• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Funny thing is, I didn't leave them because of customers, I even had a lady invite me over for spaghetti and date night once. lmao
If I had lived in the Boston area where I was taking calls I should've done it. q.q

I left because near the end of my second week of live calls, I had a guy who just really didn't understand internet call me and ask to help fix his router. Took maybe 10 minutes to explain the simple powercycle process and do it, pretty easy call honestly. Well after we got done with that and I asked if he needed anything else, he explained he was at his brother's house and the reason they got internet for him was because he was learning disabled and wanted to play Call of Duty online and shiz. So he bought him a PS3, but he'd never set one up and had no clue how to set up his internet on it, asked me if I could walk him through it.

Comcast doesn't want us doing anything past router/computer working, so I kinda' start to say he'd have to call Sony, but decided **** it he needs help. So I walk him through it all over the phone, takes about an hour total for what was originally a 10 minute call. Everything's done, he's really happy, I was happy for him, call's over. Immediately get pulled aside by my supervisor who saw simply I was in an hour long call and got chewed out for not referring him to Sony for his issue. I go on break pissed off, decided to clock out for good that day and never went back.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
My friend works at a Verizon call center and I don't know how he deals with it. He hooked me up w/ a job there a while back and I couldn't do it. It's so brain numbing.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I currently work in a call center. And I despise it.

For one, we must follow strict, kinda dumb guidelines. Then people are idiots and uncooperative. Also, we're supposed to achieve stuff with an impossibly low average call time. Then some of our calls are monitored and if we missed one step of the guideline or take a bit too long on the call, we're scored as 0/100, and no matter how good the rest of the interaction was, one mistake drops you to 0.

Wouldn't be too bad, but I hate treating people and customer support is something I just wasn't born to do.

I'm there because a friend invited me, we get prizes if we invite people, and it's pretty much the only place they'd allow me to keep my hair long.

Thor

Smash Champion
At 18, my current plan is to get my undergraduate from University of Illinois @ Urbana-Champaign in Engineering Physics, go get a Master's somewhere, then either pick up a PhD somewhere or else pray a guy with a master's and bachelor's in engineering can get a job.

At this point I'm just praying that I can find a decent job after college that I don't hate.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I've worked in the call centers of two cable companies, a professional charity fundraiser, direct marketing, and the Census Bureau. I've also done retail, door-to-door sales and marketing, and a handful of odd jobs.

The door-to-door stuff was amazing, the Census Bureau was at least good for working on personal projects, and the rest fluctuated between soul-crushing and incensing. I sympathize.

In case anyone's up for it, taking volunteers and requests for Tomodachi.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I have worked in a convenience store, in a restaurant franchise (the only one following my career), making door-to-door surveys, and another survey round by assaulting people on the streets.

I want to go back to the restaurants, but people are too close-minded here and won't let me work there with my hair long.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I've done retail, call centers, security, landscaping, waiting, knife selling (Vector), Spanish tutoring and gardening.

I'm less than a year from my BA; so stoked.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Lmao, I had a friend who did Vector. I think. My mom bought a knife set from him out of pity, and I think that was the only sale he ever made.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
I worked in a call center before, kinda.
We called numbers at random to do surveys and stuff, most of it political.

And for a while before (the last 7 months) I worked as a yardhand for construction (Buff Leaf) and a couple weeks ago I got promoted to driving trucks/delivering parts.
Not like, large trucks. Regular trucks. Sometimes with a trailer.
Trailers are scary.

I'm going to a tournament this weekend. For real, the last, final, ever caring about Brawl I will ever do.
Only because we're getting a new smash game, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_mFvJ6y_3I Does anyone remember what this was used for a long time ago? I was looking through some old stuff and I came across it. Next time, Stealth...

Vale

Smash Ace
I've finally gotten around to starting my drug and alcohol course for my permit/lisence. These are just some of the INSANE KNOWLEDGE BOMBS that I would never had known otherwise:

- Healthy people can deal with alcohol easier than overweight out of shape ones.
- The highest level of alcohol in your system happens when you stop consuming the alcohol.
- The brain is part of your central nervous system.
- Consuming calories can lead to weight gain.
- Alcohol abuse can lead to relationship problems.
- Drinking games cause people to get drunk.
- Drugs can be used for medical purposes.
- Smoking and drinking are not illegal once you reach a certain age.

I feel so enlightened right now.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
How long we talkin?
In my case, about two years (though the convenience store was earlier)

I've finally gotten around to starting my drug and alcohol course for my permit/lisence. These are just some of the INSANE KNOWLEDGE BOMBS that I would never had known otherwise:

- Healthy people can deal with alcohol easier than overweight out of shape ones.
- The highest level of alcohol in your system happens when you stop consuming the alcohol.
- The brain is part of your central nervous system.
- Consuming calories can lead to weight gain.
- Alcohol abuse can lead to relationship problems.
- Drinking games cause people to get drunk.
- Drugs can be used for medical purposes.
- Smoking and drinking are not illegal once you reach a certain age.

I feel so enlightened right now.
Oh, trust me, you're just at the tip of the iceberg

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Oh wow lol now I feel silly

I'd say it's currently more or less like this:

It even bobs out similarly.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Oh, it does.

But for some reason society just doesn't accept males with long hair.
Specially in the gastronomic industry.

"But they're right, I don't want to have a hair in my food!"
Then why can women work in a kitchen without being told to cut their hair? That's some kind of sexism there, but I guess it's okay because it only affects men.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Yeah that's pretty silly. & depending on which jobs you're going for, I thought the food industry was one of the more lax out there. (Lots and lots of former drug addicts/cons go for BOH restaurant jobs, at least here in Philly. You'd think long hair would be nothing compared to that.)

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Quips.

Back in the day, Vector tried to hire me. I came in for one training seminar, left, never returned. Didn't even call back. Then I went and sold cable.

Every time I re-read "Leaf would look perfectly in place doing yard work" I keep seeing a literal leaf. I may need sleep.

I totally called the length thing. If my phone would've cooperated I would've even said so.

Easier to find a hair in your Big Mac than prove that yes, Flippy McPhee is in fact stoned out of his hamburgles. Even if he is eating all the inventory. Ain't fair, just playing odds.

Drop the mic, off to bed, be back tonight.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Black people can't be racist either. (I do actually believe an aspect of that, but the generalized notion is stupid as hell.)

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Black people can't be racist either. (I do actually believe an aspect of that, but the generalized notion is stupid as hell.)
The scientific name for it is "reverse racism." Just like how wanting equality between genders is called "feminism."

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
are we talking jobs now?
i got hired as a like, super RA i guess is the easist way to put it. Im in charge of RA's so i dont have to do the ****ty part of their job but i get to do group management and deal with drug use and all that fun conduct stuff, which is fine since hai my name is therapist and i do drug screening on the daily. Aside from that i get a free place to stay, food payed for, and 1k a month. Hello new car

dont be racist rei, a lapras lover is not even human,

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
If black people weren't racist, we wouldn't have great Spike Lee films.

And Woody Harrelson wouldn't have been able to win all that money on the court.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I've prob said this everywhere possible at this point, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY AARON!!!! <3 :smash::smash::smash:

Thor

Smash Champion
Reizilla said:
The scientific name for it is "reverse racism."
Nah it's just racism that's not the usual way.

Even though that quote is probably sarcastic, that term annoys me enough to speak out about it.

As does the below quote...

TofertheHuman said:
Males cannot be the victims of sexism, only women.
http://witchwind.wordpress.com/2013/05/19/spot-the-man-behind-the-man/

Eat your heart out. Oh wait that's what they want you to do since all the men are obviously amoral murdering rapist demons, right?

[someone should cut that sarcasm with a knife - it has to be real sharp though]

Happy Birthday Prime!

Last edited:

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Looks like someone hasn't experienced the Toferism.

And Happy BDay, Prime.
A present delivery of Maan's ball sack is in order.
[ I do believe a certain someone wanted his ****. ]

Top Bottom