• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phase X-2 - July 2 - FX Game Exchange - MK Banned Tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Kirby Kid, I would really like to include Pit and Olimar but I have no idea how. They don't fit any series tbh. The idea of theme teams was to take away the super powerful team comps, force people to play characters they don't normally play in tournament, and add some variety/fun to smash.

From the start I didn't want G&W in here at all. I for one think he's the best teams character and I didn't want to steamroll doubles like I always do. It's not really fun for others to play against my G&W (so I've heard anyway). The composition of G&W + Pit is incredibly strong, better than any team comp you could make so far. Pit's uncharged arrows fill the bucket such that it kills at 20%-30%.

tl;dr, I'm not putting Pit with G&W. If you want Pit or Olimar to be included, then figure out there place in a series so I can add them.

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
Kirby Kid, I would really like to include Pit and Olimar but I have no idea how. They don't fit any series tbh. The idea of theme teams was to take away the super powerful team comps, force people to play characters they don't normally play in tournament, and add some variety/fun to smash.

From the start I didn't want G&W in here at all. I for one think he's the best teams character and I didn't want to steamroll doubles like I always do. It's not really fun for others to play against my G&W (so I've heard anyway). The composition of G&W + Pit is incredibly strong, better than any team comp you could make so far. Pit's uncharged arrows fill the bucket such that it kills at 20%-30%.

tl;dr, I'm not putting Pit with G&W. If you want Pit or Olimar to be included, then figure out there place in a series so I can add them.
Sounds like a challenge. You and your G&W versus us. Steam roll this!

Also sounds like the last group is Pit + Olimar.

If I can't get serious team action then I'll probably pass. (This is where you step up and accept my challenge for some friendlies at least!)

I hope your plan works. For 10$ I have to more seriously consider if I want to really waste my time practicing new characters and combinations when I don't have any spare time to begin with. And cause I'm no good with singles, I have more to consider. Remember the days of 1$ teams. Hardly anyone passes up the opportunity when only a dollar was on the line.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
That actually seems reasonable.

Updated with:

Old School Series: G&W, ROB
Old School Series 2: Pit, Ice Climbers
Manly Series: Snake, Captain Falcon, Solimar (no pikmin)
Olympic Series: Mario & Sonic

Tesh

Smash Hero
rofl solimar, are you really going to enforce that? If so then I have an idea for you. Allow MK WITHOUT the B button (you must use controls without "special" mapped to any buttons or sticks)

then you can lump him in with earthbound because they suck and he still wont

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
rofl solimar, are you really going to enforce that? If so then I have an idea for you. Allow MK WITHOUT the B button (you must use controls without "special" mapped to any buttons or sticks)

then you can lump him in with earthbound because they suck and he still wont
Metaknight will still be Metaknight even with no tornado or special attacks.

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm only interested in teams. So If I brought a set up for some Project M would anyone want to play it with me. I know there's one guy who wanted some Melee action. This is close right?

Denti

Smash Master
Zac, I thought of a team that includes Olimar. I only thought about it because I'd find it unfair to not include all characters (besides MK).

:olimar: & :pt: Team: Element users.

chic

Smash Ace
Sounds fun! Bro and I will be attending.

These tournaments are fun, but my only complain is that last few Phases I’ve attended I’ve had to wait about an hour or even longer between matches. Not everyone wants to stay there until the store closes. If you could please be considerate and play matches in timely matter so that others don't have to wait for you that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all

Allied

Smash Master
Hey i'm coming to this :D Looking forward to seeing new faces and meeting the community

btw i'm teaming with DMG :] denti and infinity could prolly guess what we will do :D

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Hi. Zac here. :) Because Billy is stupid and likes poop, he is no longer teaming with me. I NEED A TEAMMATE. Also, banana. ;)

Oh yeah, Van Jones is the best. Hoorraayy.

Ojih~Sama

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ojih-sama
3DS FC
1907-9993-5995
this mite be a little late but samus and c. falcon can go together as they r both bounty hunters in their own games

Tesh

Smash Hero
That would be a really horrible team even in low tiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom