• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Brawl! March 13th, 2010 (***Port Coquitlam, BC)

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Brawl Draft Crew Battle.

Whaddya guys think? SuPeRbOoM as one of the team captains, and someone else as the other. It'd be epic and fun!

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
talking_chicken is unable to attend this tournament. Although he lives in Abbotsford/Victoria, he is on his co-op term in Waterloo Ontario at the time, so he won't be able to attend. So take him off the list.
Haha, and I thought the words "I can't, because I'll be in Waterloo at the time" were enough to not put me on the list. :p

That being said, now that I know there is a community, can I still make the unfounded claim that I'm Abby's best Melee player? Or 64? BlazBlue, even? :p

Asa

Smash Hero
Holy crap, where have you guys been hiding? =0 We're starting up a Brawl Power ranking for BC soon, so you guys should come ASAP and show us what you've got. =D

:005:
do we even have enough people for a PR ? :/

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
As for the crew match, we could do 64 players vs non-64 players. Almost everyone coming from Vancouver Island plays both brawl and 64, so we've got quite a few people for that. Superboom plays 64, and I'm sure other people in Vancouver also play 64. I think it would actually be fairly close teams numberwise :p

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
actually, I never thought of it that way lol (but re-reading my post, I can see where you see that. It was unintentional... I swear :p). I do believe, with all the people from Victoria that play 64, that 64 vs not 64 would be fairly even.

ikool

Smash Apprentice
This is pretty awesome! A boom in brawl players in BC! :D
There may be a lot of melee players, but I bet there are just as many hidden brawl players... they just gotta jump out of the shadows.

GET HYPED >:D

Also, I'm still minus a brawl partner for doubles this event. :(

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
My mistake. I meant to put unconfirmed instead of oop for them.

As for Draft Crews, I'm up for that. Jack will probably be the other captain, should get first pick.

Grimice

Smash Apprentice
=O a PR finally!!! you ca go ahead and puts BC's best IC'ers at #1 kk thanks =D...

on a serious note tho, i've very excited for this tourny, theres been a lack of brawl players at the victoria scene lately so it will be fun to play some new people and see what other people can do.

also for anyone interested ill be attending Pound4 in maryland in january and ill be posting the livestream somewhere if people are interested in watching, its a huge tourny, and im hoping to place top10.... as long as i dont gotta play M2K first round lol or ally... effing snakes... but im excited theres a bigger brawl community in BC then i thought.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
All it needed was to be revived. :)

Generally they'll be doing pools there first. Since you're an unknown, you'll get some tough people in your pools anyway, and then be seeded from there. Good luck at pound 4! Take lots of pictures.

Housing problem for the island smashers and AB still stand.

Grimice

Smash Apprentice
Robert your such a troll...... sounds fun i look forward to playing yall, also i may be unkown to you guys but in the united states im more well known. but anyways thanks the for GL, im gunna need it, im meeting up with lain and judge and them and hopefully get some good practise in before the , ima troll lain and tell him im going to place higher then him muahahha mindgamez =D

also ill be getting lots of pictures, and im going to try and get a picture with cactuar... since hes retiring pound4 will be his last tourny... =(((

and robert im down for a MM... hope you shackin off the rust last time we play'd i ***** you and trevor over and over lol =DDDD just playing but seriously.... dont get grabbed man.

LFL

Smash Journeyman
All it needed was to be revived. :)

Generally they'll be doing pools there first. Since you're an unknown, you'll get some tough people in your pools anyway, and then be seeded from there. Good luck at pound 4! Take lots of pictures.

Housing problem for the island smashers and AB still stand.
Housing isn't an issue. More than 6 people can stay at Bobby's place. They will just need to be ok with sleeping on the floor or bringing and air mattress or something. I can fit another 3 people in my room and I've talk to my other friend josh about taking 3 people.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Robert your such a troll...... sounds fun i look forward to playing yall, also i may be unkown to you guys but in the united states im more well known. but anyways thanks the for GL, im gunna need it, im meeting up with lain and judge and them and hopefully get some good practise in before the , ima troll lain and tell him im going to place higher then him muahahha mindgamez =D

also ill be getting lots of pictures, and im going to try and get a picture with cactuar... since hes retiring pound4 will be his last tourny... =(((

and robert im down for a MM... hope you shackin off the rust last time we play'd i ***** you and trevor over and over lol =DDDD just playing but seriously.... dont get grabbed man.
Haha all in good fun :)

You'll do well at Pound 4. I'm not going, as it's way too expensive, but I'll be there in spirit for you :p

And as for our money match, although I should worry about not getting grabbed, you should focus on not freely walking into my nines. It's almost as if you're trying to get killed. I mean seriously, I look for a challenge, and you do that. Actually, on that topic, did either of us save the replay of the match where I come back after losing a stock, walk up to you, nine the wrong way, and you roll into it? TOO FUNNY :p lol :)

Anyways, HYPE FOR THIS TOURNAMENT!!!!!

Grimice

Smash Apprentice
Haha all in good fun :)

You'll do well at Pound 4. I'm not going, as it's way too expensive, but I'll be there in spirit for you :p

And as for our money match, although I should worry about not getting grabbed, you should focus on not freely walking into my nines. It's almost as if you're trying to get killed. I mean seriously, I look for a challenge, and you do that. Actually, on that topic, did either of us save the replay of the match where I come back after losing a stock, walk up to you, nine the wrong way, and you roll into it? TOO FUNNY :p lol :)

Anyways, HYPE FOR THIS TOURNAMENT!!!!!
lol thanks robert, im going to go for top 10, ive been playing a lot of the smashers from the midwest (michigan) and i was lucky to get some games with NoJ his G&W is awesome, but im getting really good at the match-up, and been playing my buddy L_cancel a lot aswell.

i think i have the replay of you predicting me and hitting me with that 9 hammer... i also got the replay of the next match where i 3 stock you in 1 min .... get at me... lol

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
I just want to get things officialized and done for housing. Rob, Grimice, H8 names, and Twist Helix: are you guys fine with housing at a place without bedding, or brinigng your own bedding? I'll probably have to group you guys all together since the two other options are only 3 people each.

ikool

Smash Apprentice
Wow... O_O

Pheonix is stacking up to be a pretty big brawl tourney! Considering we almost have 20 people and the tourney is more than 3 months away, just a great outcome. :)

I'm expecting a good 30+ people to be confirmed for this tourney by February.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
I hope so, iKool.

I'm still triyng to get WA on board but it's hard because most of them don't have passports. Gotta get their attention now or we will have to wait for them to come at Phoenix 2, or perhaps one of the Komodo monthlies.

Asa

Smash Hero
i'm worried we won't have enough housing... should i bring a tent? lol

oh btw my falco friend's name is JPWN

Asa

Smash Hero
lol

btw got another player coming. not sure if he has a smashboards account
put him under "John Davidson"
he's a lucario player

Asa

Smash Hero
I do have a suggestion. If anyone has a car, they could potetially stay with me for the night then car it over the next day. I live at UBC, vancouver. I also do not really have bedding; there's a pull out sofa, small couch. I've also got a foamy and an extra comforter. Just a suggestion

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype

is that enough?

H8 Making Names

Smash Cadet
hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype

is that enough?
no
the hype must extend to over 9000

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
A = {h, h, h, h, h, h, h, h, h, h} . . . . . (10)
B = {y, y, y, y, y, y, y, y, y, y} . . . . . (10)
C = {p, p, p, p, p, p, p, p, p, p} . . . . . (10)
D = {e, e, e, e, e, e, e, e, e} . . . . . (9)

let '1' '2' '3' '4' be a word where:

'1' is an element of A
'2' is an element of B
'3' is an element of C
'4' is an element of D

there, the word hype is written over 9000 times. :p

Top Bottom