• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phantom Hits Tournament Southampton : 10th-11th April Inertia's not Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I might not be here lol.
As usual I can never guarantee my arrival at an event until it get closer so I dunno if I can make it yet. I will be there for the banter though for all you banter fans.

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
But you have to come so we can sneak your sexy self into Jesters lol All our massive banter based plans will be left in ruins if you don't attend!

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
Holy **** you actually got this tourney going!

Well ima definately come since i live here! even if i dont play much smash anymore i will 100% support it.

I can also house people (preferably those from london whom i know) - my flat is enough to fit one person on a couch, and several people on a hard (lightly carpeted) floor (if you can bear that)
Also, my house has heating on the max, so its warm!

edit: ahh 10th april i will be in singapore visiting my family i think. Sorry about that. If the date gets changed again for some unknown reason, let me know and ill be able to participate.
redit: hold that thought. maybe i will be able to make this after all, and i will try and organise my trip to singapore to be before this so i arrive the day before!

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
Literally the last person I thought would post here :confused:

Tournament has been reconfirmed, final apologys for all that stuff. I'll get rulesets up this weekend when I've got some time at home inbetween doing some lame job training.

Aiko

Smash Champion
edit: I'm booked now:

Friday 10/4/09
Manchester Picadilly - Southampton Central
19:07 - 23:52

Sunday 12/4/09 Return
Southampton Central - Manchester Picadilly
13:15 - 18:18

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah sorry Vince I've just realised I completely forgot to write the other part of my post.

Yeah it would be cool if you could come and more housing and setups is always appreciated.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I dunno if I can make this you know because people usually book for me and I have no idea how to book by myself LOL. Unless someone gives me an idea of what I have to do and where I have to go and how much I have to pay and stuff. Fuzzy usually does it for me loool.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I dunno if I can make this you know because people usually book for me and I have no idea how to book by myself LOL. Unless someone gives me an idea of what I have to do and where I have to go and how much I have to pay and stuff. Fuzzy usually does it for me loool.
:laugh: what a n00b you are

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Seriously though I dont mind going but I dont wanna book now cos I can never really GUARANTEE my arrival BUT on the other hand i'm thinking I might because it will be less now......

Kone

Smash Master
Think you guys need to really push this tournament on msn to everyone or what not. Few hiccups may prevent a good turnout. Straighten it out =D

Im 50-50 for this. See how iam after germany :)

Tamoo

Smash Master
ok so whoever wants to go confirm here (Londoners)

It might be as cheap as £5-7 this time
Hey, can u put me down for a ticket, cheers fuzzy :)

I will definitely be attending this, as it fits nicely within the Easter holiday iirc,
Also, im pretty sure Clockmire, frugs, and JPM will be attending this aswell, but Ill let clockmire and frugs confirm their attendance. Ill speak on behalf of JPM if he decides not to create an account.

Also, Ive told the leader of HSAM bout this too to drum up some extra interest and new talent.

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
Ummm, Pete, why do all the links to maps on the OP go to the same very zoomed out map of the UK? Also, they're ALL searching for highfield campus...

rustediron

Smash Lord
Hey, can u put me down for a ticket, cheers fuzzy :)

I will definitely be attending this, as it fits nicely within the Easter holiday iirc,
Also, im pretty sure Clockmire, frugs, and JPM will be attending this aswell, but Ill let clockmire and frugs confirm their attendance. Ill speak on behalf of JPM if he decides not to create an account.

Also, Ive told the leader of HSAM bout this too to drum up some extra interest and new talent.
lol, 'leader'... xD
Anyway, yeah, I'd be interested, book me a ticket please, fuzz :D

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I looked just before I left home Duncan and was like wtf is going on. I got all the maps up but the address ****ed itself somehow.....

I'll add more stuff when I'm back home and less tired.

Pickled_No0b

Smash Journeyman
hmm my mum is not happy about me going away for easter! pete are we going to allocate people houses online before the tourney? And also can you give me a lift down? :)

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
Since the tournament starts on the 11th, that means if i get back on the evening of the 10th to england, that will be good enough for me housing people?

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
hmm my mum is not happy about me going away for easter! pete are we going to allocate people houses online before the tourney? And also can you give me a lift down? :)
no need to do that people can just go wherever or where they want. So long as theres enough room for everyone which I'm pretty sure there will be.

Vince- We've already got me Callum Duncan and Pete housing so theres no real pressure or expectation for you.

Pickled_No0b

Smash Journeyman
You can sleep in my bed ;)

Yeah Calum my mum is being pretty gay about this. From the looks of it I won't be able to drive down, which is going to be a pain in the arse.

I'll put up stuff tomorrow I'm just in a random internet cafe atm.
ahh that sucks..

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, haven't actually spoken to my parents about coming back on easter... God it's just such a treck. Hopefully they'll be alright about it, but you never know.

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
Can't believe I haven't seen this thread until now :/

Dates sound fine. Will confirm closer to the time (following in Pro's footsteps)
Probly won't need housing.
Also, Jesters is an absolute s**thole... I highly recommend it.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
im gonna book for londoners when the tickets are up on megabus so be patient, So i'm going to have 10 spots most likely and its gonna be first come first served? I'll name the price when it comes up but shouldnt be more than £5-8 each ticket hopefully

Pickled_No0b

Smash Journeyman
Can't believe I haven't seen this thread until now :/

Dates sound fine. Will confirm closer to the time (following in Pro's footsteps)
Probly won't need housing.
Also, Jesters is an absolute s**thole... I highly recommend it.
yeah so we going to go out on the saturday night as it finishes at 10pm?

Kone

Smash Master
I think as hosts your going to have to decide how going out on the saturday night will work. Alot of smashers wont want to or arent old enough. As a result you got to make sure you get them to housing before heading out or what not. Not sure how you guys are but you may not want to leave people in your houses on their own :/

Dacacia - Alot of people coming to your tournament are travelling as far as you are if not further eg ive got a extra two hours on top and the scots alot more ;)

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I've realised this already. We will be going out on Saturday. The plan which will hopefully work is to have you guys start clearing up and leave at around 9ish, everything can be taken back to my house as it is closer. I'm happy to have younger people stay and play in my house while I'm out but it depends on numbers. People who want to go out can then go out for however long they fancy.

More importantly the first post has been updated. It now contains a ruleset and the maps have also been fixed and should now show useful locations. Stages have not been decided yet. I'm asking you guys what you would like.

1. A more professional ruleset with fewer stages but stages that don't lean so heavily towards one character type.
2. A more fun style ruleset with more stages and counterpicks which favour certain characters.

So basically the stages up in the air at the moment are:

Mute City, Brinstar, Rainbow Ride, Pokefloats, DonkeyKong64, Corneria.

One last request in this post. If anyone can bring any TVs I will pay you £3 per TV you bring up to the limit we'll need. I will also run this for setups as well, a setups will get you £1 (by a setup I mean a Wii or cube with melee). This will be done on a first come first served basis and the cap will be 10 TVs and 10 setups, if there are going to be an overwhelming number of people I may ask for more but this seems unlikely.

Kone

Smash Master
Inertia - Theres no need to pay for people bringing setups, not to a small scale uk tourney. The UK community expects to have to bring setups. Always has and always pulls through. Just ask people to bring them and they will :).

TVs its a good idea but i think you'll find there pretty much no one excpet myself and RnF that drive and are able to bring tvs. Unless people bring them on trains and buses which has never happened before U_U.

I dont really understand your two points regarding stage choice. Its highly opinionated and theres no reason as to why the second option is factually the 'more' fun. To be honest id love to have a poke stadium only tournament as its the only stage i like and enjoy more than any of the others lol. See my point?

I think you need to come up with a basic ruleset. Read other tourney threads and talk to your crew then if theres stages your not sure to have on/off then debate it here.

Personally, I think mute, brinstar, ride, dk64 should be on. Floats and corneria are too fox like for me lol

I will try my best to make this. If I do, because of the close proximity of venue to housing, bringing 2-3 tvs shouldnt be an issue. I always bring a setup with me and if needed can bring 2-5 lol

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom