• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Guys! guys! guys! guys! guys! guys! ragazzi! guys! guys!

There was a Moo sighting and I have a snapshot!

Now I need a film crew.

altairian

Smash Lord
So I went 0-14 on wifi tonight. I'm pretty impressed with myself, it's hard to suck that bad (at least 3 of the matches I could have won but I'm bad at maintaining a lead)

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
So I went 0-14 on wifi tonight. I'm pretty impressed with myself, it's hard to suck that bad (at least 3 of the matches I could have won but I'm bad at maintaining a lead)
Well wifi is very laggy, i mean VERY. though im sure u know that ;)

it took me at least 1.5 hrs playing wth my friends via wifi to be able to get used to the lag time.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Yeah... wifi is bad... usually. I've had a couple matches online where lag is pretty low. :) Although, lag really messes up my QAC something awful.

Speaking of wi-fi, I really gotta get the rest of those high-voltage mod matches in sometime... As soon as I retrain with pikachu. It's amazing how badly I suck after a 3-month hiatus from brawl.

Taeran

Smash Journeyman
Rising uair QAC combos are hard for me online because I don't use tap jump...lol

Wifi always has at least 3 frames of lag.

altairian

Smash Lord
Yeah from now on I'm going to be playing a different character on wifi. Most likely G&W but I'm keeping my options open should I find a character that fits better.

Taeran

Smash Journeyman
I've always found Marth to be better online.

Probably because I play pikachu.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Yeah... wifi is bad... usually. I've had a couple matches online where lag is pretty low. :) Although, lag really messes up my QAC something awful.

Speaking of wi-fi, I really gotta get the rest of those high-voltage mod matches in sometime... As soon as I retrain with pikachu. It's amazing how badly I suck after a 3-month hiatus from brawl.
The HV clan is pretty much dead. :/
Rising uair QAC combos are hard for me online because I don't use tap jump...lol

Wifi always has at least 3 frames of lag.
I do them just fine without using tap jump. I use button jump+cstick for rising uairs.
Yeah from now on I'm going to be playing a different character on wifi. Most likely G&W but I'm keeping my options open should I find a character that fits better.
Playing G&W isn't going to help your Pika! Keep using Pika, you'll get better. Wifi is pretty good practice, imo.
You BETTER get it. >_>
No!

Also any character with range or lots of power are going to be buffed in wifi. So Marth doesn't suck on wifi.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
*side-tracking from the current discussion*

The most funniest thing happened yesterday. Me and my crewmates were just messin' around in 4-for-all brawl until one person (who recently just joined our crew) at 10% got hit by warlock punch, samus's charge shot, and falcon punch all at the same time....

....the result.... he instantaneously died.... O_O

so much epicness... too much... lol.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh

The most funniest thing happened yesterday. Me and my crewmates were just messin' around in 4-for-all brawl until one person (who recently just joined our crew) at 10% got hit by warlock punch, samus's charge shot, and falcon punch all at the same time....

replay? :D

.... :D?

.... D:

sounds awesome though.

it would've been funny if his character just disappeared from the game.
And from the roster so you could never pick that character again.

altairian

Smash Lord
Playing G&W isn't going to help your Pika! Keep using Pika, you'll get better. Wifi is pretty good practice, imo.
It will, I think actually. I don't think my problems right now lie in my ability to play pikachu, I feel like my issues lie more in spacing and just plain strategy, which are relatively universal. If I can learn to do better with a character that's gimped less by wifi, then I do feel it will help my pikachu game as well. Besides, any time I play offline it's all pika ;)

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039

What angle could he possibly have been where he gets hit by three moves with hitboxes that go in one direction to the side the user is facing...?

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Alright.... reason why it was SO FUNNY: the setup was like near impossible... 1 in like 10,000 possible chances of our poor newb crewmate to get simultaneously owned by ALL 3 of each opponents BEST MOVE--2 of which were ganon's and captain falcon's punch :D.

Alright lemme see if i can paint the picture... (on FD):

`````````````````CF````````````````

S__________________GW__Gn_____
\_____________________________/

So there you have pretty much the starting positions of this epic triple whammy.

*Backstory*
1) Newb crewmate was really starting to agitate captain falcon crewmate *c. falcon had a vendetta on GW*
2) Samus crewmate luvs pickin' on scrubs that try to pick characters on teirs higher than samus....
3) I (playing the 'dorf) was just constantly randomly throwing Warlock punch w/ warcry, "I will NOT be underestimated!"
4) G&W new crewmate has low self-esteem but has a big mouth....

What Happened:
1) Ganon reversed punched first
2) Samus after yelling, "You're mine!" fires, full-charge shot lands during GW's hitstun (not flying yet) from taking the warlock punch.
3) Falcon jumps to the right over GW and reverses in mid-air weaving into the space right above and between Ganon and GW, and lands the reversed Falcon punch (all while GW is still in charge shot hitstun).
4) Timing was done in a way that all moves landed on GW with falcon punch finishing him and following a couple frames after warlock punch (GW was still hit simultaneously because he was still in stationary hitstun from the charge shot... lol ^_^)
5) Since GW was socked from the right by the 2 'PUNCHES OF LEGEND' (Falcon punch being last) and since samus fired from far away, Game and Watch was killed INSTANTANEOUSLY off to the left without any obstruction. LOL.

We all felt bad for the guy.... no one deserves to go through that trauma... lol ^_^.

Edit:
replay? :D

.... :D?

.... D:
Well, if you guys know what i am talking about, our infinite replay for some reason wouldn't save that one (too long for it to handle? too glitchy for it to handle? too much **** for it to handle?). Whatever the reason, we saw it and are going to replicate the footage and post on youtube. ^_^

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
I did something almost similar to that.
I was fighting someone on wifi in friendlies with pokeballs, and he got stuck between a meowth and wobbuffet
and then a third pokeball showed up and it was Ho-Oh
Needless to day he died very quickly after the attacks stopped.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
ill try sometime, but my job makes me way too much money, and with school going on right now im limited to weekends, and no koast is so close that it is about the only one i can go to till school is over

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Any other Austin players able to give us a ride (or someone who passes austin along the way)? My bro can't drive cuz he can't bring his car over to TX. Hopefully, things'll work out. I am coming to hopefully beat up TL's.... hopefully. My lil bro arc is coming for the same. I didn't know you were around the same region either. Nice ^_^.

Top Bottom