• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Wright series (Ace Attorney Trilogy now on 3DS)

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
The Second game had the most intense last trial imo.

But every game is at its best on the last trial.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Investigations?

I guess I could understand not enjoying the last case, but I like everything about that game. The last case would still be my favorite for that game.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I actually love the AAI last case. Alba was a beast and I didn't find it as much of trial and error as others put it. The only annoying thing was the whole "Oh man, I'm out of options. Oh hey, Gumshoe. What's that you got there? Evidence? How convenient."

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
The logic was broken because the villain had extraterritorial rights and could say "Nope.avi" to logic.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
do you guys know what a peak experience is?

well, both my friend and I claim to have experienced one upon realising the real point of the metal detector in game 1 case 4

best feeling ever

John2k4

The End of an Era
That was indeed a great case. :)
I honestly was having an issue foreshadowing most of it, whereas I can usually predict what's going to happen in the other cases.

Also, JFA, first case, first cross-examination: Took me 15 minutes to get past it before I realized you could present profiles too. x.x

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Also, JFA, first case, first cross-examination: Took me 15 minutes to get past it before I realized you could present profiles too. x.x
That's happened to me too. I also think presenting profiles are necessary during the investigation parts too, but it's been awhile.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I actually plan on getting T&T for myself sometime over the holiday breaks since I finished up JFA last month. I might get Apollo Justice, but it looks so bleh. Anyone play it and wanna give their opinion on it?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I actually plan on getting T&T for myself sometime over the holiday breaks since I finished up JFA last month. I might get Apollo Justice, but it looks so bleh. Anyone play it and wanna give their opinion on it?
Get the game, it's worth the money.

apollo justice is not a bad game - the second case is a bit meh, but the other three are rather good

T&T is the best in the series imo
^
This.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Apollo Justice is a great game, but it's only an adequate Ace Attorney game imo.

The pacing is lousy, the music is rather good, there's a couple of great characters that get lost in the sea of uninspired ones and they're pretty forgettable, and the bracelet is a complete gimmick in court. However, it has a great story. That being said, I would play it if you're a fan of the series.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Pretty sure you can get AJ for a cheap price. Definitely worth the money. Trust me, I avoided AJ for a long time, but the fact it connects to PW's history as well makes it that much more enjoyable.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
It's unfortunate that Apollo himself is pretty forgettable, not a good replacement for Phoenix.

I liked the main villain though.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Apollo Justice is a great game, but it's only an adequate Ace Attorney game imo.

The pacing is lousy, the music is rather good, there's a couple of great characters that get lost in the sea of uninspired ones and they're pretty forgettable, and the bracelet is a complete gimmick in court. However, it has a great story. That being said, I would play it if you're a fan of the series.
Agreed. The bracelet was a neat idea but could've been used better. I did like the idea though since it does tie into the whole poker theme for the first case. While the game wasn't as memorable as the first three, it makes me kind of want to replay it sine I forgot a whole lot.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Also, I got kind of annoyed because with certain aspects of it, as in
magic being the answer to all the mysteries
. But I can mostly overlook that.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
So here's what I'm getting from the trailer:

Case 1: Case 1 from Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Case 2: Case 4 from Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Case 3: Case 2 from Phoenix Wright: Justice For All

I wonder if there's more than 3 cases.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I doubt it. If they wanna go deep enough for...let's say a 2 hour film, 3 is cutting it already. It's about 40 minutes per case if you don't consider introductions, breaks between cases, etc. etc.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I'm already calling the sequel.

"Phoenix Wright: Corruption in the Embassy"

2 hours 30 minutes of JUST the last case from AAI.

John2k4

The End of an Era
I am so excited for that movie.

Edgeworth looks...interesting. Phoenix Wright looks cool. Maya looks almost exactly like the game.

Oh and :laugh: at the giant inflatable Samurai.

Fayte Isaac

Smash Apprentice
So here's what I'm getting from the trailer:

Case 1: Case 1 from Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Case 2: Case 4 from Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Case 3: Case 2 from Phoenix Wright: Justice For All

I wonder if there's more than 3 cases.
but wait... wasnt that Dee Vasquez in this trailer? so wouldnt the third case from teh first game be in there?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I know 1-4 is gonna be in the movie.

Wait. By "2-4," do you mean "1-4" O-o

And yea, that was definitely Dee Vasquez.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Someone over at KC:MM made me a sig for Xmas, using a custom render of Phoenix Wright.

The render.

Top Bottom