• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

mib004

Smash Ace
X.X

I'm so glad I read this before I left..... now I can at least be prepared. ;;

I'm a little surprised at Zelda going so far down.... I mean, I knew she was gonna go lower, but I didn't expect it to be by THAT much. Oh well.

Anyways, my comp is still spazzing out..... I think I'mma just look into getting a new one unless my friend can come over to fix it soon. -_-

Siiiigh~ I miss you guys already!

(This is Steph! obviously, lol. Over my friend's place.)
Yo steph, i forgot you play pika lmao

Peregrinus Falconidae

Smash Journeyman
I randomly vanished cos we moved house and my tennis became so serious I barely had any time for school and so forth lol.

Was actually in America about last December until midway through Jan, was greeaaaaaat and I even saw snow for the first time - no snow over here 'cept on the mountains.

Peregrinus Falconidae

Smash Journeyman
Yes washington got waht 2-3 feet of snow when I was there before Christmas... never seen so much snow in my life!

Edit: We actually were meant to stop in Kansas cos we have an old friend there bu last minute changes... and I wouldn't have found ya anyways :p

Roller

Smash Legend
So I saw the old high voltage thread, and had to see what that was about. Then I see it's just you two clowns resurrecting it with small talk. lol

In true pika fashion. Well done. Also, hey Peregrinus.

And I'm on spring break... And it's February? wtf???

Peregrinus Falconidae

Smash Journeyman
Omg it's roller i want a new siggy lol! NAh, we'll talk bout that some other time
Well I was a bit of an idiot for not browsing... and all in America should envy my time at the beach :p

Hey, how outdated was my old stickied guide before it got un-stickied?

altairian

Smash Lord
It's so quiet in here. What did everyone do this weekend? =D
I drove a ridiculous amount of hours on basically no sleep. Went to viridian city and was too tired to be social so I barely even talked to KLO! and kenny (sorry I didn't even say hi to anyone else, I know TUSM and Vex were there, not sure if any other pikas were). Got wrecked pretty hard in doubles, and ended up in a pool with Neo, Dark Peach, and Dire (he plays G&W, I hadn't heard of him so I dunno how known he is) and 2 other guys, one of which was a pretty good mk/ic's. The only way it could have been worse is if there was a Diddy in the pool too XD
No johns though, they were great players and would have beaten me regardless of matchup. I did beat the olimar in my pool though, which felt good cause olimar is a matchup I fear.

I dunno if I'll go to a VC again honestly. I didn't really have that much fun =\ May have just been because I got no sleep though, I dunno.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I dunno if I'll go to a VC again honestly. I didn't really have that much fun =\ May have just been because I got no sleep though, I dunno.
No, i think it was the 100+ Smashers cramped into a small, narrow building. That was, by far, the worst venue I've every gone to. On top of that, I played some of the worse games I've ever played in my life. I got last in doubles, AND I got last in pools. Eevee was in my pool by the way. After getting 2-0'ed by three different people, I kinda didn't care anymore and started picking random characters. She did beat my ROB, though.....

All in all, worse tournament ever.

altairian

Smash Lord
No, i think it was the 100+ Smashers cramped into a small, narrow building. That was, by far, the worst venue I've every gone to. On top of that, I played some of the worse games I've ever played in my life. I got last in doubles, AND I got last in pools. Eevee was in my pool by the way. After getting 2-0'ed by three different people, I kinda didn't care anymore and started picking random characters. She did beat my ROB, though.....

All in all, worse tournament ever.
lol well I'm glad I wasn't the only person to feel that way.

One of you PA peoples give me a heads up when there's gonna be a good sized PA tourney that you're all going to. I'll see if I can bring some upstate people and actually get some sleep beforehand and we can actually hang out and play each other lol. Oh yeah, and I thought KayLo! might want to hear that my friends that watched our wifi tourney set commented that she's **** good, which I definitely agree with =) Enter singles next time!

Kenrawr

Smash Master
My complaints and shoutouts for VC since you guys are doin it ;D!:

-Hosts were rude as ****. (owner and TO)

-Venue was cramped as ****.

-Players were rude as ****.

-I had to stand during all of my doubles matches >_>

-alt was hard to find to talk to even though he's a tall *** white guy :@!

-bry needs to post in the social more. Really cool guy.

(Why don't NY players capitalize their names?)

-I forgot to put on deodorant that morning ;__; drank teh night before and didn't sleep!

-PikaPika was fun to talk to and fun to play. Two pikachus in the same pool getting the two top seeds =p! I'ma get him next time.

-I'm a suburbs boy and can't cross the city streets without holding Kaylo or TUSM's hand.

-Ike is a hard match up for pika ._.

-Kaylo's Zelda is a hard match up for my pika ._.

-Ganondorfs are not!

-UFB is not a racist crew and doesn't hate this particular white boy.

-Tourney went on till like 4 AM and we finally got back to MD at 8 AM x____x

@bigman - It's 50/50 if I'm comin or not. It all depends on if I can find a carpool to NC ><

@zaj - lmao yes. I love that.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
My complaints and shoutouts for VC since you guys are doin it ;D!:

-Hosts were rude as ****. (owner and TO)

-Venue was cramped as ****.

-Players were rude as ****.

-I had to stand during all of my doubles matches >_>

-alt was hard to find to talk to even though he's a tall *** white guy :@!

-bry needs to post in the social more. Really cool guy.

(Why don't NY players capitalize their names?)

-I forgot to put on deodorant that morning ;__; drank teh night before and didn't sleep!

-PikaPika was fun to talk to and fun to play. Two pikachus in the same pool getting the two top seeds =p! I'ma get him next time.

-I'm a suburbs boy and can't cross the city streets without holding Kaylo or TUSM's hand.

-Ike is a hard match up for pika ._.

-Kaylo's Zelda is a hard match up for my pika ._.

-Ganondorfs are not!

-UFB is not a racist crew and doesn't hate this particular white boy.

-Tourney went on till like 4 AM and we finally got back to MD at 8 AM x____x

@bigman - It's 50/50 if I'm comin or not. It all depends on if I can find a carpool to NC ><

@zaj - lmao yes. I love that.
FINALLY someone agrees with me?

Kenrawr

Smash Master
FINALLY someone agrees with me?
hehe. I'm sure PP! would agree too. He was commentating my match to some guy and talking about how hard it is for pika while I was playing against San x_x When I'm on the ledge I have no idea how to get back on vs Ike and it seems like you trade hits SO MUCH in that MU. The difference being that a hit from Ike is wtfouch. After my set PP was just like "I can't beat him with pika either" x_x

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
LOL kenny. dude we got dat guranteed CG to 60% plus...............ike dosent have a projectile so u clda just idk camped him? i mean, in a match where the other person has no projectile u pretty much have the liesure of stayn back and spamming the **** out of that projectile.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I could easily see why. Those matches vs. Bored illustrated the issues Pika has with Ike pretty well back at Steakfest 2.

Ike aside, Prime, you better have bought that Pikachu hat with your half of the money from Mizumi!

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
this aint the MU thread but idk, i fight an ike quite often and spacing wth jolts seems to be the way to go. eats through everything. idk, the ike isnt all that great either tho.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
I don't think I could wear a hat like that to a tourney, lol.

Also, Burrito has beaten me and Brettster got close to beating me. There's also that Ike that beat HyIian that could probably beat me.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
i wonder what it is that ike has, cuz besides his jab and bair everythng else seems easy to work around.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I think the main issue is his range. Ike has a buttload of range, so I would believe that it's difficult for Pika to get close. You can spam TJolt all you want, but if you drop a stock early and you're camping to 500% but can't get a kill......OK, that's a little too extreme.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I don't think I could wear a hat like that to a tourney, lol.
I'd staple it to your skull. Problem solved.

Also, Burrito has beaten me and Brettster got close to beating me. There's also that Ike that beat HyIian that could probably beat me.
That would be Slaps you're talking about.

i wonder what it is that ike has, cuz besides his jab and bair everythng else seems easy to work around.
It's probably just the overall range and killing potential he has that simply dwarfs Pikachu's at every twist and turn.

Top Bottom