• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PGD4: I changed the title.

Ritronaut

Smash Apprentice
I still think Pikachu is top 5 though, maybe not top 3, but at least his meta is deep and it's very, very hard to master him, so we all still have a long way to go.

By the way, I found a REALLY good method (don't know if it's known or not) to practice up throw -> Pivot thunder (or double jump thunder whichever you prefer, I like pivot more). Plus it also really helps with perfect shielding.

Anyways, Level 9 yoshi set to attack in training mode, set his percentage to 100, and start. He will spam the everloving crap out of eggs. You can literally just walk in, perfect shield them, and grab, it's extremely easy to grab him. Then just up throw thunder, (since it's a level 9 cpu on attack he will DI randomly) restart and repeat. Helped me out a lot. Though sometimes he'll randomly decide to do something else, just restart and do it again, most of the time he egg spams.

Last edited:

iVoltage

$5.99 Abuser
So I bought a gc controller and I've seen the light. It feels really good and the layout is helping me with quick inputs since all the buttons are right there. Might be overhyping quite a bit but I can controller pika better with it.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Personally I prefer the Classic Pro. Think it's a tough call, though.

For the Pro if my button layout has X and Y at jump, I can just run my thumb quickly over them and A or B for a short-hopped attack of some kind. Aerials works the same way on the GCN but specials are awkward when that A button is Snorlaxing the B button as hard as it is.

On the other hand, the GCN C-stick is a lot easier to work with. A lot. Like infinitely.

Granted, pretty terribad pika, so grains of salt all around, but throwing in my experiences nonetheless.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
^ The Quagsire in the top hat speaks the truth :grin:

Anyways, since I didn't have the Gamecube adapter until recently, I had been playing with the Gamepad for a long time. Now I'm unsure which controller I like better. Both are fine with me. :drshrug:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Nah man, you're not terrible. Just enjoy playing the game; it's all that matters.
Oh, but I am. Believe it.

Never fear, though, I still enjoy playing. And thank you and @ A10theHero A10theHero for the votes of confidence.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
The right stick on the Pro is my largest complaint about it.

Honestly if they had a GCN with a more traditional ABXY layout, or a Pro with a GCN-layout C stick, I'd never complain about either one again.

Scary part is, thanks to Splatoon, I'm actually starting to use the Gamepad out of habit. The Gamepad.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Huh. Well, at least you weren't squidbagging the whole match.
Like me.

Don't sweat it.

So I bought a gc controller and I've seen the light. It feels really good and the layout is helping me with quick inputs since all the buttons are right there. Might be overhyping quite a bit but I can controller pika better with it.
Gamecube controllers are awesome! I still have some that are about eleven years old, and they are still functional.
They are my favorite type of controller for Smash Bros., and I use them for every Smash game that I have played. Just would not be Smash Bros. to me without one. :laugh:

Coro_

Smash Apprentice
oh my goodness, it's 2am and the title's different
hide your pichus

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Bout 5:30 here.

Headed to bed, round two. Hopefully I stay asleep this time.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
1PM, reporting in.

Good news, I stayed asleep. Bad news, I stayed asleep too long.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Maybe I should talk here more ****

I don't even know if any of you still remember me from page 8 or something like that lol :happysheep:

Soul.

The second image has swearing involved lol. I'd ask you to remove it before you get a warning.

Soul.

It is fine, no disrespect involved. Censor dodging via images happens sometimes haha

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Underhill, I fought a good Dr. Mario on For Glory recently. Maybe he was not that great, but he beat me by a good margin. Lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I recorded the fight if you want to take a look. The player, who went by Erik(v_pi), really knew his combos in my opinion.

Here is the video. The lag was minimal if I recall correctly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC66v6txuYA
Sorry, dude. Good battle, but For Glory doesn't count. However, I can give you some insight on the MU if you want since I main both. On your profile and not here.

Coro_

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I posted a video of mine at the video thread~
I wonder if I could get some critique? I'd like to know exactly how good I am and what I could be doing better

Coro_

Smash Apprentice
Today at a local smashfest I was completely outplayed by another Pikachu I didn't know existed ;w;
My pride in my main ;w;

I actually saved the replays to upload later if anyone wants to see :p

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I would flip my **** for some dittos.

As far as I'm aware I'm the only Pika in my city, and we always need more Pikas, so I'd love to be wrong.

You would hear my squee in Tennessee.

Followed by the sounds of me getting three-stocked.

I actually saved the replays to upload later if anyone wants to see :p
Would indeed.

I'm useless at advice, but still curious to see.

Last edited:

Soul.

So on the 30th, the day the Super Mario Maker stage is released, we'll be getting an obvious maintenance. If there's a balance patch on this update, let's hope we get the buffs we need. September 30th is close to the day the Ballot closes (October 3rd), so I'm not sure if we'll be getting a new character to please the speculative crowd.

NAir being able to KO again would make me enjoy playing Pikachu a lot more than I do now, among a few other good changes. What kind of changes do you guys want?

Last edited:

KentaKurodani

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KentaKurodani
3DS FC
5370-0467-0413
I'm possibly coming back to Pika, Fox is fun and all but goddamn he dies so fast

Coro_

Smash Apprentice
Not much really, just one guaranteed kill confirm, any kill confirm would make our game a lot easier~
Although, having that hard game could be a charm point in itself XD
The respect from the crowd and all

Last edited:
Top Bottom