• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phantasy Star Zero

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
So,let us discuss. I just ordered this game today, and if you guys have played PSO, you might spend as much time on this game as well. Mags are back too. PSO was on the Dreamcast, and later on ported to future consoles.

Who plays this? I might want to make some runs with people sometime : D I might either pick a HUmar or Hunawearl (if those classes are in that game, if not, I might get one that are close to those classes)

finalark

SNORLAX
I play it, I have a CAST who is pretty good but because the DSi is crap I haven't be able to hook it up to the net with my local connection and both of the shoulder buttons stopped working less than a year after I bought it.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hmmm I am sure it won't fill it up, but it is something I guess. It's on the DS and much closer to it then PSU is. Of that, I am glad. : D

(I had over 100 hours in PSO and then I Corrupted, and I haven't played with another person as of yet, but with PS0 I could feel something somewhat similar to PSO AND play with friends, that is what is important)

finalark

SNORLAX
I say that Sega needs to stop messing around and put out an honest-to-god sequel to PSO, no monthly fees and not on Xbox Live so that way you don't have to deal with immature idiots spamming crap everywhere.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah they should. But we can only insist and wait. Or is there more we can do?

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
I had over 100 hours in PSO and then I Corrupted
this. A THOUSAND TIMES THIS. my lvl 60 hunter got corrupted back in 08 and i haven't touched the game since.

i like pso and all but i wish they would make another classic phantasy star game (like the genesis/master system one). whatever though, if a wii pso is released i will play the **** out of it

finalark

SNORLAX
I think we can all agree on this:

"Sega, people stop messing around with PSU and a billion spin offs and give us PSO again."

Interestingly, PS0 was meant to emulate the feel of PSO as closely as possible (it even looks close when you abbreviate it).

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
this. A THOUSAND TIMES THIS. my lvl 60 hunter got corrupted back in 08 and i haven't touched the game since.

i like pso and all but i wish they would make another classic phantasy star game (like the genesis/master system one). whatever though, if a wii pso is released i will play the **** out of it
Yeah I had a level 94 HUmar and two other level 30 characters. D: <

If it was released I would play the fun out of it haha.

I think we can all agree on this:

"Sega, people stop messing around with PSU and a billion spin offs and give us PSO again."

Interestingly, PS0 was meant to emulate the feel of PSO as closely as possible (it even looks close when you abbreviate it).
Yeah I'm so glad they did. : D

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
Ah PS0...I got that a few days after christmas, I'm an avid fan of PSO and have PSO episode I&II and even
though I was never able to go truly online I still enjoyed doing the dungeon crawler. I always had a HUcast (level 130-ish Skyly) and the best I ever found was a +35% hit meteor cudgel...until my gamecube's lens got decalibrated...I learned a little too late that tele-piping was bad for your cube.

As for PS0, here's a few tips before you put too much time in a character...

1) HUcasts are pretty much the best hunter and with a good pistol and mech do the job as a ranger as well.

2) RA's are garbage, especially the RAmarl. Maybe it was punishment for being amazing in PSO but they lost the ability to use shifta/deband and their ATP growth is abyssmal. In all honesty the RA's got hosed in this one but maybe you will enjoy it.

3) The FO's aren't forced to sit back and just do support now. Unlike in PSO, all force weapons provide substantial support to MST, so if you are deciding on using something that boosts Foi damage by 10% or something that has 30+ MST, take the MST boost.

I might play on friday nights so if you would want to do some online I'll leave my friend code here:
4812 8162 1667

Happy Huntings

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yes I also had PSO episodes I,II, and III. All very good.

I also hadn't really been online with PSO ever. I wish I could have but oh well. One of the reasons which kept me going in PSO (in the start) was hoping to get a new member in a possible party... (which I though would have been Red Ring Rico) but no. xD Ok, here I am at the ruins, thought I beat the game, and am introduced to hard version... whoooo. Then I got addicted and played until Ultimate.

Rangers aren't good anymore? Oh well.

The best I found... was a Yamato. Well, actually... I also got a Holy Ray (at the time I couldn't use it anyways since I would need MST)

Although, my storage was full... so I decided to pass on some of my things to my other character, my Fonewearl... Well I put everything on the floor, and it seems I lost my Kama, my Holy Ray (GAHHHH), and my... uhh... shield... I forgot what it was called. *checks*

Ah, Secret Gear. I am playing PSO at the moment, while waiting for PS-0. : D

Definitly, I will add you once my Game arrives. : D

My Game arrived! That is why I bumped this. : D

friend code: 0947 6538 5004

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
I say that Sega needs to stop messing around and put out an honest-to-god sequel to the original Phantasy Star quadology, actually hype it and for all three consoles so that way no one will be left out of its awesome.
Fix'd to the nth degree

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Question : If I like playing FF Crystal Chronicles DS/GCN games (with my girlfriend and friend irl, plus online), would I like this game?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Question : If I like playing FF Crystal Chronicles DS/GCN games (with my girlfriend and friend irl, plus online), would I like this game?
Well funny, this game reminded me of chrystal chronicles. But depends on what you want. I'd say the strong point for this game is the online part, and getting rares. It has a light story (better than PSO I say) but yeah.

You might. Plus you don't have to carry anything lol. Of course I have played cc on Gamecube only. : D

For all you PSO I&II fans:

http://schtserv.com/download.php

Totally free PSO private server on PC approved by sega. Contains 1 2 and blueburst edition episode 4.

:)

you're welcome

Thank you. : D I'd use that once I get a GCN adapter haha. Or maybe get a better computer.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
loooool maybe they have low self-esteem. It is weird, to see a game made by sega and never heard of it... I'm like cool it's made by sega. All I know that sega = Sonic. That is all. From commercials and... uh yeah.

finalark

SNORLAX
loooool maybe they have low self-esteem. It is weird, to see a game made by sega and never heard of it... I'm like cool it's made by sega. All I know that sega = Sonic. That is all. From commercials and... uh yeah.
You don't even know. They have so many awesome franchises that never receive any attention when they come out. Mostly because Sega never even tries to hype it.

For all you PSO I&II fans:

http://schtserv.com/download.php

Totally free PSO private server on PC approved by sega. Contains 1 2 and blueburst edition episode 4.

:)

you're welcome
How did I miss this post? So wait, it has a server and Ep. 1 + 2 + 4? For free?

Everyone who posted in this thread should download this so we can all have an epic PSO orgy.

finalark

SNORLAX
*bump*

So I just found a used copy of PSO for the Dreamcast for three bucks. Have to say, even the offline mode is addicting. I know that Mike linked a site that has serves and such on it but I'm not exactly sure on how to get everything to work.

Suggestions?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well if I ever get a GC connector maybe I'd play with you. I mean, if you get connected from a DC, you can still play me online, right? xD I'm not sure.

finalark

SNORLAX
Well if I ever get a GC connector maybe I'd play with you. I mean, if you get connected from a DC, you can still play me online, right? xD I'm not sure.
I'm pretty sure that SCHITHACK's servers go across all consoles. The only reason why I'm having trouble is because it's saying:

1. Go to the network settings in Phantasy Star Online
But the problem is that is no network settings options in PSO...

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah I see on the site it says something like this:

Broadband Users

1. Go to the network settings in Phantasy Star Online or the Planetweb 3.0 Dreamcast web browser.

2. Do not alter any fields other than the DNS IP address.

3. Enter the current Schthack server IP address (listed on the home page) or any other DNS host that has the new setting.

4. Save the new configuration and play as normal.

finalark

SNORLAX
Yeah I see on the site it says something like this:

Go to the network settings in Phantasy Star Online or the Planetweb 3.0 Dreamcast web browser.
I don't have the web browser, but it says that it should be in PSO. However, the instruction book doesn't say anything about being able to change the network settings.

I saw a copy of that web browser down at a used games store a few days ago. I might have to get that...

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Here is what you might need:

So you want to get online with Dreamcast PSO again right? Well first of here is what you have to have:
1.Your Dreamcast
2.Dreamcast Modem/ or Dreamcast Broadband Adaptor
3.A web browser
4.A real copy of Phantasy Star Online v1 or v2
5.A Dreamcast CodeBreaker. (only if you are on dialup, if you have a BBA you dont need a codebreaker)]

if that seems helpful, and would like to see more where that came from, here is the guide:

http://s7.zetaboards.com/PSO_SERVER_HOME/topic/267038/1/

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Glad I could help. : D Hopefully we'll play sometime. I just need to get a gc adapter haha. ;p

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Haha thanks xDDD Ah, that is good. : D

Top Bottom