• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Petition to make a new, UNIQUE NA ruleset.

YOLO?

• Total voters

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
Hyrule-only for Peru makes sense:

Dreamland only for Japan makes sense:

It's a culture thing.

If you want to play a Dreamland-only tournament, go to Japan. If you want to play a Hyrule only tournament, go to Peru.

Currently Brazil has the most free ruleset. As a citizen of 'MERICUA, this is outrageous.

I propose we use the most 'MERICAN ruleset invented:
YOLO t('-'t)

YOLO: You only live once.
Ruleset:
Random Bracket
1 Stock
Single Elimination
Best of 1.
Random Stage
Items: Gentlemans or coin flip.
Random Character LOCKED (You get assigned a random character at the beginning of the tournament and have to play it through the whole tournament)

This is the ruleset that most resembles how REAL LIFE works, and so the most dominant player in this format is obviously THE BEST smash player in the world.

There is no argument here. So what I really want to find out is, how many people would be interested in coming to a $1000 winner take all YOLO tournament this summer? If over 100 people go, I can make it happen.

Last edited:

caneut

Smash Ace
I remember when brawl released I went to a gamestop midnight release, and they had a little tourny with some small reward. But dumb **** ***** ****ing gamestop made it "random characters, single round single elimination." Holy **** pre-teen me was so ****ing mad getting ****ing ICE CLIMBERS on a dumb **** user made stage that was basically just a giant box with holes on the top and bottom with random **** thrown in it.

Pls don't even joke about these rulesets...

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
I remember when brawl released I went to a gamestop midnight release, and they had a little tourny with some small reward. But dumb **** ***** ****ing gamestop made it "random characters, single round single elimination." Holy **** pre-teen me was so ****ing mad getting ****ing ICE CLIMBERS on a dumb **** user made stage that was basically just a giant box with holes on the top and bottom with random **** thrown in it.

Pls don't even joke about these rulesets...
Not a joke. Everyone loves YOLO tournaments whenever we do them. Plus you get more time for friendlies.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
They are pretty fun. I probably wouldn't travel very far for one though.

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
Why dont you just win the yolo tournament then have a real tournament right after and donate your prize to the pot because a 128 man yolo tournament with 4 tv's would be finished in less than 45 minutes so look at all that precious venue time

Top Bottom