• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phantom Hits 2 CONFIRMED December 5th (First post update)

Status
Not open for further replies.

L-J

Smash Ace
This thread is full of teh banter as one would expect. My thoughts are as follows: on the basis of recent results it's hard to judge who's better out of Ben and Tamoo, but Tamoo probably edges it; as long as I get a 'high' seeding I don't care about anything else lol; I'm really looking forward to this tourney, teams as well as singles :)

j3ly

Smash Champion
ok to the guys who want to go drinking this is important..

there will be a gate into the social side of uni campus. There is nearly always a dude in a hut, who looks at people badges and then lets them inside. bring your college badge, i do it all the time - flash badge you have hanging around your neck, and we can enter the college bar! like £1 //£1.50 pints on weekends nd prolly £1 shots

Pickled_No0b

Smash Journeyman
ok to the guys who want to go drinking this is important..

there will be a gate into the social side of uni campus. There is nearly always a dude in a hut, who looks at people badges and then lets them inside. bring your college badge, i do it all the time - flash badge you have hanging around your neck, and we can enter the college bar! like £1 //£1.50 pints on weekends nd prolly £1 shots
Fraid its not that cheap, and you have to be a student here to get in. A student can take in 1 guest, but coz only 3 smashers actually go to southampton i dont think this is our best plan.

Down the road near portswood, also very near duncans house (how convenient) are the student clubs. As long as you have proof of age it will be fine. I am also up for going out afterwards :)

Kman25

Smash Ace
ive asked loads of people 2 monthlies ago if they were up for a drink afterwards, noone was!!
I rememeber you asking that, But I had a huge suitcase on me. Alcohol and travelling back to uni with that isnt the best thing lol, Im usually up for drinks tho :)

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Its a madness, if we go out as a large group I cant move to any girls, they'd feel intimidated, So if I go galavanting you knows whats going on!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
im on dis ting. the plan is to beat everyone one i play against. then bullet bill will think twice about where he put me in the seed. then where gonna go find sum girls and go OOC BABY.
ps: aaron is coming as well. gonna get drunk baby:)
YOU DON'T CONTROL ME LOL!!!
I do what I feel is right and I want to do on the day, I will not be like you lot and get stranded in Southampton because I wanted to walk around the place and get some touchy touchy and feely feely off of girls lol.

The coach is leaving mad early.
Like 6am. I see the tournament ended like 10-12ish.
You better not even sleep if you're looking to go out afterwards.

ive asked loads of people 2 monthlies ago if they were up for a drink afterwards, noone was!!
You haven't got a big enough rep yet to initiate a conversation.

Its a madness, if we go out as a large group I cant move to any girls, they'd feel intimidated, So if I go galavanting you knows whats going on!
OOC and selfish....I LOVE IT!

Tamoo

Smash Master
Would just like to make a quick announcement about the recording setup

If you would like a match recorded and uploaded onto youtube, please can you make my life easier by doing the following things:

1) Making sure to record your set and only your set in one go, from start to finish. Just press start capture when you get to the setup, and end capture when you leave the setup. If you get to the setup and find the setup already recording, finish that capture and start a new one.
2) When you have finished the capture, making sure to name the file with the names of both players, and (winner) next to the one who won so I can work out the characters that they used. I will leave the folder open so just go in there and rename the file
3) Please only record tournament matches, and money matches, I really cba to spend my time editing and uploading friendlies tbh, and they take up space on my hard drive so please refrain from recording friendlies.
4) Putting the followinig prefixes on the videos so that I know what matches are happing:
MM: Money match
GF: Grand Finals
LF: Losers Finals
WF Winners Finals
WB: Any other match in the winners bracket
LB: Any other match in the losers bracket
Pool: pool matches obv

Sorry if this seems really extra but editing videos and uploading them take enough time without me having to sift through tonnes of ****, so this will make the whole process much easier and we can have a video thread up hopefully as soon as the monday after the tournament. Any vids without the above will either be put on very low priority or not put up at all.

Also, please ask on the day if you have any troubles with recording.

Also, Ben, I'd appreciate it if u could put this on first page, along with that confirmed list that you seem to neglect to put up lol, to make sure ppl see it.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Tamoo- again, thanks a lot :) will put it on the first page right after this post.

ATTENTION ---- PEOPLE THAT ARE COMING ON THE DAY ----

First of all, contact me if you have any problems-

tel- 07901 742 365
MSN- bentondestruction@hotmail.co.uk

The venue is in the highfield campus of the university of Southampton and it is on University Road off of Burgess Road

If you are getting greyhound coaches you should be able to get off at the university stop which would leave you in walking distance to the venue which I would say is about 15 mins (20 to be safe) then you need to walk down burgess road and then turn right onto University Road. Once you get there phone me (or Duncan) and you will be picked up.

smashysmashysmashy

Smash Rookie
I'm bringing a 64 setup.
Anyone with good controllers is welcome to bring them, a couple of mine are a bit iffy.
I want to get *****.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Hey I added you on msn but it didn't go through.:confused:
Is there some problem with your e-mail lol.

Would just like to make a quick announcement about the recording setup

If you would like a match recorded and uploaded onto youtube, please can you make my life easier by doing the following things:

1) Making sure to record your set and only your set in one go, from start to finish. Just press start capture when you get to the setup, and end capture when you leave the setup. If you get to the setup and find the setup already recording, finish that capture and start a new one.
2) When you have finished the capture, making sure to name the file with the names of both players, and (winner) next to the one who won so I can work out the characters that they used. I will leave the folder open so just go in there and rename the file
3) Please only record tournament matches, and money matches, I really cba to spend my time editing and uploading friendlies tbh, and they take up space on my hard drive so please refrain from recording friendlies.
4) Putting the followinig prefixes on the videos so that I know what matches are happing:
MM: Money match
GF: Grand Finals
LF: Losers Finals
WF Winners Finals
WB: Any other match in the winners bracket
LB: Any other match in the losers bracket
Pool: pool matches obv

Sorry if this seems really extra but editing videos and uploading them take enough time without me having to sift through tonnes of ****, so this will make the whole process much easier and we can have a video thread up hopefully as soon as the monday after the tournament. Any vids without the above will either be put on very low priority or not put up at all.

Also, please ask on the day if you have any troubles with recording.

Also, Ben, I'd appreciate it if u could put this on first page, along with that confirmed list that you seem to neglect to put up lol, to make sure ppl see it.
This is a really good layout.
I will be looking to get nearly every single one of my important tournament matches to be recorded so you will have a lot with me.
Also my MM's lol.

gantz- I havent even discussed your seeding yet lol
Gantz should defintely be high seed.
But i'm not sure what your opinion is of him since so tell me if you like him or not so I can know if he is gonna be in high seed lol.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I've written something on Bullet Bill's wall so people should look and comment on what they think about it.

By posting this I am hoping to annoy him enough for him to ban me from coming to this tournament.

If I haven't done enough so far I will continue until I acheive my target. :)

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Well seeding is rarely done well imo. Just have to see how it goes...

Tamoo

Smash Master
I've written something on Bullet Bill's wall so people should look and comment on what they think about it.

By posting this I am hoping to annoy him enough for him to ban me from coming to this tournament.

Its obvious ur just scared of our mm, so wanna be banned so u don't have to go through with them

man up prof, its only kirby :p

Clockmire

Smash Journeyman
Of course seeding isn't done well. It's assuming that nobody's skill has fluctuated in relation to everyone else.

I.e. you aren't seeded but people think you're fairly solid now.

I used to be considered better than Tamao. Then I wallowed in the summer. I have no seed, and Tamao is being debated for top.

It's cool though because I'm **** again.

Edit: Tamao is **** lololol.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Well seeding is rarely done well imo. Just have to see how it goes...
That's cos noobs are usually in operation which is clearly the situation here.

Its obvious ur just scared of our mm, so wanna be banned so u don't have to go through with them

man up prof, its only kirby :p
loool *** you.

Our MM's will be ****, and it won't be me getting it.
Just make sure you upload all of them.

Seriously though do you ACTUALLY feel confident in these MM's lol???

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Hey I added you on msn but it didn't go through.:confused:
Is there some problem with your e-mail lol.
his msn is auto set to block people of your kind

looool gl

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Clockmire how confident are you feeling now in your £25 now that Frostbyte is coming lol?

I think Edwin is coming and Jam isn't so he will have to be getting 5th place.

You confident on your bet lol?

Clockmire

Smash Journeyman
Clockmire how confident are you feeling now in your £25 now that Frostbyte is coming lol?

I think Edwin is coming and Jam isn't so he will have to be getting 5th place.

You confident on your bet lol?
TBH I personally thought coey and craigg would beat him (completely cinching the bet).
However, I'm still feeling good.

You, Fuzzy and VA are guaranteed losses. I can hardly remember how Frostbyte plays but i'm pretty sure that will be **** as well. That means he has to lose to nobody else.

And, he isn't really 'above' a bunch of other people. Bullet Bill should give him a run for his money/beat him outright, same with Chrisboi (let's hope he doesn't get baited). I personally think I have a good chance of beating him as well.

Oh, and potential Gantz pwnage (but yea haven't seen Gantaz play at all really).

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
TBH I personally thought coey and craigg would beat him (completely cinching the bet).
However, I'm still feeling good.

You, Fuzzy and VA are guaranteed losses. I can hardly remember how Frostbyte plays but i'm pretty sure that will be **** as well. That means he has to lose to nobody else.

And, he isn't really 'above' a bunch of other people. Bullet Bill should give him a run for his money/beat him outright, same with Chrisboi (let's hope he doesn't get baited). I personally think I have a good chance of beating him as well.

Oh, and potential Gantz pwnage (but yea haven't seen Gantaz play at all really).
Don't forget if Edwin comes that is also a guaranteed loss
But in compensation the MM gets reduced to 5th.

Gantz is also a gauranteed loss :)

He can POTENTIALLY lose to Jo3, Chrisboi and BBill.

Edit - From the looks of it now actually I think he has defintely lost the bet already lol.
I'm gonna do the top 5 in NO order as he HAS TO get atleast top 5 lol.

1. Professor Pro
2. Vanity Angel
3. Fuzzyness
4. Frostbyte
5. Edwin

I can't seem him placing above any of these 5 as the skill level between these 5 and Tamoo are clearly visible imo lol.....your money is VERY secure lol.
Look forward to the £25 now :).

Clockmire

Smash Journeyman
Good point. It was only if Edwin came that he would have to get 5th.

Otherwise, he has to get 4th or better.

Lol.

Edit: and if he came 6th he would have to play one of the top 5 again to show he was 5th, which he would lose.

Lol.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
loool Yep....so you must be feeling confident now lol.

I wonder how Tamoo is gonna feel when he reads it, he's gonna come across confident....but what he REALLY feels will be different lol.

It's lucky the bet did not include Frostbyte lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom