• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Petition to bring back Project M to Apex 2015

PandaPanda Senketsu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5241-2412-1689
I'm not digging the whole petition thing. I think sending the Apex staff death threats is a much more effective way of getting the message across.

Retrolistic

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3282-2606-7561
Apex is a largely renowned gaming tournament that probably gets Nintendo's attention.
Seeing Project M (which isn't a legitimate copy of the Smash Bros series created by Nintendo) at a setting like this, might get some people into trouble.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
this needs just one thing
#lock
I be 1 step ahead of the mods for the section ez
#modmemoe

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
This will bring negative attention to PM. Suck it up and keep watching local tournaments. They're just as awesome.

Edit: You should never present a petition or anything that you expect to be taken seriously with formatting issues. It will not be taken seriously.

Last edited:

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I was jokingly gonna suggest you ask Obama about it, but since you put it on change.org he probably already saw it.

Ace55

Smash Lord
Really... over a game not being present at APEX... all this will do is show PM player to be children. I dont want that to happen to you guys
This is BS lol. Melee players donated a lot of money and petitioned like crazy to get it at Evo. It's not strange to be passionate about a game you love. Project M is a game meant for competitive play, Smash4/3ds and Brawl are not. If Smash4 ends up outshining PM it would be a competitive tragedy. When Brawl was popular it hurt the image of competitive smash as a whole, what I've seen of the 3DS version so far I have little reason to believe it will be different for that game.

All that being said, since PM isn't a official installment things like this can and will happen. At this point I'm just happy Nintendo hasn't seemed interested in stopping PM. Probably best not to provoke them.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
This is BS lol. Melee players donated a lot of money and petitioned like crazy to get it at Evo. It's not strange to be passionate about a game you love. Project M is a game meant for competitive play, Smash4/3ds and Brawl are not. If Smash4 ends up outshining PM it would be a competitive tragedy. When Brawl was popular it hurt the image of competitive smash as a whole, what I've seen of the 3DS version so far I have little reason to believe it will be different for that game.

All that being said, since PM isn't a official installment things like this can and will happen. At this point I'm just happy Nintendo hasn't seemed interested in stopping PM. Probably best not to provoke them.
Smash 4 can be competitive, silly XD It wont hurt anyone but the people that dont like smash 4. Its not like the world is going to implode.

SoulPech

Smash Master
(when nintendo attempted to shut down evo for melee)
#OneUnit

(When nintendo shutting down apex for PM)
#ScrewPM

That's cool I guess. Regardless, something should be done. Maybe not for Apex but for future events.

Last edited:

TreK

Is "that guy"
One Unit was bull****
Remember how threads pushing for Brawl during the EVO fundraiser were locked ?
Remember how the Melee crowd reacted to Brawl being cut from MLG this year ? Did you even know Brawl was supposed to be at MLG this year ?
Remember how the Melee crowd reacted to the EVO game lineup poll when they realized they were competing with smash wii u ?
Just stop believing in it, you'll stop being disappointed.

We had 6 nationals this year. APEX dropping (potentially temporarily) PM means we'll only have 5 next year. That's still more than reasonable. So let's not get pissed about it and get a C&D to the face, it's not worth it.
If you're pissed off about it, like I am, the best thing you can do is to grow your local community. Both Melee and the PC modding community have gotten support by being big, healthy and proving to be a positive force. Let's just do the same.

Last edited:

Ace55

Smash Lord
Smash 4 can be competitive, silly XD It wont hurt anyone but the people that dont like smash 4. Its not like the world is going to implode.
You can play nearly anything competitively, doesn't mean you should. Brawl hurt the image of competitive smash bros when it was the premier game. It would be a shame if that happens again. The world will likely not implode, but if we were to only discuss things that could cause that it would be awfully quite.

One Unit was bull****
Remember how threads pushing for Brawl during the EVO fundraiser were locked ?
Remember how the Melee crowd reacted to Brawl being cut from MLG this year ? Did you even know Brawl was supposed to be at MLG this year ?
I'm gonna sound like an ***hole saying this but what did you expect? The average melee player hates Brawl (myself included). Why would you support something that you hate?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I'm gonna sound like an ***hole saying this but what did you expect? The average melee player hates Brawl (myself included). Why would you support something that you hate?
There's a difference between not supporting something and trying to actively destroy something.

From my experience in my own region the average Brawl player hates Melee, and Project M even more, (myself not included, as I like all Smash games) and are happy about the Apex 2015 line-up. But they don't try to actively sabotage the games, hell they'll even play the games with people still.

Even though I think TreK is over generalizing the Melee player base, there is some truth to it still. Hell, IIRC, during Apex 2014 some Melee players started chanting Melee during the Brawl GFs while they were still playing, which is just downright rude, but also, IIRC, HungryBox also attempted to hype up the Brawl GFs which is cool.

And to restate my first sentence. There is a clear difference between not supporting a game and trying to destroy a game.

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
(when nintendo attempted to shut down evo for melee)
#OneUnit

(When nintendo shutting down apex for PM)
#ScrewPM

That's cool I guess. Regardless, something should be done. Maybe not for Apex but for future events.
The biggest difference being Melee being made by Nintendo and PM being made by a team of fans. Nobody who enjoys PM is saying #screwPM, but they're avoiding conflict so PM doesn't piss off the powers that be.

Top Bottom