• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Brawl 7 - IMPULSE Circuit - Ft. Felix, Alphicans, KillLock, Asa...

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
Hey guiseeeee :3
Scorch, my brodah, in confirmed! He's coming for sureee. (Brodah = Brother)
My brother can bring spare Wii cables but no Wii cuz it's busted or something :S

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
It'd be good if you could, 'cause Dakota and I were gonna stop there when we got into Van on Friday, so he could just go back to your place with you rather than me directing him there.

Drake12

Smash Ace
Perfect. Don't sleep in/miss your bus!

So so far, we've got:

Firefly (before 12 - whenever)
Bundtcake (some time - 5-6pm)
Sinister (12-12:45 - whenever) (Wii)
Drake (a time - a more differenter time)
Attila (a time - a more differenter time) (are you guys bringing a Wii?)
Aleate (? I think he said he was coming later, but I'm not 100%)

:005:
We'll try to be there earlier like maybe 12 or 1, and we'll kick around until we decide you are no fun or something like that :p
Yes we have a wii+Crois hacks

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
How can you be in helpless state while on the ground? >_>

I swear if you make Zelda low tier 3 games in a row Sakurai... :c

Whaleu

Smash Cadet
Well, I feel this is a n00b question, but are the bracket matches also bo3? Are any finals bo5? Also, it is with great sadness that Straty and Berryo will not be going. No word on our Vancouver friends

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Smaaaaaaaashfest =]

Theres about a 50% chance i'll go. If I do It'll be early i guess round 11-12 when it opens. I'll bring my wii If I do go in case we need it.
Sounds good. I will see you there! I'll try to get there a bit earlier then, since you're planning on arriving early.

I don't need to bring my Wii right... rather not take it to school then the venue x_x
It looks like we'll have 3 Wiis, so we should be good.

Hey guiseeeee :3
Scorch, my brodah, in confirmed! He's coming for sureee. (Brodah = Brother)
My brother can bring spare Wii cables but no Wii cuz it's busted or something :S
Right on. Confirming now~

Well, I feel this is a n00b question, but are the bracket matches also bo3? Are any finals bo5? Also, it is with great sadness that Straty and Berryo will not be going. No word on our Vancouver friends
All pools and bracket matches will be bo3, except for Winner's Finals, Loser's Finals, and Grand Finals in each bracket, which will be bo5. Sad to hear that. =[ Updating the OP now.

| Big D |

Smash Master
You pretty much nailed it, WF, LF, GFs are all bo5 and bracket is bo3.

And if you use dins while in the air, you go into a helpless state much like DK.

Of course knowing this I used it to my advantage and baited it, just like I baited everything else.

NINJA'D

Attila the Hun

Smash Ace
NNID
Aedrenaline
3DS FC
2208-4906-7922
All bracket and pool matches are Bo3, any finals (not semi) are Bo5 (losers, winners, grand 1+2). :)

****YOUDAWSON

Attila the Hun

Smash Ace
NNID
Aedrenaline
3DS FC
2208-4906-7922
No, you're a yoshimainquitter among men.

And I just started playing FF9 recently, on the second disk in Madain Sari. :)

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
i know this is sort of last minute, but just wanted to give a heads up that i might not be at the smashfest tomorrow

if i do show up, it'll probably be later than sooner

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Fine then, be that way. =[

I've made some changes to the schedule in the OP. Mainly, I've swapped the singles brackets so we will be starting the Amateur bracket before the Pro bracket (the idea is to work through the first couple rounds of the Amateur bracket quickly to free up TVs for the Pro bracket). I've also added a start time for Smash 64 singles (8:30).

The Arsenal

Smash Cadet
^wat...i thought that everybody makes it into bracket?? i guess you cant sandbag in pools now...

make sure commentary is legit as i will most likely be a stream monster...lets hope that internet doesnt fail at the venue lol

Metà

Smash Master
I kinda forgot that I have to leave kinda early in the evening to perform at a show elsewhere in Burnaby this day, so like, could I run the 64 bracket earlier? Like overlap with singles a bit? : [

i'm bringing like 3 TVs lol

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Oh hey, there is actually a thread for this. Also, finally a smash 64 event.

Not to go against Evan's request, but participating in both the brawl and 64 event, I'd rather have them separated. When I'm playing brawl, I'd like to focus entirely on brawl until I am out, and then focus on 64 (or vice versa). Switching between the two will only mess me up in both. I'm sure I'm not the only person who will be affected by this.

However, is there a problem if 64 happens before brawl? It's smash 64, so it won't take too long, and that way, Evan can take part as well.

Basically, I want Evan to take part (last time I faced him was WAY too long ago), but I don't want 64 it to happen while brawl is happening...

Edit: Just realized... 64 is happening, and I have barely played it in the last year or so... and may not get much of a chance to play it before the tournament... haha hopefully I won't be too bad at it, relatively speaking...

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Not sure if I'll enter 64 if it's during brawl. I would definitely enter it if was after (or even before) brawl singles. That probably sums up most people's feelings about the 64 event.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
So my sister took all my money to put gas in her car so she could get to school .-. So I have no way of getting there now. Sorry.

Metà

Smash Master
how about we run at as soon as brawl doubles are over? it may still overlap with pools though, but it's only pools right?

i can get the bracket set up during brawl doubles, and then start running it with whoever has been eliminated, so as not to bother the people who made it to grand finals or w/e and still want to enter.

does that sound good? a bit of overlap is ok IMO, i've run 2-day tournaments with like 8 events, and that's pretty much always how it goes, lol

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Hey Jer make sure you can make it Friday so we can squeeze in some last minute practice

doubles hypee~

Asa

Smash Hero
Yes, who is gonna be coming to the friday smashfest anyway?

Asa
Sinister
Alphicans
JJ
Neebs
H
Drake
Attila
Aleate

who else?

Top Bottom