• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pichu Pichu Pichu yay it's a vid UPDATED 24/01/07

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
So guys, I've finally made a Pichu vid, a friendly ._., so you guys can see a bit of the way I play Pichu. This video is meant to entertain you all, so whatever really. I can't play Pichu full out in friendlies so I'll try to get some tourney matches up later on.

NOTE: My opponent BF didn't want to play Falco, his main, against my Pichu, in fear of humiliating himself, so chose Fox. He doesn't really play Fox, and has played Falco for over 4 hours before this match, so his timing and stuff were kinda well....off XD

Enjoy.....or something. Except for the random music.

BF (Fox) vs NGCXX (Pichu)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLybngWUS5w

Added another match:

BF (Fox) vs NGCXX (Pichu)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rs5Iu9Pb3Z0

Oh and of course, feel free to post what you think of it. I'd like that. Do it now @_@ XD

T0MMY

Smash Master
Finally we get a vid of your Pichu. And it's not disappointing at all. I notice you use the F-tilt when edge-guarding, a lot of the time against Fox's Up+B. Wouldn't it be more effective to use a different attack to ward off that broken recovery? I prefer F-smash & D-tilt against Fox for the most part.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
No, I think he tried to edge guard with F-smash the first time Fox recovered, then changed tactics. Why? I don't know, but hey, something different!!! Anyway NGCXX, it's nice to see your Pichu in action for once, taunty as expected. And yeah, that Fox often had his d-air out of timing, just a minor Falco-Fox setback, although you would beat his Falco anyway. I'd also be looking forward to a video version of your guide if you would be interested. something like THAT WOULD ROCK. Now I am off to destroy a friend's Marth after my vigorous Pichu training.......(ha, that long- reaching smash won't help you now hehehe)

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yay. t0mmy ^^

I figured the f-tilt makes a nice kind of 'barrier' at the edge. If Fox starts his firebird somewhere above the stage, he has lots of options to choose from. That's why I f-tilt to cover the edge, so he has to go above me. And since F-tilt doesn't have too much lag, I can still punish him. F-smash is often too laggy for that, and f-tilt's hitbox covers a little more of pichu's body. Plus, f-tilt is so weak it can't be wallteched until about 50% XD

And thanks Meteor Master. Good luck destroying your friend's Marth ^^

T0MMY

Smash Master
I kind of figured maybe the F-tilt was also advantageous because it could be angled. But even still, if Fox is that far out I have time to wait to see where he's going. I F-smash if he's going for the ledge, and aerial attack if he goes above me. That Firefox scares me, it's so broken, and with Pichu's horrible range I don't know if I want to risk the F-tilt.

Now get some vids of you vs his Falco ;^)

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
actually i tried it after watching the vid, you would be amazed that the timing isn't at all difficult. I just might start doing that ^^

oh yeah and this just in.......... Marth destroyed, close call.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Finally we get a vid of your Pichu. And it's not disappointing at all. I notice you use the F-tilt when edge-guarding, a lot of the time against Fox's Up+B. Wouldn't it be more effective to use a different attack to ward off that broken recovery? I prefer F-smash & D-tilt against Fox for the most part.
Hmm, that's the first time I've heard Fox's recovery described as "broken". Sure, it can carry you up from the bottom of FD, but most of the time people describe it as "easy to edgeguard". =\ (although they are exaggerating... but I suppose that his "not impossible to edgeguardness" is a relative weakness, considering how good the character is)...

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
I will, T0MMY. If he stops trying to be lame and choosing Fox all the time. People just don't want to get ***** by pichu....on video. :p

Galeon

Smash Ace
I liked the newest vid, tons better than my Pichu is right now. Had a question though (nothing I could critique ^^), were you just trying to avoid chaingrabbing in a friendly or you choose not to for a different reason?

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't chaingrab. I usually play Fox and I think it's kind of lame to chaingrab with Fox, and for some reason that applies to my Pichu as well :/

I should use it with Pichu though, it's not like anyone will ever call you cheap.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Everyone forgets that Fox's Up+B recovery is broken until I bring it to their attention. I think it's because nearly everything about Fox is broken so it gets overlooked. Hahaha. But just remember, the programmers fixed it a bit in the PAL version.

Also, with the F-tilt, I'm not denying its efectiveness, I'm just saying I edge-guard with other attacks because they seem to be more useful.

Top Bottom