• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pet peeves

vandwedge

Smash Cadet
Things that online opponents say that drive you insane. My pet peeves:

"you're being cheap"

"you only won because ______"

"______ is an unfair character to use"

Also, "gg" can be polite, but if you play 5 games in a row, is there a point to saying "gg" after every single one of them?

Post yours.

chivesontheweb

Smash Cadet
People who post "gg" after every single match regardless of how the match went. Now that I read the first post I see I'm not the only one who gets irritated by this.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Yeh, when someone says gg, I feel I have to say gg back. I try to avoid saying it though.

What do I hate? Well, it's too generic, really. I don't play in EGX so...XD

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I've just found an idiot who lost many times to me, then he was winning for once using Kirby against my Link, then the game desynched.
He said: "you're a loser, don't simulate a ds, i was pwning you"

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
Danger! what you will see in this post is not fiction, don't let children see this post without the care of a parent.

Guy: ''Wow, you're 2 good.''
Me: ''I guess...''
Guy ''You're god!''
Me: ''Sounds right.''
Guy: ''Are you joking with me''
Me: ''That sounds right to, what grade you in?''
Guy: ''WTF, stalker, raper, noob. gtfo!''
Guy: ''Leaves''

True story.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
The ones I hate are the people who call you noob even though you are beating them (or it's a really close match). Either that or they complain you do something (spam, use top tier characters, etc.), and next match they use a top tier character or something. Basically, I hate playing against people who show no respect, since whether you win or lose the game, they treat you like ****, completely ruining the game. No, my opponents don't have to be respectful, just not rude and disrespectful.

Also, I often say gg after every match (even to the rude opponents). I see it as a sign of respect no matter what the outcome is. If someone tells me they don't want me to say it, I won't. I think saying it shows that the person does not think of the game as win or die (exageration, but you get the point), but that they enjoy playing the game, whether they win or lose. Yeah... I am a respectful player. Maybe too much... :)

If someone says they lost because they can't do something (like DI or a certain combo), I'll try to help them or teach them. I'd even start a ditto match and show them what to do, then let them do it to me.

vandwedge

Smash Cadet
How about when someone joins the game -- that YOU are hosting -- and tries setting the options / choosing the level.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
lol yeah. I think we all hate the ones that continuously say "UR A NOOB!!!" before the match, during the match, after they lose the first match, after they get 5-stocked the second match, after they get jv 6-stocked the third match, etc.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Well not really pet peeves because I don't really bother getting mad at these, but instead I just laugh at how dumb they are:

- Those that win one match and run away saying "PWNED"

- Noobs that complain about spamming short hops (yes, short hops). Ok, fine I'll camp on the ground and do rolling mindgames like you, the pro level 9 way.

- The ones that think they're much better than you without having played you

- People who complain about delay when they have as much delay as you do (LOL BOOMFAN)

- When you get a noob on your team and you end up losing because of him, and at the end he says "I want a better teammate" (I specially laugh at this one, it's happened to me several times)

- When someone uses the "I wasn't being serious/trying hard" excuse in a tournament

- When for the lulz you decide to hit a person with the same move over and over just because you're that much better than them and they call you a skillless noob for using the same move like that (Because it's not like, you know, their fault for falling for the same move over and over)

- When they try to camp against me in the **** tent, and I'm Mario.

These are things that actually DO annoy me.

- Partners that constantly projectile spam and don't let up even if they're hitting you as much as them.

- The tornados in hyrule. The only single reason for which I believe Hyrule should be a counterpick and not a neutral stage. Hey, let's upB with pika to safety out of this semicombo! Oops, ran into the tornado! Omg Im doing awesome combo with mario... USMASH YEAH... OH WAIT TORNADO SPAWN RIGHT WHERE I USMASH'D! Hey look the tornado's going away in that direction, now I can continue doing this combo on my opponent! *Tornado rages and rushes in and gets me as i knock my opponent away*

- Grabbing while you're edgeshielding and you end up suiciding instead. I suppose it's more of a fault than a pet peeve but it doesn't help calm you down when you partially know the delay helped.

- When crap like pika and kirby's utilt outprioritize stuff like Link's Dair. It makes me go SAKURAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
1: Tornado in Hyrule

2: Johners

3;People with over 100 ping who lag who always say. ... Ehehehem ... GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO whenever they get in a game.

4: People who join right as I am starting or lag terribly

5. People who think Good is better than excellent or do not know how to change to excellent

Kasumi

Smash Journeyman
People who are stupidly rude for no apparent reason. People who quit matches I'm winning when there was no desync.

*game starts up, this guy's Ness, I'm Link*
I short hop a down air, hit him and z cancel. He misses the tech, I do it again. He pauses says "I don't play spammers." and quits the match. Wow... the best five second game I've ever played.

Other than that I don't mind much. I get trash talked to a lot because I'm not great, and I take it in stride. Unless they're relentless and start spamming main chat about how bad I am. Then it bugs me, but I usually don't respond.

vandwedge

Smash Cadet
- People who complain about delay when they have as much delay as you do
omg, yes, this

"I'd be doing a lot better if not for this lag, it's really messing me up"

"Really, because it seems like it effects us both completely equally."

vandwedge

Smash Cadet
I just thought of an old one.

About a month ago, I played against a guy who, every single time he did a falcon punch (which was VERY OFTEN, by the way), would quickly pause and unpause the game. No matter how many times I told him how annoying it was, he kept doing it. He would go "**** sorry force of habit," but he would keep doing it.

Along similar lines: it's a pet peeve when somebody pauses the game to type in the chat window. Especially if it's something as unimportant as "lol." If you really need to type something, just type it between stocks. You don't need to pause it while I'm mid-combo. Jesus.

B Link

Smash Lord
I just thought of an old one.

About a month ago, I played against a guy who, every single time he did a falcon punch (which was VERY OFTEN, by the way), would quickly pause and unpause the game. No matter how many times I told him how annoying it was, he kept doing it. He would go "**** sorry force of habit," but he would keep doing it.

Along similar lines: it's a pet peeve when somebody pauses the game to type in the chat window. Especially if it's something as unimportant as "lol." If you really need to type something, just type it between stocks. You don't need to pause it while I'm mid-combo. Jesus.
LOL yeah I hate pausers ahahaha, like when they finish a somewhat decent combo for the first time in 100 matches and they pause saying "OMG OMG"

its also funny when they pause cuz they think they finished you (e.g. with falcon punch) and they miss

#1 pause (credits to tiger) is pausing on pika's utilt facing left and then leaving the game saying PWNED GG KK THX BAI

The Star King

Smash Hero
1.People who ALWAYS TYPE IN CAPS

2.People who continuosly call everyone a ****** (happens a lot)

3.CHUCKGRILLZ =/

MarioReincarnate

Smash Journeyman
"brb phone"
"brb door"
"brb... stupid cat/brother/controller"
"brb" no explanation

people who don't say "gg" back... lol jk I just say it every time so I don't come off as a **** if I lose, but I know it can be annoying, but surri's right it's a habit you can't break

oh, and the lack of LAN on egx... 1 frame ftw

craiigg

Smash Lord
pausing doesn't really annoy me but..

- People that taunt after every kill or even if you SD

- Camping with utilts with kirby/pika

- People that insist on playing your main when you beat them with everyone else

- People that insist on ditto'ing your chars when they suck

- People that moan and moan and moan like "WTF!! WHY AM I GETTING BEAT SO BAD I CAN DO BETTER THAN THIS" then do better.

- People that still moan about grab spam? LOL, if you're stupid enough to get grabbed then i'll grab you

- Players that hate losing so they'll try and trap you in a corner with jabs for every stock...you still beat them

- People that always say GG after every single match

D.Q

Smash Apprentice
screw you guys, every kill deserves a show me your moves, regardless of how you got it

despite this sounding stupid, I have to complain about pika's grabs. boom freaking chain throws me all over sector Z hurr

NixxxoN

Smash Master
taunting after every kill is just stupid imo. You gotta taunt after a great ko (or some great move/stuff) and if you can do taunt cancel lol

spicyitalian1

Smash Cadet
haha^^I once did a taunt by accident and canceled it. My opponent thought I was taunting so he tried to attack me (but I canceled it), then I threw him into the Arwing..lol...I was like, "aw man that sucks lol"......kind of cheap but it was an accident.

I hate it when people only use one GD move and they think they are good...like the throw

Superstar

Smash Champion
Triple post accident? SWF messed up for ya? XD

Taunt cancelling >>> Normal taunt. And I can't avoid using Ness' taunt, it's so annoying.

It does make you wtf when someone taunts 2 seconds after you SDd [and now you're 4 stocks to their 1]. It's like boom..........*Mario grows*

B Link

Smash Lord
oh yeah another thing that annoys me is when people sound like they're summoning friggin espada when they're choosing their characters:

"hmm i think ill go with my 7th best"
"ahhh not bad now i guess ill try my 4th"
"nah i wont use my main on you"

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
oh yeah another thing that annoys me is when people sound like they're summoning friggin espada when they're choosing their characters:

"hmm i think ill go with my 7th best"
"ahhh not bad now i guess ill try my 4th"
"nah i wont use my main on you"

Oh, I thought you were gonna say about how all these people worry so much about who's the best, 2nd best, 3rd best, who can beat who, etc. instead of just playing the ****ing game.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
- People that always say GG after every single match
Isn't that like common courtesy though? I would be pretty mad if I lost to someone, and the winner just leaves, not even acknowledging his opponent.

Top Bottom