• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Era Tournament 3/1/08

ndelz87

Smash Apprentice
Me and my crew are gonna host a Phoenix Era Tournament in the same place as the Imperial Era Tournament we through in Feb. We got some good feed back that it was a great place to have it. Not so crowed. Very confortable and such. Those that Came last time, thanks for coming. This one will be just as good.

We had this Posted in The Tournament Thread but we changed our Crew name!!!!

Address: : C.W. Post Campus, Long Island University
720 Northern Blvd., Brookville, NY 11548
Humanities Hall Rm 214 2nd Floor

Number: Call Me Ndelz87 For help, question, etc about this tournament.

Ndelz87-718-614-8237

Directions:----Public transportation
From NYC.....Take the train from Penn Station to Hicksville Station, from Hicksville take a cab from the station to CW Post..( The cab company is across the street from the station underneath the train tracks)

(cab ride is 8-10 bucks a person)

Driving------
Take the belt parkway all the way down to the cross Island expressway, take the cross island to Exit 30E
Merge onto the Long Island Expressway, Take to exit 39 Glen clove Road get off make a left on Glen Clove road take stright to northern Blvd. Make a right and take to CW Post Campus, on the left.

Time: 9am-9PM

tournament starts at 11am

Date: Febuary 16 2007
Setups: There is like 4-5 tv's there so If any can bring some tvs to make the tournament move smoothy, than that be great, as well as cubes.

Venue fee: $10
Singles: 10$
Doubles: 20$ (Ten per teammate)

Rules for teams-

Double Elimination Bracket

Team Attack on and Life Stealing Allowed
Sets are 2/3, 3/5 for the finals
8 Minute Time Limit
4 Stock
No Items

Team Stages On - Final Destination, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium, Yoshi's Story and Battlefield

Counterpicks- Brinstar, DK 64, Rainbow Cruise, Corneria and pokefloats

Singles rules:

8 Minute Time Limit
4 Stock
No Items

- Singles Stages on – Final Destination, Dream Land 64, Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield, Yoshi’s Story, Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks- Rainbow Cruise, DK64, Brinstar, Mute City. Mushroom kingdom 2, poke floats and corneria.

After the first Match, Loser states thier stage. then the winner can decide to choice thier character. after the loser can choose the stage of thier choice.

Each player gets one strike for a stage and it can be any stage of choice that is playable.

In the event an invalid rule setting is discovered: only the current game of the set will be replayed. If the setting is discovered between games, the last game will be replayed. Under only special circumstances will an entire set be re-done because of a wrong rule setting. This goes for team attack, damage ratio, random stage, counterpick, and time limit settings. Special circumstances are based solely on the Tournament organizers discretion and will be handled on a case to case basis.

Now we dont want to waste time with this so when matches are called get to them
when we say pause and quit your matches, do it please. and if your late for a match you will Pay for it. I'm not giving out any breaks cause some know me. I have a job to do so here is how you pay for being late:

2mins late- warning

4Mins late- Lost the first match of the set

6mins- Lost the set

me and the others will be looking around at matches to see if people are playing and made it to thier matches. And oh do feel free to report who is late at your matches or any other matches. its easier for you to win and get closer to winning eh?

Thats about it Any questions, IM or PM me, My AIM/YIM/MSM is in my profile. Or call me. Hope lots come to this. Lets make this big.

AND NO WOBBLING!!! I REPEAT!!!! NO WOBBLING!!! I'M SO STRICK WITH IT THAT YOU WOBBLE ONCE, YOU LOSE YOUR S

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN
Me and my crew are gonna host a Phoenix Era Tournament in the same place as the Imperial Era Tournament we through in Feb. We got some good feed back that it was a great place to have it. Not so crowed. Very confortable and such. Those that Came last time, thanks for coming. This one will be just as good.

We had this Posted in The Tournament Thread but we changed our Crew name!!!!

Address: : C.W. Post Campus, Long Island University
720 Northern Blvd., Brookville, NY 11548
Humanities Hall Rm 214 2nd Floor

Number: Call Me Ndelz87 For help, question, etc about this tournament.

Ndelz87-718-614-8237

Directions:----Public transportation
From NYC.....Take the train from Penn Station to Hicksville Station, from Hicksville take a cab from the station to CW Post..( The cab company is across the street from the station underneath the train tracks)

(cab ride is 8-10 bucks a person)

Driving------
Take the belt parkway all the way down to the cross Island expressway, take the cross island to Exit 30E
Merge onto the Long Island Expressway, Take to exit 39 Glen clove Road get off make a left on Glen Clove road take stright to northern Blvd. Make a right and take to CW Post Campus, on the left.

Time: 9am-9PM

tournament starts at 11am

Date: Febuary 16 2007
Setups: There is like 4-5 tv's there so If any can bring some tvs to make the tournament move smoothy, than that be great, as well as cubes.

Venue fee: $10
Singles: 10$
Doubles: 20$ (Ten per teammate)

Rules for teams-

Team Attack on and Life Stealing Allowed
8 Minute Time Limit
4 Stock
No Items

Team Stages On - Final Destination, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium, Yoshi's Story and Battlefield

Counterpicks- Brinstar, DK 64, Rainbow Cruise, Corneria and pokefloats

Singles rules:

8 Minute Time Limit
4 Stock
No Items

- Singles Stages on – Final Destination, Dream Land 64, Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield, Yoshi’s Story, Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks- Rainbow Cruise, DK64, Brinstar, Mute City. Mushroom kingdom 2, poke floats and corneria.

After the first Match, Loser states thier stage. then the winner can decide to choice thier character. after the loser can choose the stage of thier choice.

Each player gets one strike for a stage and it can be any stage of choice that is playable.

In the event an invalid rule setting is discovered: only the current game of the set will be replayed. If the setting is discovered between games, the last game will be replayed. Under only special circumstances will an entire set be re-done because of a wrong rule setting. This goes for team attack, damage ratio, random stage, counterpick, and time limit settings. Special circumstances are based solely on the Tournament organizers discretion and will be handled on a case to case basis.

Now we dont want to waste time with this so when matches are called get to them
when we say pause and quit your matches, do it please. and if your late for a match you will Pay for it. I'm not giving out any breaks cause some know me. I have a job to do so here is how you pay for being late:

2mins late- warning

4Mins late- Lost the first match of the set

6mins- Lost the set

me and the others will be looking around at matches to see if people are playing and made it to thier matches. And oh do feel free to report who is late at your matches or any other matches. its easier for you to win and get closer to winning eh?

Thats about it Any questions, IM or PM me, My AIM/YIM/MSM is in my profile. Or call me. Hope lots come to this. Lets make this big.

AND NO WOBBLING!!! I REPEAT!!!! NO WOBBLING!!! I'M SO STRICK WITH IT THAT YOU WOBBLE ONCE, YOU LOSE YOUR S

NDelz, how much is the train ride fom NYC to Brookville? seems like mad cash to get there

ndelz87

Smash Apprentice
round trip is like $12 to $15......you actually have to take the train from pen station to hicksville.... That with the cab ride should cost you like $25 dollars max to get here.....

Alukard

Smash Hero
is there anyone to pick us up to and from the train station ?? cuz the cab fare is like killing us ... thats like 50$ for fare ... and then tourney and venue ... its not looking too good ... help us out plz

Alukard

Smash Hero
oooops i just remembered i can't go to this ... i have to go sumwhere else ... sry dudes ... =\

Alukard

Smash Hero
i think its just a bit too soon... thats a lot of $$ to just scrape up last minute ... especially for a tourney lol

ndelz87

Smash Apprentice
Due to lack of interest, and no sign-ups im cancelling this tournament...... You can close the thread..........Tournament officailly cancelled..................Illl try and do another one shortly

Top Bottom