• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Petey's Garden - Piranha Plant Social Thread AKA Plant Gang HQ

Favorite Costume For Piranha Plant?

• Total voters

cocsinelle

Smash Rookie
NNID
cocsinelle
Switch FC
SW-0710-7463-6135
well well well looks like i have a new character to be obsessed about
i mean i didn't know i was waiting for them but OH BOI NOW I AM

Alsyght

Smash Journeyman
I’ve been thinking about that metal ball, and I highly doubt that move is safe most times in neutral. I feel like it’s a good edge-guarding tool like Dedede’s Gordo (save for the bull**** 5% knockback), but it seems so slow to use.

I imagine the startup and end frames being laggy.

But, like what I use with Dedede’s Gordo, if I’m like in the air hidden in the space between the screen and the blast zone, you could use it as like a sneak attack to get the drop on your opponent while trying to land safely.

She’s gotta be having a bunch of new exciting feelings going through her head and body. That’s such a drastic change in physiology.

Golden Grahams with iced coffee is pretty amazing.
I....dry? Do you still eat them dry? Because that’s still gross.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Thought I'd share a little anecdote; I have a Piranha Plant plushie at home. I got it at a Goodwill Store.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
You guys are getting so much hate...
I'm starting to feel bad for your planty boi...
Anyways, congratulations

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Look, people can hate all they want, it's not gonna stop me from fighting as this plant boy.

To get sentimental, I've referenced it a few times but I want to go into detail - the day of the direct, both my roommate's girlfriend and one of our best friends went back to England after two weeks of staying with us. He was clearly brokenhearted and missed them a lot. The Direct was the only thing to get his mind off it all but he was clearly not having as much fun as he normally does. And then Piranha Plant was revealed, and he laughed so hard he fell off the couch. You could tell how much that stupid plant brightened his day and we were making jokes about him all night after work. He even sent a message to Nintendo thanking them for getting him out of a tough time with the Plant.

For that reason, I can't not love it. It was shocking, funny, entertaining, and silly. We don't HAVE silly in Smash. Sure, we have comical and goofy but something purely jokey? We had nothing like that, and it was such a disarming moment that meant a lot to everyone in my house when it happened.

On a personal level, Mario Sunshine is my go-to comfort game. It always cheers me up and relaxes me at my worst, so to have Petey as the first true Sunshine rep makes me VERY happy, AND it even has Paper Mario references too.

I love this damn plant. Let them hate.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
im sure all of you know and we will do it but just in case

good news.PNG

no need to worry if you accidently forget to type the code before it expires but im sure we can remember

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I'm stoked for this character!

Piranha Plant does pretty much exactly what I hoped Ivysaur would do: use POISON attacks!
Poor Ivysaurs Poison typing was completely brushed over.

Alsyght

Smash Journeyman
So would we get PP at the start of the game along with the original cast who seemingly survived?

Questionmark222

Smash Journeyman
:ultpiranha: will definitely be one of my secondaries (co-maining :ultwolf:and:ultkrool: will already take up a lot of my playtime), because I'm a sucker for WTF characters. I'm so satisfied we got one for Ultimate.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Found this pretty cute piece of artwork featuring our new plant boi:
Lucina tries her hardest to please her parents in the form of bonding with gifts...and it will work on somebody

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
:ultpiranha:We will take over Smash:ultpiranha:

Last edited:

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
:ultpiranha:We will take over Smash:ultpiranha:
Our Plant Overlord with body all of the online scrubs and claim Dog Tags as a reward. Then we take over the Elite Smash mode. Then evo 2019.

Then the world! :ultpiranha:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Lucina tries her hardest to please her parents in the form of bonding with gifts...and it will work on somebody
Yea, I imagine Lucina wanting a pet so she brings home Piranha Plant. Much to Chrom's surprise, it turns out to be the plant boi; he was expecting a normal pet like a cat or a dog.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I'm so angry at how much I love this thing.

Why is it so good?

Last edited:
Top Bottom