• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix 4 October 16th Coquitlam BC

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
**** no
i never play this game, ever, only at tournies

i lost my brawl disc anyway, and i dont give a **** in the slightest

doubles is my warm up for me, lmfao
Man. That disappoints me. Someone that could hardly care less about this game that can do well just because he exclusively focuses on Meta Knight.

Further incentive for me to do my best then. /probably explains why you're not so tough in Doubles

Clouderz

Smash Ace
Man. That disappoints me. Someone that could hardly care less about this game that can do well just because he exclusively focuses on Meta Knight.

Further incentive for me to do my best then. /probably explains why you're not so tough in Doubles

funny cause i've gotten 1st in doubles every tournament, each tournament with a different partner.....

fail noob is fail gg

and the only reason i dont practice is...because i dont need to

lolumad

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
And yet you like to SD in doubles. For your sake, you better not do that when Alberta arrives.

[EDIT]

Forget it. I'm done here. Waiting until the road trip when stuff goes down.

bundtcake

Smash Ace
pffff, you guys can't even win without your precious high tiers, so pathetic

...wait that's trashtalking alberta and bc at the same time oops

MID TIER YEAH *high-fives kuraudo*

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I said I'd wait to post back here when we got closer to the date, but screw it. I've got a proposition for you guys!

--

Alberta vs. British Columbia 8 vs. 8 Crew Battle!

$2 entry fee per member so something is on the line. $1 if you're feeling cheap enough. Or if we're feeling that honorable, we fight for pride.

We can decide the stagelist later, but if we have the time for it I think this could really settle things and make for a really hyped rivalry fight. Both sides are pretty evenly matched I believe and anything can happen. Different match-ups, strategies and all.

What do you guys say?

Potential Alberta Crew,

• SuPeRbOoM
• KillL0ck
• Alphicans
• Fiji
• Arsenal
• Kuraudo
• Burningpyre
• T-block/diminisht/DevilWillCry

8th member we dunno who would be. But I'm totally down for this. How about you all? Alberta, you game?

[EDIT]

What if we used the Japan Stagelist? lmao jk or am i

HNG

Smash Journeyman
Yea, If you guys need a extra person for the crews..I'm up for it. I'm probably not good enough anyways, Lol.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Housing... who can confirm 100% that they can house Vancouver Island? I've heard lots of maybes, but no definite yes's. Can someone confirm they can house us? We have 3 people confirmed to go (me, Max, and Grape), with maybe one unconfirmed, which I will find out this Saturday. So 4 people max.

Nice with the no notice partner switch Clouderz. Now that leaves Alpha partnerless a week before the tournament.

See you in the grand Finals Max (all Victoria GF :p)

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I've been thinking about how the crew battle would play out for a while, but I haven't actually discussed the details very much before now. I think it would be best to have them take place after singles finishes up. As for the rules, I think either the standard stage-list we use for the tournament or a 9-stage list would work fine (basically a starter stage list with 9 stages, for those who aren't familiar). The stage for the first match would be decided via stage-striking, and whoever comes in each round would pick a stage after the other player bans 1 stage, similar to regular tournament sets. Character selection would be the same as well.

As for the crew, it's hard to say for sure what BC's group would look like. I think Clouderz and bundtcake are givens, but aside from that, it's hard to say who our best choices would be. breez is good, but really inconsistent; I did well before the summer, but I've been doing a lot worse in friendlies here than I used to and I haven't had a tourney here since then to prove I'm still up for it. Defender isn't coming last I heard, and a lot of our up and coming threats (people like Asa, Captain L, HNG, etc.) did well at Phoenix 3, but don't have much else to prove how consistently good they really are yet. Our roster is going to depend heavily on who shows up/how people are playing that day IMO. It's really hard to say right now.

@ Grape: Sorry about that. >.< It's just that there aren't a lot of people who can house people, and those who can house a bunch of people are even rarer. Working out who's staying with who isn't done in a very organized fashion for the most part; it's hard to keep track of and causes a lot of confusion. I know Asa was housing some people, but I honestly don't know how many/who he's housing at this point. There's a chance I could house a couple people, but I don't know for sure yet, and I don't want to make any promises I can't keep. LFL's housing AB, bundtcake is housing Alphicans, and I believe Meta was planning on housing Superboom (?), but that's all I know.

:008:

WHY ARE MY POSTS SO F***ING LONG NOW

Edit: @ Luke: Unless Clouderz's mystery partner is breez, I have a teammate already. TBH, I'm not sure who else from BC is still available for teams. I don't think Clouderz is making the right call here, but I don't know who he's going with either. I hope you can find someone good. =[

Double edit: Oh s***, it is breez. o.0 I guess that makes me a free agent now as well...

breez

Smash Ace
I'm consistently a baller.

I'm going to wreck at this tourny imo.

edit: Also, i've had good placings in almost every tourny, in singles and dubs - I just got too drunk last tourny to play.

edit2: Clouderz and my decision isn't based on anything personal. We want to see a good BC vs AB matchup in doubles, and we want to take money, get paid, and **** *****es.

edit9000: I love you jake ): ):

Clouderz

Smash Ace
lol...
a week is A LOT of time to find a new partner
not like i did it a day before the tourney
so stfu blue yoshi :@

oh and uh
no bull**** *OH I DIDNT PLAY GOOD THAT DAY CUZ IM GAYLAWL I DIDNT PRACTICE ENOUGH*

i get 1st everytime and hte only time i play this game is AT the tournament, so, QQ more baddies

T-Pagne

Smash Cadet
You killin it clouderz, you killin it! Hahaaaaa

i want to be in crews, i have to be, its what i dream for.

breez

Smash Ace
I'm getting pretty hyped. One more good practice session with eric and i'll be ready to pwn up singles.

Clouderz and I got dubs no problem, free money imo ;)

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
I'ma need a partner for this, I'm much better at doubles than I am at singles, I use GnW in dubz, if I get a decent partner. >>
We could probably make top 5+

Asa

Smash Hero
attention islanders:

i can house 2 more

im already housing the golden boys

please decide amongst yourselves

*edit: i can probably find housing for the rest of you. I'll let you know by tomorrow

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
blue yoshi I am quite flattered that you are comparing me to ally but I am not quite that good
Not with that attitude you won't.

Edit (for housing):

well... we can figure out who goes there at some point this week. However, where is the last of us three going? And if we do get another person (forget who it is... I told you on facebook ASA, but I forgot who again lol), where would he go as well?

hmm... Evan, would you be willing to house one more 64 player? If so, I could always go there. That could solve our housing issues... well, at least for the island.

Top Bottom