• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PhantomX and Bassem Matchup Showcase Thread $Bassem vs dojo up$ + *PX Doubles Vids*

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Since I'm a man of my word, and since there's now another Wario of similar aggressive playstyle placing high, this thread will now feature both matches of Bassem and myself, and should help display how we each approach given matchups.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Aggressive isn't the best style to use. Combination is best to use.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Nope. The best style is combination. Pure aggro has flaws, pure camping has flaws, why not combine the two strengths and minimize the weaknesses. Of course, people aren't gonna do this, but it's the way to go with Wario.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Ya, but the statement's kinda no brainer lol

And Bassem isn't our trophy child. Our trophy child would be Tyrannosaurus, but he doesn't go to tourneys ever.

Gichan

Smash Champion
^

This guy's name is beast, looool.

And nice to add Bassem in this thread, i like his style as well, aggro is sooo satisfying to win with.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
If you guys got videos we could do it, Masky, lol.

Also, don't know what other vids of me get recorded this weekend, but my set against Broken Arrow with Zac is up and on the front page :)

I think as far as singles goes I just have another set against Espy recorded, lol. We went to some new stages for a change, though.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
DMG also played me with Wario too.
Phantom, you're too good. Makes me sad that I can't beat you.

<3namesearching.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'll main King Dedede. :p

Nah. Your days are numbered, and they're dropping, fast.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Would be great if you DID main D3. That way I'd get to play one every tournament and I'd remember the spacing/know his tricks, rather than being surprised and ***** by it when I play Fogo once every three months, lol.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
The doubles were good. But there's something about sonic that just makes brawl so unenjoyable for me.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
got vids form the last tourney i was at (yesterday)

I'm sad me vs anther wasn't recorded because it was easily the closest and best game Ive ever played.

Vs Judge MK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MWe7ka0Zmw&feature=sub vs judge ****ing close
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK6OjmQH8KY&feature=sub vs judge another ****ing close 1

Vs Ankoku marth/shiek
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=659v54XU0fk&feature=sub vs ankoku got greedy and lost this 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyKYu_BcLdo i got revenge
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzpSBLGR2x4&feature=sub he switched to marth

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
K guys, here are some Phase 6 doubles videos from me. I know Bassem has some singles and a bit of doubles as well (including a very close DITTO [ugh] set between his team and mine)!

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
PX has a lot of videos he needs to post.

Just throwing that out there.

Excellence

Smash Champion
Does DMG post any of his videos? I am not attacking anyone, I'll say that because I know someone will give me hell about it but whatever, but has DMG or Bassem won any large scale tournaments or even placed in the top six in those tournaments? I want to know the best decisions to make in certain situations not good decisions.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Umm. How big do you consider a "large scale tournament" to be?

I have gotten 1st at one with 50ish entrants, and 4th at No koast 2 which had 104 entrants. Most recently I got 3rd at no koast 3 which had 40 something entrants (ally attended this too).

I really have only NOT gotten top 6 at 3 tournaments out of all the ones Ive attended(10+). One being oh snap 4 which was my first tourny, and then hobo 21 and phase 2.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Does DMG post any of his videos? I am not attacking anyone, I'll say that because I know someone will give me hell about it but whatever, but has DMG or Bassem won any large scale tournaments or even placed in the top six in those tournaments? I want to know the best decisions to make in certain situations not good decisions.
I usually don't post videos. There are a ton up on Youtube of me for Singles and Doubles. A lot of them nowadays ARE me using MK though.

As for tournaments won, yeah I've won 3-4 fair or large sized tournaments, but I'll split usually due to time issues and give the other person 1st place. Most of my placements are top 5ish.

Top Bottom