• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Brawl 6 (Important Venue Change! Details inside)

Sushi3

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, its Sam. Does anyone with a wii want to play/practice today. We can use my place if you want, preferably after 4:30. I'm looking for someone decent with MK/snake/falco against diddy, if that's possible. Feel free to call/text me at 484-744-4535.

∫unk

Smash Master
just talk to me when i'm there we'll work something out lol

ddd is so good though

i dunno who filip is teaming with - if deathnote is going then they usually team

Sushi3

Smash Apprentice
I currently live on Moncton St., Richmond, near Steveston Harbor. I

I don't have a copy of brawl or wii here. I have a TV, I think its HD.

Who is HNG btw

Crisis

Smash Ace
id come over today but i dont have brawl

you okay with tommorow? if asa can go + brawl?

and HNG is a mk main who's pretty good in doubles. ninjaad

and HD = lag :( but it's k

Sushi3

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone have a Wii in Vancouver that I can use to practice stuff by myself today at around 5 pm

Tomorrow should be fine. Asa said he has an HD converter, I believe.

Also, does anyone have HNG's contact information?

Asa

Smash Hero
you can contact hng through fb (Harris Ng)

my wii's at andy's house so i'll have to stop by there first (in abby now)

HNG

Smash Journeyman
hi. please don't give my fb out to just anyone.

also, I believe i'm teaming with Captain L if I do go. But I would need Crisis to give me a ride if that's possible.

SKidd

Smash Master
Yo, Junk, I'd totally be down for having my controller modded.

Where the **** did you learn to do that anyway lmao

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I was under the impression that controller mods like the ones Junk are suggesting are banned. Whenever I play melee vs people and "change my controls" (i.e. change the neutral position of the R button), people tell me that taking the springs out or other methods of physically changing the shield buttons (and other buttons) are banned (physically changing the control stick to make it more sensitive would qualify under this I would assume). So... not to take away from Junk's business, but you guys might want to make sure that the modding he is doing is legal in tournaments before all you have left is an illegal controller.

And also, shortened analog (or more sensitive analog) does not change DI. Pressing the control stick left 3 times with a normal control stick sends you just as far as pressing the control stick left 3 times with a sensitive control stick.

I don't see how removing rumble would be banned or the controller cleaning, but for the other stuff he is suggesting, I would recommend you check to make sure they are tourney legal before you do them.

Sorry Junk, not trying to take away your business, just making sure people don't get stuck with an unusable controller...

edit: I asked in the melee competitive section, and they all said that my melee "changing the neutral position of the R button" control change is perfectly legal in tournaments, since I have not made any physical mods to the controller (it's as if you plugged in your controller while holding up, now your controller will be pointed permanently down). Cactuar even said he did the same idea, but held the R button completely down when he plugged in his controller so that he would not accidentally light shield.

Captain L

Smash Champion
Harris sorry but I wanted to team with you for a monthly, I've been planning to team with asa for phoenix 6 for months now

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Good times. I really benefited in learned how bull**** olimar is. Never played a good one, and damn he's good...or maybe it's just that Asa is a badass
Nah, Olimar is just broken. >.>

Interestingly enough, the Unity ruleset doesn't have a clause specifying controller modifications; it simply states that you are expected to have a working controller and any errors or malfunctions are your responsibility. So be aware of that little bit if you want modifications.

Getting hyped...!

:005:

Arcansi

Smash Champion
I am SO interested in this Funk.

So very much.

*views random thread created by someone here*