• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phase 6 - Feb 20 - Dallas TX - Brawl 1st = Dojo & Razer / Melee 1st = Darkrain

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
Yo Domo, I know you'll eventually read this thread. PM me(d4ba), if u can, about how I landed that b.air on you that set up a n.air or whatever afterwards. I'm trying to repeat it, but can't recall how landing the b.air came to be. thx in advance.

As for shoutouts, thanks bassem for off the wall teaming wit me. I had a blast, our matches are so chaotic. I really like the catastrophic playstyles clashing.
Singles- razer, **** me harder plz. I've gota train wit ice better and give you a harder time next time we meet. Bear, i'll learn that mk ditto or wario vs mk matchup better. ggs to every1 else. had a great time.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Same top 3 in Brawl again??? We need some more OOS to mix things up. Can no one beat these dudes? I wanna see something different.

WHOBO will probably see a lot of upsets.

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
Same top 3 in Brawl again??? We need some more OOS to mix things up. Can no one beat these dudes? I wanna see something different.
Beating them is somewhere between extremely difficult and impossible.
Different=watch west coast tournaments.

-RedShadow

Smash Ace
Just posting some of my thoughts on the tourney:

-I wish I got in more friendlies w/ people (still haven't played Dojo's MK since WHOBO1, I need to see how I compare before #2).
-Clay, Edgar and Darkrain continue to **** me. I really need to learn the Falcon matchup.
-DMG & DPhat.....no comment.
-Josh was running the gauntlet here...with Lucas. Good **** homie.
-Mitchell was apparently ****** fools; too bad I couldn't see most of his sets.
-I'm super motivated to learn doubles now. I'm moving to Arlington next fall for school, so hopefully I'll be able to play some Dallas people regularly.

That's about it I guess. Shoutouts tomorrow?

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
good tourney, kinda regret not doin singles heh
but nice to meet u austin ppl (Kal, Edgar, Mitch) and should make next meeting

bassem6

Smash Lord
Shoutouts:

D4ba: HAd a great time teaming with you, we came up with some awesome strategies. I still cant believe we beat gnes and razer xD

FK1: Awesome job getting 5th dawg!

Dphat and dmg: o_O ....O_o lulz

Dphat: Great games as always! I think that puts our rivalry score at 4-1? Heh

Dmg: Fun melee games even though you owned me haha

aerolink: Nice link ggs!

Chuck nasty: Man you scare me every time I play you now. Super close games =O

Sethlon: Close games. Nice mk! I got revenge from the last phase I attended haha

Dojo: We never played *****! Although you were right about stinking up the bathroom haha!

Razer: Kinda sad we didnt 1v1 this tourny :(

katy: Thanks for the cookie and cheering for me against jumpman!

Jumpman: Nice wolf dawg! Its not as impossible for me to beat you offline. (Thank god hah)

Monica: Nice to officially meet you!

Phantom: Where you at man? You gotta finish off strong if youre gonna retire soon! No more of this ganon nonsense xD

Shuz: Thanks for giving me and jon a ride dawg! Hoping to hang with you next time in the frisco area. I forgot to text you my number but I'll do that tomorrow

Gnes: Why does your diddy **** so hard =O? At least I managed to take 1 game off you! Next time it will hopefully be the set hehe

zac: Nice job running the tourny!

Gnes

Smash Master
Thanks jem...

i had fun at the tourney...but i was way too tired after winners...and chasing dmgs *** on RC did not help either. I will never do one day trips again. Thanks to everyone who i played friendlies with, especially royal aimer and kos-mos, funnest time i've had in awhile.

Highlights of the tourney-
Me and razer lose to timeouts and farts
I beat my camp nemesis jumpman
Hylian warps out of my jab, then i 3 stock him
Phoenix alpha ***** and deserves Pr spot. *becomes fanboy*
Holms took razer to game 3
I 2 stock dojo low percent
Razer beats dojo and completes the triangle
Dojo 3 stocks me on the same stage i 2 stocked him
Dphat/dmg do the unspeakable.
I get home at 4:30am

So what i've learned is, tornado>all...diddy>icies(come to me nl)...when dojo is angry his B button gets rapid fire...

Come to hobo dallas ^_^. Cant wait to see everyone. Me and timmy are going back into the chamber, next time we team, vengence.

Tourneys should really payout to top 5.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
shout outs!
- *no more space cadet before singles or doubles (bad idea) anyone who played me in friendlies in this mode was playing my alter ego - Fross xD sorry im not lain or lee / and nothing happened at the end of the tournament
kate - sorry we did bad in doubles, i promise next time will be better. ill strive my characters to be way much better.

d4ba - good stuff in doubles you went from no one to 2nd xD we need to chat about music sometime, and i probably want to learn to play online poker

fogo - awesome guy :)

dphat - its awesome that we got to start off fresh again

dmg - never again... awesome pasta omelette i wanted to ask you to make me one but im afraid of you.

takeurlife - giveurdeath, your marth is still beastly.

dojo - fun friendlies before tourney good job at placing 1st...

utd zack - i love pizza and you should upload my vids. :) thanks for hosting the tourney. you know your g&w can get first but you havent unlocked the true potential! well your just rustyy.

phoenix alpha - josh i love you, good job placing 7th lucas is going places

denti - you **** that melee1 xD

zeton - you ***** my sheik while i was in space cadet mode congrats xD

ruddy - your fox will get better again

nynja - beast among beast, fross will get you next time, well cross will be playing this time in friendlies or tournament and scarf buddies for life!

gnes - fun fun friendlies

razer - always cool kid!

mxt - matthew you had a chance to play my alter ego but noooooooo.....

light - sorry you played me while i was s.c mode it was dumb i know but your sheik is still awesome, im not going to judge your sheik and say im better but its all in all fun.

jr5 - sheik sheik stay it.

well if i forgot anyone i is extremely sorry . maybe ill remember you when im sleeping but finishes sleeping 100% because when you dream you only remember the dreams because your REM cycle is interrupted therefore you remember the dream. (the more you know)

Epic Kovumon

Smash Journeyman
Sorry I was unable to attend this Phase.

I was at Furry Fiesta, which happened to have a tournament of their own.

FFA with random stages ftl.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I'm glad everyone had a good time (until the last... 20 minutes of it. >.>).

Was the venue ok? There's a possibilty of more space at that place if we give him more notice. If it was a good place then I might keep it for a while cause if we get this kind of turnout then the club house isn't big enough.

Anyway, glad everyone had a good time. :D

Bassem - Yessir!! It was great to OFFICIALLY meet you. Haha. Thanks for your help with finding open TV's.
FK - Thanks for your help finding open TV's!!!!!!
Khaoz - Thanks for yelling and doing bracket.
Slaps - Thanks for your help.

To everyone - thanks for coming and making it a good event. I appreciate everyone showing up (Melee and Brawl).

I pulled my back carrying TV's. :(

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
I had a great time. Thank you comics and friends and hosts.

Tai - Friendlies are always fun and as always youre improving. Nice seeing you.

David - Getting moneys as always. I wish I could play your *** more. I'm in need of gaining improvements by taking a beating.

Mitchell - Holy sheet. You are foocking amazing at this game. Can't wait to play you again. Grats on 2nd.

Ian - Good stuff, man. I hope to see/play you in the future.

Kal - Intense matches. Get another pfugavill tournament going again! Until next time.

Herbivores with a full turnout, first time in ages. Too bad Boom was at work or else he would have worked some fools.
7: Rage
7: Olaf

9: LeapingHare
9: RunningBrave

13: Reckon

Indeed, if Boomer's Falco was present (obviously in a top spot) the Herbivore turnout would have been mas granduaciones.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
how much room would there be given enough time?

given the attendance of this phase, id say its probably too small already for the clubhouse.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Well, like he could have moved that whole right side against the wall and maybe not use the tables on the left but just put TV's on the counters.

Yeah I agree it has outgrown the clubhouse.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Hey good stuff BRLNK88, you played a good Toon Link and you're cool to talk to. I used to main him but I'll only use him in certain matchups now as a secondary b/c it's tough to play a lot of the top tier characters with him. Our Snake vs Marth matchups were close bro. If you play online man let me know, ggz.
yup, all 3 of those matches were super close. You were wise in counter-picking Smashville since I hate platforms when using Snake, or most characters for that matter, haha. Once you got me above you, there wasn't much I could do, Snake's aerial game sucks.
but thanks for the shoutout anyways! If you play any B+, I'd love to face you in that, I really don't practice Brawl ever. The main reasons I came were to see Darkrain in action, and the experience of participating in a major tournament.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
^ Same here, except I entered melee singles instead of brawl singles o.O

check out brawlplus.com/irc for people who play brawl+

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
SHOUTOUTS:

PX--Don't be lame and quit singles, bro! Hope your test goes well tomorrow--I pretty much ***** mine. :D Looking forward to our MM, buddy. And thanks for the car face pic, ahaha.

Hylian--I'm confident that you'll learn the Snake MU in the future. You've done so much for the ICs metagame--I bet you find something to beat him. Oh yeah, and you better sing the Pokemon theme song with me at Mizuumi-Con. We got it on lock son.

JoWii--Thanks for driving. I enjoyed getting to know you better, man. And I appreciate the Disney songs for me to sing to in the car. :D

Pantyraider--Or Stork, whatever you wanna be called. :p It was cool to hang out with you and get to know you better--lemme know whenever you need a ride.

DPhat--Thanks for housing us. You were a great host, and your cat is awesome, especially when she copies people meowing at her. I enjoyed getting to play your MK, and I appreciate your compliments of my PT.

DMG--We didn't get to do our MM! Next time.

Tyson--Cool to meet up with you man! I probably chilled with you the most at this tournament. Your Ness and Lucas are MAD legit. When we team for low tier, we're gonna bust out some sweet-lookin' moves. And...WHO DAT!!!

Brett--Our Reeses Puffs match was too intense, dude--all the way to our last life in the third and final game! Our MM was really fun, too. Your Ike is most definitely legit. I didn't see you play in tournament, but I remember you telling me you play better in MMs. Channel that clutchness, man. Looking forward to more matches with you in the future, and I'm also looking forward to seeing what you think about Gate!

PhoenixAlpha--Holy crap dude, you came to play this tournament! We didn't get to play, but next time we mos def should. And we should make sweet Poffin together. Oh yeah, and I officially say "THANKSGIVING" now whenever I use Bowser's dtilt. :p

Dojo--Dang man, I was so nervous when I got to play you. I knew you were crazy good, and you definitely didn't disappoint. I hope we can get some more games in before you retire.

Razer--Timmy, you ***** my poor Charizard! :( You play soooo smart. Glad I finally got to play your Snake.

Gnes--Dang, exposing me with Ness. Next time I'mma infinite you with Squirtle. :p In the meantime, I will hype myself up to get at that Diddy. And you're officially scared for dropping Bowser.

Type_ex--Legit Falco man. Thanks for the games!

Chuck Nasty--I'm glad we got to play each other! It was also really cool to talk with you about various PT stuff. Definitely looking forward to dittos in the future, and I learned a little something with Bowser against MK--we'll see. :p Know that you're always welcome to the PT boards.

Zeton--Nice Falcon! Tell Steeler he better come next Phase, and next time I'm gonna take on that Fox of yours. And I dig the Eevee plushie. ;P

Fogo--Thanks for the matches. I feel a lot more confident in the Dedede MU now. Looking forward to more in the future.

Light--Dang, your Shiek is legit. I'm glad I remembered about using Rock Smash against your ftilt lock, 'cuz I would've been ***** hard without it, haha. I definitely learned a lot playing against you.

Chic--Solid, solid Luigi, Chic. It's funny; Tyson and I were watching you play before we fought, and we were talking about how we both never really fight Luigi, and he has a crazy up B. At the time, you were supposed to go up against Tyson, but he said the bracket was being changed, so you two likely wouldn't be up against each other. Then I got to play you, haha! I appreciate your compliments on both my PT and Bowser.

The Real Inferno--Thanks for the compliments on my Bowser! I was really surprised to hear you say "I wanna play the Bowser main!" I bet that's a saying you don't hear every day, haha. Your ROB's solid--I don't get to play good ones at all over here. Don't forget to tell Steeler what I told you, and remember: BOWSER MAKES COMBOS EXIST IN BRAWL!!

Ora--You're a really cool guy. I hope you go to more tournaments in the future so we can hang out.

Denti--Dang, your Olimar confuzzled me. XD We'll definitely play more at future tournaments.

Mr. 9--Fun matches. Welcome to the Texas scene--next time I hope to see you at a tournament!

D3 main from OK in orange shirt--Sorry man, I never did catch your name. XD I had warmed up with PT the round before, so when you stepped up, I wanted to play Bowser, and then I just laughed/died inside when I saw you pick Dedede. I spammed that Fire Breath like a mofo so you wouldn't grab infinite me, haha.

TL main from OK--Like the previous guy, I never did catch your name. Your projectiles were hard to keep up with, haha. Use less dair onstage, and you'll improve in strides.

KOS-MOS--Dang, I gotta practice that hard counter. If you come to a tournament again, I'd love a shot at that Peach.

Katie--Glad we finally got to play in singles! Looking forward to seeing that Lucario get to Lee status. And I'm glad you like my avatar, haha.

Zac and Monica--Thanks for hosting. I had been wanting to come to a Phase ever since the first one, and I'm glad I came. I'll definitely travel with the Austin crew again to future Phases. The free pizza was a great idea, and one that future tournaments should definitely consider. Thanks for going to pick it up for everyone!

I think that's everyone. If I forgot you somehow, lemme know!

And DMG and DPhat...I was scarred for life. I just wanted you two to know that.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
I'm glad everyone had a good time (until the last... 20 minutes of it. >.>).

Was the venue ok? There's a possibilty of more space at that place if we give him more notice. If it was a good place then I might keep it for a while cause if we get this kind of turnout then the club house isn't big enough.

Slaps - Thanks for your help.
Me and Denti were talking about the venues, and idk if it was just lack of time to set up or what, but i honestly thought the UTD venue would have been better. Just because the rooms are more round with free space so you don't have to push people out of the way to get where you wanna go. Maybe better organization of TVs and what not would have helped, maybe a computer at the entrance for bracket/registration so you can yell outside if people be chillin out there. You could also set up small table next to whatever TV you decide is the live stream so it is more convenient for whoever to talk/chat with live stream people. Toward the end of Phase the live stream laptop was moved to a much better location though.

No problem, I actually didn't mind helping out that much, especially when I had nothing better to do since it was early and no friendlies were allowed, I will definitely be down for helping out organization/brackets/calling out matches and checking TVs. I thought you were doing too much work Monica, i thought me and TJ could have taken over and gotten things done, but at least you got to chat with your friends at the end =]

Dojo

Smash Champion

Zori

Smash Champion
dojo you need to consult me first :p

i got to watch out for my barbarians :K

shoutouts!!!!

Gnes and razer = car ride was not that fun lol but i had a good time bonding with you guys i learned a lot about you two ^^ too many good moments

gnes- too muuch to say lol,keep rapeing and lets keep traveling

razer-your weird but my barbarian none the less :D

zeton- **** fox, one of the hardest people i ever faced, keep getting better, your legit

domo- nice seeing you again

px- love you

ninja- love you

kates567- baptis.......... nurtria barbarian queen

dphat-daaaaaang what happend on battlfield? hard reads :p jk haha i had fun playing you

dmg- oh god lol

monica- thanks for hosting

yeah sorry if i forgot you :D

Gnes

Smash Master
Of course its not fun driving back to houston at midnight lol. Dont worry it wont happen again...that was a bad idea...before my third match in winners i was asleep in ice's car...

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Me and Denti were talking about the venues, and idk if it was just lack of time to set up or what, but i honestly thought the UTD venue would have been better. Just because the rooms are more round with free space so you don't have to push people out of the way to get where you wanna go. Maybe better organization of TVs and what not would have helped, maybe a computer at the entrance for bracket/registration so you can yell outside if people be chillin out there. You could also set up small table next to whatever TV you decide is the live stream so it is more convenient for whoever to talk/chat with live stream people. Toward the end of Phase the live stream laptop was moved to a much better location though.

No problem, I actually didn't mind helping out that much, especially when I had nothing better to do since it was early and no friendlies were allowed, I will definitely be down for helping out organization/brackets/calling out matches and checking TVs. I thought you were doing too much work Monica, i thought me and TJ could have taken over and gotten things done, but at least you got to chat with your friends at the end =]
The problem with the clubhouse is there isn't enough room in that little room off to the side for Melee. It's WAY too small and it's not fair for me to host Melee too and then stick them in that little room where they can't even really watch their main matches.

I'm still working it out. :p But for the moment I like that place better than the clubhouse.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
I like the comic shop WAY more than the club house. As long as that one wall of comics is moved for future tourneys, Comic Craze def be the venue for future Phases.

Monica, Zac, Billy and whoever else helps put together Phases: I love you guys. Thanks for all the hard work.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I like both games. :p I just don't play either. Haha. Well, except for the lulz. And it is FULL of them! XD

Who want's to play House of the Dead?!?!?!?! Weeeeeee!!!!

I just remember the last Phase when we added Melee and I went into that little room and there were like, 15 people crammed in there with two TV's. I didn't like it and didn't think it was fair and told Darkrain that I would work on getting them more space. Hopefully I came through with that a little bit. :)

EDIT: AND WE HAVE A LIVESTREAM!!!! YAAAAAAAY!!!! Haha.

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
I like the comic shop WAY more than the club house. As long as that one wall of comics is moved for future tourneys, Comic Craze def be the venue for future Phases.

Monica, Zac, Billy and whoever else helps put together Phases: I love you guys. Thanks for all the hard work.
This X's a million. Yall really do go above and beyond to make it a great experience, Thank you sooooooooooo much.:)

Tirno

Smash Journeyman
Shoutout time?

RedShadow - We seem fated to play first round, even OOC. Sucks, but what can you do?

Bluezaft - You have too much Darkrain experience. My Falcon never stood a chance, haha. Hopefully next time I can give you more of a challenge.

Herbivores - I played two of you guys in tournament; good games guys. However, I didn't get to play RunningBrave and try to return the favor of knocking me out of FS7, haha.

Mitchell - I knew I shouldn't have given you a ride. In addition to your threats of stealing my car, you also knock me out of the tournament. Congrats on second, you jerk.

Kal - Learn to edgehog, you nub. Hint: it involves pressing L or R.

Rage - Nice talking to you. Fun friendlies too. Lawlz at you thinking playing my Falcon would somehow prepare you for Darkrain.

DoH - I should have taken notes from you on playing Falco in teams. For that matter, I probably should have taken notes on how to actually kill in teams.

Darkrain - Man, what a beast. You make me ashamed to try and call myself a Falcon main. Thanks again for the ice cream and housing.

JF - I like how our team got the same placing in singles. I also like how we upset Kal and Mitchell. Good stuff man.

UTD Zac/Ladybug - Thanks for hosting this tournament, it was definitely fun. I'll definitely try and come to the next.

Top Bottom