• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PGD4: I changed the title.

Soul.

Also, Thank god, sounds like someone else was as disappointed with ORAS as I was. (Although I actually liked XY minus the pretty lame post-game. :c)
I was hyped for X/Y until release day. No post game smh, story is pretty meh too.. ORAS is boring af.
Sinnoh is the best ever.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sinnoh was the lowest point of the series for me and was the gen that severely diminished my interest in Pokemon games. The least interesting Pokemon, least interesting characters, least interesting villains, a terrible rival, and the most frustrating to traverse landscape of all. I prefer gen 3 "too much water" Hoenn to the mountain that splits the region in half. All the bonus pizazz in Sinnoh was disappointing, especially the lackluster underground. It's the gen where "events" began to truly get frustrating. The stealth rock meta was boring as hell too.

It also introduced Lucario, which is a blight on the universe.

Cynthia is cool though.

I'm just tired of the formula. I want them to mix it up again like with Colosseum. Do something interesting with the story, put a spin on the mechanics, give me a goal that isn't "get the badges, beat the league." Preferably no pokedex so I can not be OCD about never getting every Pokemon. I did it once in RSE, and it's hard to want to do it again. **** Feebas.

I know people love Pokemon as is though, and I'm likely in the minority.

Soul.

I enjoyed Sinnoh more than the other Pokémon regions because to me, it felt like a "new beginning" of sorts. The music reflects this, too --the slower pace is w/e; I didn't really care about that. HG/SS should have fixed that by now. Pokémon stories don't matter to me because I want to complete them asap so that I can get to the other stuff known as competitive Pokémon.

Wi-Fi battles made things look real; I don't even give a **** if people used PokéGen to get their Pokémon and battle right away. Breeding Pokémon is a waste of time for most players. Now it's Showdown or Pokémon Online. XY meta is cancer.

Also I think Gen 5 is the one to blame. **** Power Creep. **** it.

Also [x2] I also enjoyed playing Colosseum/XD; would like to see a game like them. Shadow Pokémon were a pretty cool concept.

Soul.

GEN 2: THE REIGN OF
AND OVERALL DEFENSIVENESS.
yes that is true.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
I love all of the Pokemon main series games really. If I had to pick a least favorite, it would be Red/Blue I guess? Mainly because they were the least polished, but they were the first games after all. I started with Diamond and really enjoyed it along with Pearl and Platinum later on. Black/White were probably my favorites since they introduced a bunch of great Pokemon, had the best story imo, one of (if not the) best soundtracks (bring back the low health music pls ;_;), a cool-looking and varied region, a decent level of challenge and was just really fresh overall.

Competitively, I'm not too fond of Gen 5 or 6, though that's only really for OU and Battle Spot. I'm a big fan of Gen 6 UU and enjoy playing the lower tiers, Ubers, Doubles and Triples in Gen 6 sometimes. I don't have too much experience with previous gens competitively since they're so inactive now, but I've generally enjoyed Gen 4 battles and Gen 5 UU, RU and NU have been pretty fun from what I've played.

D

Deleted member

My least favorite main series Pokemon games are Gen I. It was a good beginning, but I think there were a bit questionable design choices, such as not checking that Psychic Pokemon were immune to Ghost instead of being weak to Ghost and super limited inventory slots. The Psychic Pokemon can be a pain to deal with even in the Gen III remakes, where you only have the Ghastly line (and if you don't have extra GBAs and copies of the remakes, you're screwed) and no Dark types to deal with them.

Outside of Gen I, I am not a fan of the Sinnoh saga, mainly because I found the region to be pretty... boring to say the least. In fact, I moved onto Gen V before I (eventually) beat Cynthia.

I can't speak much in terms of competitive play. I tried to get into it, but I found it to be too tedious of a process of getting perfect Pokemon and hold items.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Gen 3 introduced Wailord Walrein Glalie Sharpedo Regice Duskull Sceptile, too many to count.
In terms of pokemon Gen 3 is favorite along with really liking the story, TWO enemies and one of the first times I actually had some damn trouble with a rival and having the most nostalgia for gen 3, especially with battle frontier/Emerald version.

Gen 4 brought nothing but a few more pokemon I like which isn't enough to warrant it. Gen 5 was almost better than Hoenn, nostalgia glasses better than choice specs tho. The whole 2.5D thing and having a lot more pokemon I liked in this gen made it better than 4.
Never played 6, prolly never will sadly so guess gen 5 is my last experience but no big deal.

Last edited:

Scatz

Smash Champion
I'll stick to my Gen 1. Though, I'm pretty unbiased since I like a handful in each gen.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Holy ****, this is what it means to be old.

Never in my life would I realize kids wouldn't think of Gen 1 as the beginning of a new life.

I will never forget the feeling of unboxing Red version laying on the floor of my family's apartment sometime around noon, sun coming half through the flat window shades from the patio. My big orange tabby laying down next to me, and I, full of warmth, put red version in my see-through Gameboy and life was fantastic.

Every new gen of Pokemon brings with it new life and memories, cynicism and Pokemon games don't mix friends.

Thor

Smash Champion
Holy ****, this is what it means to be old.

Never in my life would I realize kids wouldn't think of Gen 1 as the beginning of a new life.

I will never forget the feeling of unboxing Red version laying on the floor of my family's apartment sometime around noon, sun coming half through the flat window shades from the patio. My big orange tabby laying down next to me, and I, full of warmth, put red version in my see-through Gameboy and life was fantastic.

Every new gen of Pokemon brings with it new life and memories, cynicism and Pokemon games don't mix friends.
I like Wooper. As was shown in the Brawl threads way back somewhere.

EDIT: Wait this is related to nothing in here. Except maybe my lack of cynicism.

Last edited:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Just like how I don't dislike any Pokemon, I don't really dislike any generation. Each one has its own pros and cons. Even if a generation lacks something in, say, competitive battling, it usually makes up for it in a better story/theme or actual gameplay. And of course I'm pretty always pleased with the new Pokemon every generation, so that's a plus for every generation.
Seriously, though, the Trubbish and Vanilite lines are really well-designed. :grin:

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I don't see ESAM, but I see Trela doing absurd things with a swordspider.

Hey @ Antonykun Antonykun . You peeping this?

Also where's ESAM in the tourney now? Running Mobile quality due to work, I can't see nothing but blobs for names.
lets see a tour with the best pika AND the best Swordspider the only way it can get any better is if Gambaranai appeared out of nowhere and joined the tournament

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Dude. ESAM and Denti in Grand Finals.

Everybody get in here.
http://www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator

P I K A B O Y Z R E P O R T

[EDIT]: ESAM takes the tourney.

Excuse me while I go fanboy in the corner, I'll be right back.

Last edited:

Thor

Smash Champion
Sorry I wasn't here. Sounds hype. Hopefully vods will be up soon and I can watch ESAM dominate [as usual]. I also still have to go watch that tournament where he lost a set to 8bitman or whoever that ROB was [saw that one but not LFs or GFs].

Thor

Smash Champion
Sorry double post but over 24 hours since and not an obnoxious one... *insert obligatory generic "E3 HYPE" post*

But seriously, Roy Ryu Lucas look awesome, and I'm super excited for the Peach's Castle DLC down the line... I want it to be a counterpick, but then I realized that can only seem horribly self-interested because of exactly how much of that stage we can QAC on [XD]. Would want it legal even if I was still a Sheik/Falcon player without the Pikachu though.

Thor

Smash Champion
So... M2K dropped a game to Demitus. @ Hoenn Hoenn maybe this'll make you feel a bit better for dropping that one set to him???

Also GanonTheBeast, number one on the Minnesota PR [my home state], defied Logic 2-1 (heh). As his tag suggests, he is a solo Ganondorf main, and he tends to opt for 1111 or 2121.

Smash 'n Splash has been super hype.

Hoenn

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hoenn101
I am not surprised, I am only mad about losing to demitus because I lose to random falcons

I just suck at the matchup due to not being able to play the way i like to

I was supposed to go to SnS, but i had no way of paying and I also hate customs

I feel like all of the top 10 in chicago can beat ANYONE in the world if we are playing our best (especially if we know the matchup)... Not saying we will, but we can
We are not a free region.

Thor

Smash Champion
I am not surprised, I am only mad about losing to demitus because I lose to random falcons

I just suck at the matchup due to not being able to play the way i like to

I was supposed to go to SnS, but i had no way of paying and I also hate customs

I feel like all of the top 10 in chicago can beat ANYONE in the world if we are playing our best (especially if we know the matchup)... Not saying we will, but we can
We are not a free region.
ZeRo.

Also please congratulate Nite for me - was happy to seem him bop FreeFreeRockets the Fraud, and I'm impressed with his top 8 placing.

I'm curious why you hate customs... Heavy Skull Bash is better than the tools any other characters gets, minus probably DK/Ganondorf/Palutena/Mii Brawler. Or is it ideological, rather than "I hate customs because I suck at fighting them"?

Hoenn

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hoenn101
ZeRo.

Also please congratulate Nite for me - was happy to seem him bop FreeFreeRockets the Fraud, and I'm impressed with his top 8 placing.

I'm curious why you hate customs... Heavy Skull Bash is better than the tools any other characters gets, minus probably DK/Ganondorf/Palutena/Mii Brawler. Or is it ideological, rather than "I hate customs because I suck at fighting them"?
ZeRo is out of this world though :p
I don't think I could beat ZeRo even if I am playing at my best lol

I will give the message to NiTe for you :)
@NitemareBabyseal is the homie (Really hope I tagged the correct NiTe lmao)

I hate customs because of what the game turns into. Sure, pikachu becomes godlike with customs, but it is not the way I like to see the game being played. in my eyes, it is just a giant gimmick fest and I hate it.

I know how to beat most of them, I just don't like what the game turns into

Last edited:

Thor

Smash Champion

ZeRo is out of this world though :p
I don't think I could beat ZeRo even if I am playing at my best lol

I will give the message to NiTe for you :)
@NitemareBabyseal is the homie (Really hope I tagged the correct NiTe lmao)

I hate customs because of what the game turns into. Sure, pikachu becomes godlike with customs, but it is not the way I like to see the game being played. in my eyes, it is just a giant gimmick fest and I hate it.

I know how to beat most of them, I just don't like what the game turns into
Eh, there's like 3, maybe 4 that become gimmicks. But Sheik/Diddy is barely changed, Ganondorf/Megaman becomes a little fairer with cool tricks on both sides to help each of them out... Link has a real boomerang and Shulk's counter is better, but unless you hate all of that, I think you're looking at the downside of them.

I see Ganondorf becoming maybe viable, Link being better... basically small buffs across the board that generally make MUs closer [sans Pikachu who kinda breaks the system lol] and gives more characters a fighting chance. I don't see it shutting anyone out of the game [making them unviable], but I see Palutena/DK become viable, hence I like them.

To each their own though.

Last edited:

Soul.

Microsoft: Eh?

Nintendo: With all due respect, they said they would be talking about **** that was coming in 2015. Suddenly people start expecting hype stuff, then get disappointed because the majority of the games shown on the Digital Event were 3DS games. So much salt. Hoping E3 2016 is better; they really don't deserve this hate. They did, however, acknowledge the disappointment and that they will do their best to better meet people's expectations.
At least they showed Star Fox.

Sony: FF VII. Shenmue III. Nothing really interesting after that.

---
EA: lol
Ubisoft: lol

Umbreoff

Smash Cadet
Hey. Just dropping by. I'm on a smash break, but I'm hoping to make some connections so that I'll have some really good opponents to help me improve my game when I get back. I hope this is an appropriate place to ask for opponents. I've been here for two months and I still don't know what exactly is ok to ask in what threads lmao.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Nintendo: With all due respect, they said they would be talking about **** that was coming in 2015. Suddenly people start expecting hype stuff, then get disappointed because the majority of the games shown on the Digital Event were 3DS games. So much salt. Hoping E3 2016 is better; they really don't deserve this hate. They did, however, acknowledge the disappointment and that they will do their best to better meet people's expectations.
At least they showed Star Fox.
For all the 2015 expectations they set, I expected to see a lot less 2016 out of Ninty's presentation. And let's be honest, E3 is where you pull out the big guns, not Happy Home Designer, Amiibo Party Festival, and Yo-Kai Watch.

I did like the in-depth looks at SMM, Wooly World, and Star Fox Zero, though. Also enjoyed the FE: Fate and Xenoblade Chronicles X trailers. Even Triforce Heroes and Federation Force were pretty solid (although I think they mishandled FF's reveal).

Somehow nobody seems to be talking about the new M&L game either. I'm hyped as hell for that, man.

Hey. Just dropping by. I'm on a smash break, but I'm hoping to make some connections so that I'll have some really good opponents to help me improve my game when I get back. I hope this is an appropriate place to ask for opponents. I've been here for two months and I still don't know what exactly is ok to ask in what threads lmao.
Yo homie.

Ask away in here man, it's all good.

Soul.

For all the 2015 expectations they set, I expected to see a lot less 2016 out of Ninty's presentation. And let's be honest, E3 is where you pull out the big guns, not Happy Home Designer, Amiibo Party Festival, and Yo-Kai Watch.

I did like the in-depth looks at SMM, Wooly World, and Star Fox Zero, though. Also enjoyed the FE: Fate and Xenoblade Chronicles X trailers. Even Triforce Heroes and Federation Force were pretty solid (although I think they mishandled FF's reveal).

Somehow nobody seems to be talking about the new M&L game either. I'm hyped as hell for that, man.

Yo homie.

Ask away in here man, it's all good.
Federation Force has to be the most disliked thing they have shown. I don't know what were people expecting, but salt is funny.
It would have been better if this was a normal Direct, but you know, what can they do. M&L feat. Paper Mario looks cool, though people still want a Paper Mario for Wii U....
...It wasn't that bad. Treehouse was boring though. I only watched it to waste time.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Federation Force has to be the most disliked thing they have shown. I don't know what were people expecting, but salt is funny.
It would have been better if this was a normal Direct, but you know, what can they do. M&L feat. Paper Mario looks cool, though people still want a Paper Mario for Wii U....
...It wasn't that bad. Treehouse was boring though. I only watched it to waste time.
I didn't bother with the Treehouse at all. Nothing personal, I just never have.

Federation Force seemed too much like a title that had the Metroid brand tacked onto it. We needed a reason to care about the characters involved, or at least make it seem like it wasn't trying to cash in on Prime's success and could stand on its own.

Instead we got a gameplay trailer that basically said "Yeah, it's like Prime with co-op, and hey there's another sport mode thing, and it's Metroid, y'all are gonna love it, right?" Course we're gonna say no, we feel played.

The only reason I'm on board is because in another interview Kensuke Tanabe mentioned that he wanted to flesh out the role of the Federation in the Metroid universe, and Federation Force would be a viable game for that. Hearing that gave me hope they'd give this an actual, not-throwaway story, if a skeptic's hope.

I've kind of been chatting about FF the most of all the games shown tonight, if that isn't painfully obvious. I have mixed feelings about that fact.

Soul.

I didn't bother with the Treehouse at all. Nothing personal, I just never have.

Federation Force seemed too much like a title that had the Metroid brand tacked onto it. We needed a reason to care about the characters involved, or at least make it seem like it wasn't trying to cash in on Prime's success and could stand on its own.

Instead we got a gameplay trailer that basically said "Yeah, it's like Prime with co-op, and hey there's another sport mode thing, and it's Metroid, y'all are gonna love it, right?" Course we're gonna say no, we feel played.

The only reason I'm on board is because in another interview Kensuke Tanabe mentioned that he wanted to flesh out the role of the Federation in the Metroid universe, and Federation Force would be a viable game for that. Hearing that gave me hope they'd give this an actual, not-throwaway story, if a skeptic's hope.

I've kind of been chatting about FF the most of all the games shown tonight, if that isn't painfully obvious. I have mixed feelings about that fact.
Like, the Treehouse is just "eh." They show some things here and there, but most of the time it's just reminding what the Direct/presentation/whatever said.

If they make a Metroid Prime sequel, that will make up for the saltfest people are making it out to be... which is Federation Force.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Agreed homie, but I feel like a Prime sequel is going to be a little bit out yet.

Top Bottom