• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Brawl 7 - IMPULSE Circuit - Ft. Felix, Alphicans, KillLock, Asa...

Metà

Smash Master
haha, well I wouldn't make the discount higher than the amount I'd pay if I lose. I mean like $10 instead of $15.

I might even reduce the price for everyone though, if there are complaints from people that $15 is too steep (I don't think it is)

Captain L

Smash Champion
I might take you up on that melee offer meta, but also play me in some smash 64 while boom is busy

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Assuming i had the $$ to stay an extra day (which it looks like I will, so I just have to pray the LoL 2v2 tourney happening in my area isn't gonna be on the 26th.)

Who would I be staying with and what would the schedule be? Also caiden if you see this before I ask you, wanna be my partner? I know you play LoL and it would be a free win.

Whaleu

Smash Cadet
Count me and four of my friends definetly in! We are all from B.C. Is there a partnership desk for the doubles?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Oh awesome new people!? Where from BC are you guys and which characters do you use?

I think everything will be taken care of at the day of the event. Just talk to the tournament host :o

(Asa's really excited about you guys coming!)

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Count me and four of my friends definetly in! We are all from B.C. Is there a partnership desk for the doubles?
I like the enthusiasm. ^.^ To try and answer your question, most people partner up in advance (by talking online, or posting here), but there are usually some people who look for partners at the venue before the tournament starts. I don't have a formal desk for pairing players up, but if you let me know you're looking for a partner, I can try and see who else is available so everybody who wants to enter can do so. I take people's teams when the players register at the venue, but if you're still looking, you can still pay your fees to get entered. If you can't find a partner, I have no problem refunding you in full.

If you want to find a partner at the venue, I highly encourage you to show up early, play with people, and ask around! I think everybody should come early anyway, but the more you put yourself out there, the easier time you'll have finding somebody. =]

Edit: @ Evan: Sorry for not answering your question right away. I'm not sure if we'll have time for a 64 side event; the venue will likely be open for us late, but I'll be running doubles, as well as bracket and pools for singles. I'll probably run elimination pools this time, and if I do, I'd like to run a consolation bracket in addition to a pro bracket. Given my history, I'm confident I'll finish everything on time, but given that this is a month away and attendance is continuing to grow, I could be dealing with significantly larger attendance than I'm used to, and I don't want to make any promises I can't keep. That said, the fact that you're willing to run it yourself helps, since my selfish side would much rather play friendlies/MMs than run a side event after singles. If there's enough interest (and between you, Superboom, Blue Yoshi, and Captain L, I know there's good enough 64 talent to justify running an event), the idea can stay on the table for now.

:005:

Metà

Smash Master
Ok, that's good. I honestly think we'll have the resources to make it happen, as long as everything is on schedule. Keep in mind that it will likely be a very small event, meaning we would only need a couple TV's. Hell, even just having one dedicated 64 TV would be enough. I can even provide the TV myself, haha.

Also, I'll probably enter doubles, but not singles. And only if Yakal teams with me, lol

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Valid points. For now, I kind of want to know how many people would be interested in a 64 event. We could just have it going late in the singles bracket, as long as anybody still in the Brawl bracket prioritizes their Brawl matches over 64.

Does Yakal actually plan on coming? =0 I know he posted earlier saying he was, but he also posted in the Melee tournament thread immediately after saying he wasn't going to that, so I kind of assumed he was trolling. :x

:005:

Asa

Smash Hero
ya brawl doubles is the least gay of the two lol

he's curious, but isn't ready to take the step to singles-level homo

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Accepting any 1 stock Bo11 (or 13) + FLSSing (or FLoSSing) MM's, or a combination of both.

Also willing to do any current MM's with either or both of the above.

Making our game better, at least in my matches.

Whaleu

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the fast response! We are all from Kelowna. I was thinking that because 5 of us are going (and two of us are partners already) I just want to make sure all my friends are going to be ok. I'm a luigi main, peach secondary, one's a wolf/zelda (he's the best of all of us), one's an Ike, one's a pikachu/lucas and one's a G&W/Toon Link. This is going to be a lot of fun!

EDIT: Can I suggest a low tier side event?

Asa

Smash Hero
whaleu do you have skype/msn/aim?

you can suggest a side event, and i'd be dow for low tiers as well, but idk if we'll have enough time XD

Whaleu

Smash Cadet
Yes, I have skype geoff.webb60. I think if the full set-up is still available, a best-of-three single (or maybe even double) elimination $5 low tier event would be possible.

Asa

Smash Hero
that makes 4 zelda players at this lol

and @ whaleu there'll probably be like 5 ppl in each pool

Top Bottom