.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Don't feel bad, you just need more exp.

Learn a good combo or two and some Oki with Chie and go fight. Learning how to use your character in neutral is more important than combos imo and should be the first thing to work on. :/

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Don't feel bad, you just need more exp.

Learn a good combo or two and some Oki with Chie and go fight. Learning how to use your character in neutral is more important than combos imo and should be the first thing to work on. :/

Haha, yeah I know. Combos just look so hype and swag so they're so tempting to focus on. :cool:

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Chie doesn't have any swag combos outside of FC blackspot ]:

At least you're playing multiple chars lol. I have only touched Chie so far. Haven't even started on Yukiko /o\.

Inb4Ionlyplayonecharlikeblaz

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Chie doesn't have any swag combos outside of FC blackspot ]:

At least you're playing multiple chars lol. I have only touched Chie so far. Haven't even started on Yukiko /o\.

Inb4Ionlyplayonecharlikeblaz

I actually just touched Yukiko because someone I was playing used Aigis and just kept shooting at me, so I kinda was just throwing fans to counter it. :bee:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
The funny part of this is when Chrono Phantasma comes out, we're all going to be screwed since we'll be like "What the? Barriers? 2 Bursts? Instant Teching? Different Button Layout? What is this?!!" :cool:
You have no idea how off I was when I went back to GG lol. I held buttons for early air teching and didn't FD much either.
Even forgot that you have to FD to block if you're stuck dashing. Execution and timing was pretty good though.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I only play Yukiko because everyone else looks too difficult.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Swag combos with Yukiko look pretty hard. Those TK ex agis and holding buttons /o\.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Agreed, Teddie is actually really easy. Seriously. Pretty fun to play too.

I'll be so glad when I'm done housesitting, and can netplay again.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Swag combos with Yukiko look pretty hard. Those TK ex agis and holding buttons /o\.

Wait, is that some kind of "hold buttons so that when you release them x happens" things? Because well, I play Juri in Street Fighter AE 2012, so...if I can handle holding 2 or sometimes 3 buttons at a time there with the fireballs, that shouldn't be too hard I don't think.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It's something like fatal-counter 5C, EX Agi, release A, 5C, C Maragi, release B, 5C, Maragi hits, B Agi.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
When you use Agi, it creates a fire marker based on which Agi you used and only explodes once you release the button. When you use EX Agi, it makes two fire marks, one held by A and the other held by B.

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
"Accurate Units of Depression" I love it xD Probably because I play Liz, but still

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
Urge to play Elizabeth....rising..... :smirk:

Naaaahhh.
But Liz is so much fun :(

I'm actually working on a combo video for Liz. It's going to be mostly practical stuff, but with a hint of fancy here and there. I can't wait to finish it :D

:phone:

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Eternal Judgement Rice.

I've seen some pretty good ones so far, like Everyday I'm Idle Arcana Hustler and anything with Booty in it.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Just using "Machine Maid" for now. I know some guy had "SAYONARA Arcana Heart" as his title.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Street Poet of Truth.

I was half-assing things and initially thought "Poet" was "Post" which I thought would have been funny. I suspect a bunch of Netplay Title stuff opens up as you go through Arcade and Story Modes.

Also gotta say, after printing out a bunch of Chie combos (and doing some more challenge combos, like Yukiko 21 which I'm currently kinda stuck at), there's a lot of OMC-ing and OMB-ing in this game. Hell, and even Super Canceling. Funky stuff.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero

Indeed. Speaking of All-Out Attacks. I'm having trouble with some AOA combos. Like one with Chie involves 5AB~C>j.6D>dash>5C but I'm like "wait, what?" because if you jump after the C it auto makes you Super Jump and so the combo counter either goes yellow or disappears before you hit the ground, and if you try to hop it won't let you due to a delay recovery.

Top Bottom