• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Brawl 7 - IMPULSE Circuit - Ft. Felix, Alphicans, KillLock, Asa...

Asa

Smash Hero
Asa
Sinister
Alphicans
JJ
Neebs
H
Drake
Attila
Aleate
AB Carpool 1
Arcansi
Grape

we`re gun need dem wees..

The Arsenal

Smash Cadet
Hey Jer make sure you can make it Friday so we can squeeze in some last minute practice

doubles hypee~
dont think that i have forgotten that you owe me from our MM, i know its only $2,but a deal is a deal mah boi!

ill get fiji to collect it...that mcdonalds dollar menu ftw

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
ayo remind me next time

but yeah i'll give it Fiji, already planned too anyways lool

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Yeah for sure i'll come friday.

oh wait, is everyone that is styaing at my house going to smashfest on friday?

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I was kind of afraid at how hard Bundtcake was laughing at Dolphin Slash... XD

^wat...i thought that everybody makes it into bracket?? i guess you cant sandbag in pools now...

make sure commentary is legit as i will most likely be a stream monster...lets hope that internet doesnt fail at the venue lol
Yeah, unless we don't hit 32 people (very unlikely), we will be doing elimination pools. I'm hoping that the structure of the tournament will allow for people to be available to provide good commentary; I'll do the best I can when I'm not playing, but I do have tons of other stuff to do as well...

i can get the bracket set up during brawl doubles, and then start running it with whoever has been eliminated, so as not to bother the people who made it to grand finals or w/e and still want to enter.
I think this would probably be the best way to go about doing the Smash 64 event. It might be a little hectic, and I'd need to be assured that Brawl matches won't be held up by 64 matches, but at least this way it wouldn't delay the Brawl event too much. I really don't want Brawl singles getting pushed back by 64; but if I wind up doing the pools in waves, I can pick pools with players still in the 64 bracket at that point and save them for later.

On the plus side, we'll have enough set-ups so that you can use any of the TVs you bring for 64, even during pools/early bracket. The TV count from today was 12, which was pretty much my target number, and that's assuming nobody comes up with any RF adapters before then.

Regarding space, we have a somewhat different arrangement from what I was expecting. Instead of using the space we usually have for the monthlies, we'll be given most of the area upstairs. This consists of three rooms, two open air and one which is a large, but cluttered employee's only room. This will be cleaned out to give us as much of the room as possible, and though it's not as large as the area downstairs, we will have it all to ourselves instead of sharing it with the Magic players. For reference, one of the open air rooms is larger than the P6 venue. =p

:005:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Yeah the place is great! Our playing area consists of their card sorting room (it's a disgrace how messy it is right now), the building mezzanine, and the kitchen. There are WINDOWS that we can OPEN.

Arcansi you will like to know that there's some pre-releasing of Magic cards on Friday.

Smashfest tomorrow? :D

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
i might want to jump on commentary

i'm cool with a fest tomorrow too

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I could always give commentary a shot. Might involve a ton of Victoria inside jokes, but it will all be fine :p

I cannot bring a wii, due to my sister leaving it in Port Alberni, but I can bring a brawl disk if necessary. I can also bring my 64 stuff if need be as well. Do we need another 64 set-up?

Top Bottom