• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix 3 August 21st Coquitlam BC

Ic0nic

Smash Apprentice
Psshh, cg + tjoly + thundering recovery + cyphergrab > snake foreva!

Why would I bother playing in jab range when I can outmindgame nades? :D

Max113

Smash Apprentice
Psshh, cg + tjoly + thundering recovery + cyphergrab > snake foreva!

Why would I bother playing in jab range when I can outmindgame nades? :D
By that I meant their jabs beat your "tjoly". So it looks like you'll be the one approaching. :]

Ic0nic

Smash Apprentice
but yea, ike ***** me because that character is wat is this i dont even.

Captain L

Smash Champion
Or, you could be like most people and main Meta Knight so you can always choose a character that counters your opponent's character... that is, unless they use Meta Knight >_>

Max113

Smash Apprentice
Or, you could be like most people and main Meta Knight so you can always choose a character that counters your opponent's character... that is, unless they use Meta Knight >_>
What do you mean? MK vs MK is 100 - 0, MK will win regardless of skill. XD

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
We already hit the 30 mark at Phoenix 1 (29 entrants for singles, and a few people entered doubles but not singles). Attendance seems to fluctuate based partially on how often the Islanders can make the trip, so we'll have to coordinate that in the future so that when AB does come to visit, it'll be for a tournament with good attendance to begin with.

BC vs. AB is gonna be pretty sweet.

:005:

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
We have a decent amount of MKs, and they do cause problems for some people, but I suspect that's more match-up inexperience than anything else. I don't remember seeing an MK here try to win by stalling/timing out anyway, so I don't think it would be much of an issue. I don't think removing the LGL would change much, though a couple people have claimed they would abuse its absence if it were removed. IDK about that though...

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I read that blue yoshi would. He plays GaW though? Planking as GaW is beatable, and a legitimate strategy, I don't get why that is a bad thing...

bundtcake

Smash Ace
This thread is getting just a little bit too homo for my liking...

but it's finally not too hetero for me!

also the LGL really isn't an issue, we only have like 3 MK players (Clouderz, breez, HNG) now that Vincent and Eric quit Smash and Daniel is heading back to Mexico and even before, when we had a bunch of MKs, none of them planked

ewic

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2363-5634-0009
Hey guys, sorry for staying quiet about my attendance, but I'm definitely coming, along with Max113 and Defender! We'll be staying with StarWaffle, so thanks StarWaffle!

So yeah, see you guys in a couple of days.

Toony

Smash Journeyman
I still wanna go this X_____________X

Is there gonna be a live stream? plez say yes...

HNG

Smash Journeyman
I main Diddy now.. :)

Anyways, I can bring dazzle for a live stream, but it would be too much of a bother to bring my laptop. Anyone else wanna bring theirs so we can livestream this?

SKidd

Smash Master
Who would bother to watch a bunch of West Canadian Brawl players?
.... just kidding, a livestream sounds great. Can you livestream and record matches at the same time?

... and is there gonna be commentary? do we know? :confused:

HNG

Smash Journeyman
Um, I can do that, But I'd rather nto upload them cause it takes a LOONG time to upload. Unless someone wants to teach me how to compress the video file and keep it's quality.. I'm brining Dazzle anyways just incase.

ewic

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2363-5634-0009
So it turns out that at 1am this morning Star cancelled his housing for the 3 islanders, so Asa, what hotel are you guys at? Maybe we can stay with you or something or rent another room or w/e

btw tell us before 4pm tomorrow, because we won't have internet access once we leave for the ferry on Friday.

ewic

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2363-5634-0009
This is really dumb, one of the perfect hotels I found says minimum check-in age is 19.... I turn 19 in 2 months....

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I envy your Brawl scene... Without Lethbridge or Victor, we would have only had 10 people enter last monthly.

Makes me wanna move there just for that. Hahah.

LFL

Smash Journeyman
So it turns out that at 1am this morning Star cancelled his housing for the 3 islanders, so Asa, what hotel are you guys at? Maybe we can stay with you or something or rent another room or w/e

btw tell us before 4pm tomorrow, because we won't have internet access once we leave for the ferry on Friday.
Don't worry. I will find a place for you guys to stay.

Top Bottom