• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phantom Hits 2 CONFIRMED December 5th (First post update)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I think my version should be the seeding for the tournament, it is the most accruate including no other people randomly come who are viable to being on the list.

Kman - lol I think the Fuzzy me thing is pretty accurate, only placing on there which is pretty much a 100% guarantee.

Clockmire

Smash Journeyman
Also making a crew combo vid so you guys better be on ur A game when im recording u!
Are you bringing recording equipment to Cambridge/ does L-J have recording equipment?

I probably won't see you until PH2 after Cambridge.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Are you bringing recording equipment to Cambridge/ does L-J have recording equipment?

I probably won't see you until PH2 after Cambridge.
Yup, def bringing recording stuff to this, probs bring a camera too cos my laptop's memory is questionable.

I'll be popping into london weekend before ph2 so if ur up for meeting then, lets do it

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
So yeah I suppose I should come really :) Been a bit out of it on account of working myself to death but now NO MORE WORK :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) until I get another job at least :(

I will see if I can take the KA in all its ****ness too cos honestly **** public transport, thats for students :)

I wanna go to CGsoc too :( can't really extend a trip to Wednesday from Saturday tho shame.

I'm not dead, again.

COEY

Smash Lord
yea move me back up above craigg please, if the fact i have never lost a set to him, put him out of shs1, and consistantly place higher at events we have both attended isnt enough for you i dont know what is. tbh if you finished in the top 8 at the last tourney that should qualify you for a top seed really.

pro - you have horrible amounts of bias in your personal rankings for the country, ima **** you at this melee game come december 5th.

VA

Smash Hero
yea move me back up above craigg please, if the fact i have never lost a set to him, put him out of shs1, and consistantly place higher at events we have both attended isnt enough for you i dont know what is. tbh if you finished in the top 8 at the last tourney that should qualify you for a top seed really.

pro - you have horrible amounts of bias in your personal rankings for the country, ima **** you at this melee game come december 5th.
Craig is frickin **** son, you don't even know. I'd wager he'd beat J03. But joe should be top seed and probably you as well. I don't really know but I think profs list looked pretty legit.

Tamoo

Smash Master
tbh if you finished in the top 8 at the last tourney that should qualify you for a top seed really.

Hmm, well that doesnt fully work because that means all top 8 spots taken and could mean ppl who couldn't make shs for whatever reason like me and va are gonna be skewing the seeds.

prof knows best,
and he wasn't overly biased to his crew either for once :) although placed himself a couple too high :lick:

VA

Smash Hero
lol I just watched my peach back again, she was Sheeeiiittee at the london ranbat vs prof. I've been working really hard on her recently. You're all in for a nice surprise (my Armada diet has been paying off).

j3ly

Smash Champion
so tell me if i have rthis correct -

8 pools
16 seeds
2 seeds per pool...

an extreamly predictable top 16? theres always a chance people like me will get unlucky with a totaly outmatched fuzzy/prof/va, but all in all shouldent it be toootaly random?

then again, it does mean (provided ben deems me good enough to be a seed, difficult as he hasnt seen me play good people and this is my 1st national) ill definatly make it into brackets, and will have a fairly good idea of how my next opponent plays.

so lets say pools of 8 ideally, this means that the top 4 go through? its kinda unfair, its like if 2 sweet a$$ players are seeding, and only the top 3 go through there is effectively only 1 place for the others to take. even if its top 4, that makes 2 spots up for grabs outta the lesser 6 =/

or lets say i end up not seeding, that means that 1 group in particular - prolly 1 o r 2 more only have ONE / ZERO places.

this is how i see it, perhaps sum1 could outline the good points of seedng or maybe i got it all wrong. IMO no1 cares if prof/fuzzy get knocked out before brackets (not that its even an opotion), wud make for a far less predictable tourney. aahhh, then on the other side u have swag players like tamoos crew (minus tamoo) getting through to brackets.. do i understand? u tell me!

Tamoo

Smash Master
Pools are there to seperate the best players out from the rest to make the bracket more manageable and to give people matches, pool results are always somewhat inevitable, although surprises are usually rife.

And I think you'll find more ppl go through pools than you think because nationals are usually more leniant with people going through pools.

And insulting my crew should be limited to members of my crew!
Eg. Hugo is ****, its alright if i say it but if u say it, imma **** u for it :mad:

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol I just watched my peach back again, she was Sheeeiiittee at the london ranbat vs prof. I've been working really hard on her recently. You're all in for a nice surprise (my Armada diet has been paying off).
I agree, I wasn't playing good either which was clear in the video but I watched the vidoes over in detail to see what I was doing wrong and right and everyone will be in for a nice juicy suprise.

This is the first tournament where I am actually going to step up, I have been just cruising in my current placement in the UK, trashtalking as usual and just performing decent, not making too much effort, but now I am aiming for first on a serious note.
So your gonna see a changed fox and fox only.

L-J

Smash Ace
WTF this list is not accurate.

Prof (lol)
Fuzzy
Robby
Edwin
Tamoo
Chrisboi
Jo3
Craigg

Coey
K-man
Bullet Bill
J3ly
L-J
Gantz (He should be higher but hasn't proved it yet)
Synpase
Warning
Jet

Jam
Frostbyte
I pretty much agree with this. Kman beat me at the last tourney we were both at and Gantz is probs better than me as well although we've never played. Not sure about J3ly as we only had like one friendly in London but tbh the ranks within each tier don't matter too much as long as they're roughly right.

I do however agree with Coey that he can't be ranked below Craigg for the same reasons he described. This isn't to say Craigg isn't really good or whatever but on previous performances you simply can't rank him above Coey, and if we're not going on previous performances at nationals what exactly are we going on?

And Dave/Tamoo please do bring recording equipment on sat/sun as my new laptop isn't compatible with my old recording stuff :(

j3ly

Smash Champion
And insulting my crew should be limited to members of my crew!
Eg. Hugo is ****, its alright if i say it but if u say it, imma **** u for it :mad:
lol, u may be better than me for the present, but youve been playing 2x as long as me, and you cudnt **** me anyway if ur life depended on it
:laugh:

stop fudging around with random characters your not any good with, then maybe you can attempt to '****' me!

j3ly

Smash Champion
i can bring an 80G external harddrive for tourney recording. plus it would mean we could have one TV recording all day, i have 80gigs free to have smash. id then separate it up, and upload via the smash UK page if fuzzy gave me the password / wanted me to send the clips via some medium.

j3ly

Smash Champion
im not talking about tourney now am i lol, lets end this trash talk here cos your a decent guy and a very good player

but i will be better

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
i can bring an 80G external harddrive for tourney recording. plus it would mean we could have one TV recording all day, i have 80gigs free to have smash. id then separate it up, and upload via the smash UK page if fuzzy gave me the password / wanted me to send the clips via some medium.
but the only things that I want uploaded are proper matches lol, or something really funny/****

j3ly

Smash Champion
well then u could request/tell me the ones u want, id cut out the character selection (except if theres commentary), split the games into sets and send u/upload for u in a unmade WMM file

then upload the rest on my account at my own leisure

Clockmire

Smash Journeyman
My practicing schedule is complete!

Expect a nice, juicy, meaty surprise at this tournament.

Cheez

Smash Apprentice
Dave, have you actually found a way to practice now? Does this mean you might not be **** and out of practice at the tourny? lol

Clockmire

Smash Journeyman
Lol indeed.

Every wednesday at soha's for like 8 hours or something since I'm free 11 onwards.
Cambridge this Sunday.
Tamao the week before the tournament.
A random weekend where I go home and practice ATs in a darkened room if I feel like it.

Maybe more soha visiting too, depending on whether he gets annoyed at the excessiveness or not.

Hurrah.

And sure Tamao, as long as you don't mind the floor of a small-ish room. Do you move much in your sleep? : D

Edit: Oh lol *smacks head*. I don't have a set-up so (with his permission, of course.....) we'll go to soha's anyway. But yea you can stay at mine still if you want.

monty06

Smash Ace
wow missed alot on here had to catch up through 27 pages.

ben: u know im coming why ask lol

as for MMs myself anyone want any just ask.

p.s ben do u know more bout my copy of smash i need it lol

Tamoo

Smash Master
Lol indeed.

Every wednesday at soha's for like 8 hours or something since I'm free 11 onwards.
Cambridge this Sunday.
Tamao the week before the tournament.
A random weekend where I go home and practice ATs in a darkened room if I feel like it.

Maybe more soha visiting too, depending on whether he gets annoyed at the excessiveness or not.

Hurrah.

And sure Tamao, as long as you don't mind the floor of a small-ish room. Do you move much in your sleep? : D

Edit: Oh lol *smacks head*. I don't have a set-up so (with his permission, of course.....) we'll go to soha's anyway. But yea you can stay at mine still if you want.
lmao! Well thats more smash than I'm gonna get
And i might sleep round on friday night but im not sure yet, atm, ill probs just come round on the sat cos i reaaaally need to go home and pick **** up

wow missed alot on here had to catch up through 27 pages.

ben: u know im coming why ask lol

as for MMs myself anyone want any just ask.

p.s ben do u know more bout my copy of smash i need it lol
I wanna mm :) Im not even gonna pick dl gainst u this time so no puff dittos :(

Cheez

Smash Apprentice
Dave, dont be such a waste, you dont have a tv anyway! You cant use a setup even if you had one!

Clockmire

Smash Journeyman
Mm, I suppose.

It's just..... TV licenses are expensiiive.

If I was living in soha's accom this would all be much easier.

monty06

Smash Ace
lmao! Well thats more smash than I'm gonna get
And i might sleep round on friday night but im not sure yet, atm, ill probs just come round on the sat cos i reaaaally need to go home and pick **** up

I wanna mm :) Im not even gonna pick dl gainst u this time so no puff dittos :(

haha i know bad times charles loaded the vid up on youtube it was worse then i thought lol.

yeah i will MM you name ya price and restrictions.

anyother offers? ben doc ditto?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom