• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Petition to make Dreamland the only legal stage

Make Dreamland the only legal stage?

• NOPE. Peach's, Congo and DL is fine.

Votes: 43 65.2%
  • I think that's a good idea.

Votes: 23 34.8%

• Total voters

The Star King

Smash Hero
I think if color blindness is an issue, instead of banning the stage allow the handicapped person to pick the opponents color they find most favorable... Unless they are asking me to change from blue hat pika, then they can go **** themselves.
Yeah. IIRC they had a rule like that in Brawl or something regarding team color combos, for if someone can't tell red and green apart or something.

Shears

Smash Master
Yeah. IIRC they had a rule like that in Brawl or something regarding team color combos, for if someone can't tell red and green apart or something.
Yeah Lucario and Sonic were big reasons for that rule. No reason to not use it here, oh wait, then 64 won't be this special delicate flower. Nevermind, Congo is hopeless I guess...

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
can all the colorblind 64 players please make a post and we'll try to accommodate you in our ruleset

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
  1. *
    NOPE. Peach's, Congo and DL is fine.
    37 vote(s)
    64.9%
  2. I think that's a good idea.
    20 vote(s)
    35.1%

Sangoku

Smash Master
Why the hell are you discussing such an issue? The fact that some people might not have thumbs wasn't an argument in favor of keyboard legality as far as I remember?

I mean if there were people with such pathologies who were involved in the scene that would make sense, but until then I don't see why you'd want to talk about a non-existent problem.

Shears

Smash Master
The thumbs issue is irrelevant, the color blindness not so much. I don't know the statistics of thumblessness but I imagine it to be pretty low. As far as color blindness, its something like 1/5 males are color blind and since this is a predominantly male community (tifa excluded), color blindness can be a more pressing issue than you may think. I'm not color blind but I wouldn't be surprised if many were. But maybe people that are color blind had a disadvantage at the game and ended up never being good and therefore are not in the community so the problem is in fact non-existent...

Sangoku

Smash Master
You are aware that "color blind" is a bad term and most of these patients only have trouble seeing subtle differences between colors right? Pretty sure that is a non-existent issue.

O.o-RITH-o.O

Smash Journeyman
I don't get it, the poll for dreamland only is failing, if you created for any reason, you should respect the damn result,
sorry, it's clearly not what the majority want.

stylisland

Smash Apprentice
I have a friend that's color blind and he doesnt mind playing on Congo, I'm not color blind and I can't see well on Congo and don't like playing on it. But I like it on emu so I think the issue is with old CRT televisions

Annex

Smash Ace
I think all these ruleset arguments should be in the comments section of a poll posted by the TO on the fb page they're using for the tournament.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
  1. *
    NOPE. Peach's, Congo and DL is fine.
    37 vote(s)
    64.9%
  2. I think that's a good idea.
    20 vote(s)
    35.1%
oh is that how it works

i must be new here

someone get nintendude to give me the tour

is daltonism the correct term, btw? that's what i learned in SCHOOL

Last edited:

mixa

Banned via Warnings
tournament in oregon

dude loses a fox ditto on dream land

he changes his character to pika counterpicks to hyrule

#newmeta

TANK64

Smash Lord
me and TANK decided to gentlemans to Hyrule on game 5 2nd set of GF of the Orlando tourney last weekend. Was fun but Tanklin probably regrets it lol. #freehyrule
That only proved Jank is Jank.
Oh and don't go Fox against Pika. And not GF 2nd set, game 5 for your first Fox game of the tourney lol.

That being said. Hyrule should stay banned.

Peaches is Jank.

DL only please. I want to lose to skill not jank. #ShotsFired

As king of the Jank, I know what I'm talking about.

I'm throwing side Jank tourneys from now on for your Peaches. MK is starter, than we ban.

#Jank

And I regret not just going Falcon yeah lol. But I have like 7 tourney viable chars so I like that too. Although I don't like losing. #Salt

I also have 4 friendly viable chars. So come at me.

I remember when I said I wish Orlando had a good Pika lol. Careful what you wish for I guess.

TANK out.

O.o-RITH-o.O

Smash Journeyman
This game doesn't have 7 viable tourney chars if you play DL only tho, it will be a boring rain of falcon and pikachus, with some kirbys and yoshis.
#4charsnuff?
#massivepikadittos
#boringmatches

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
This game doesn't have 7 viable tourney chars if you play DL only tho
you're right, it has 12

i guess 11 if you want to ***** about link

also: TANK rhymes with JANK

wake up smashboards

mixa

Banned via Warnings
petition to lock all these bs threads until someone actually puts some goddamn effort instead of hashtagging

or just doing the 'oh look! i saw a falcon at apex 14 !!! oh my god let me get my dose of confirmation bias and bull**** all over the place'

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
mixa could you assemble some data like

how many individual people played falcon at apex 2013 vs apex 2014, keeping in mind secondaries/tertiaries, so we can see the distribution for the two events?

some of the people don't have that info, though, and some is wrong (ie tacos also used falcon and kirby at apex 2014)

i know for a fact link was the only character not in the top...16? at apex 2013, but there are fewer characters repped at apex 2014's top 16

O.o-RITH-o.O

Smash Journeyman
You can full yourself all you want, but for everyone watching was: pika vs pika, pika vs falcon, and falcon vs falcon... with some ocasional yoshi showing up.. during the whole tournament (at least what was recorded of it)

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
legalizing all stages or restricting it to one does not mean there will be a change in how many people pick falcon and pika. there are ALWAYS people who gravitate towards those two, no matter what stagelist is legal. it's not like link is A tier on hyrule, for instance...

O.o-RITH-o.O

Smash Journeyman
legalizing all stages or restricting it to one does not mean there will be a change in how many people pick falcon and pika. there are ALWAYS people who gravitate towards those two, no matter what stagelist is legal. it's not like link is A tier on hyrule, for instance...
This game is anything but competitively balanced, in terms of characters,
i agreed, pika,falcon and kirby will always be more used cause they are toptier..
but fox would be far more used vs pikachus in hirule, in other hand if you go running to fox the other guy can counterpick you playing kirby or maybe falcon if he feels more comfortable ...
luigi and samus would be a possible counterpick vs kirby/pika but if you go blindly you can get foxed in the face..
mario would have a better chance as well.
What i mean is, having more stages you have the opportunity to use the mid/low tiers as counterpicks vs the unbalanced top tiers of smash64, especially pikachu. (The risk here is playing a match not to know who's better at smash, but to know have the better pikachu/falcon in DL)

Tho i plan to one day travel to the US to play in the apex with Banze, i'm now speaking as nothing but a faithful viewer.
I wonder what tacos,dexter,isai,boom and other top players think about this...

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
the better player should win the game regardless of stage and matchup.

are you saying luigi/samus are possible counters to kirby/pika on hyrule?

i think hyrule diminishes my chances of winning, personally. i'd much rather play ALL of the characters on DL than on hyrule because i think samus is one of the worst when it comes to dealing with camping, so i prefer smaller stages.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
mixa could you assemble some data like
lmao no i cant. these people suck at arguments and with the status quo being hyrule sucks, effort should come from those who want their tornado back. else they should stick with the occasional "#bring hyrule back" that pop up every now and again

there are various problems with a simple analysis of how many people used what. for instance, mariguas didnt attend apex 13. it's pretty safe to say we'd see one more falcon on the top had he attended it.
nangoku attended 13, but in 14 we had merihim instead, which happened to be falcon. did merihim decide to come and nangoku decide not to come because hyrule was banned? what if kikoushi had come again? oh wow, look at the stage list, too many kirbys!! what about tacos, star king? see all the problems? the causation isn't there. there are too many placings that are due to simply good players showing up. the community is too small to just grab numbers like this.

besides, they're sneaking under my rug their bull**** assumption that "character balance" (with some "viewer pleasure" thrown in) is what the ruleset should abide to -- nevermind that hyrule may or may not have more character balance -- the discussion goes nowhere if we cant agree on the starting point, and i dont. other people who posted about the issue also dont. so there you have it
if nintendude gets too good at wobbling he'll step down from TOing 64 and some hyrule guy can lobby harder the next TO. ggs

Komotonoto

Smash Journeyman
lmao no i cant. these people suck at arguments and with the status quo being hyrule sucks, effort should come from those who want their tornado back. else they should stick with the occasional "#bring hyrule back" that pop up every now and again

there are various problems with a simple analysis of how many people used what. for instance, mariguas didnt attend apex 13. it's pretty safe to say we'd see one more falcon on the top had he attended it.
nangoku attended 13, but in 14 we had merihim instead, which happened to be falcon. did merihim decide to come and nangoku decide not to come because hyrule was banned? what if kikoushi had come again? oh wow, look at the stage list, too many kirbys!! what about tacos, star king? see all the problems? the causation isn't there. there are too many placings that are due to simply good players showing up. the community is too small to just grab numbers like this.

besides, they're sneaking under my rug their bull**** assumption that "character balance" (with some "viewer pleasure" thrown in) is what the ruleset should abide to -- nevermind that hyrule may or may not have more character balance -- the discussion goes nowhere if we cant agree on the starting point, and i dont. other people who posted about the issue also dont. so there you have it
if nintendude gets too good at wobbling he'll step down from TOing 64 and some hyrule guy can lobby harder the next TO. ggs
Fatty add me on skype. Me like ur music. I need moar pls.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
cobr how will you ever be able to call someone out on their lack of essential life skills - knowing how to cook - if you can't simple math

i can math
you can math
hesheit can math
we can math
everyone can math, and so can you

believe in yourself

Last edited:

Komotonoto

Smash Journeyman
cobr how will you ever be able to call someone out on their lack of essential life skills - knowing how to cook - if you can't simple math

i can math
you can math
hesheit can math
we can math
everyone can math, and so can you

believe in yourself
send me musicccccccccccccccc y u ignore meh?!! D:

mixa

Banned via Warnings
whoa i was really confused while watching this vid, then i realized it's probably the first time i hear the original voices of the sponge and the starman

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
That only proved Jank is Jank.
Oh and don't go Fox against Pika. And not GF 2nd set, game 5 for your first Fox game of the tourney lol.

That being said. Hyrule should stay banned.

Peaches is Jank.

DL only please. I want to lose to skill not jank. #ShotsFired

As king of the Jank, I know what I'm talking about.

I'm throwing side Jank tourneys from now on for your Peaches. MK is starter, than we ban.

#Jank

And I regret not just going Falcon yeah lol. But I have like 7 tourney viable chars so I like that too. Although I don't like losing. #Salt

I also have 4 friendly viable chars. So come at me.

I remember when I said I wish Orlando had a good Pika lol. Careful what you wish for I guess.

TANK out.
10/10 post, Janklin

Top Bottom