• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Picking and Counter-picking with pika!!!

King~

Smash Champion
Simple questions

What are pika's best stages?

What are pika's worst?

To tell the truth i would like to see a more in-depth thread for counter picking characters or at least add it to the character disscussion pages(i didnt see it in the wall o texts)

but please share your opinons and give a few reasons:)

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure there was some info about Pika's best stages somewhere around here. Smashboards' search function is ****, though...

I'm not quite sure about counterpicking stages for Pikachu, but I have a set of stages I like in particular:

1. Green Greens: Lots of room to QAC. Detonating bomb blocks with thunder's invincibility frames is fun on those that don't expect it.
  2. Bridge of Eldin: A GREAT place to show off QAC prowess. There's little in the way of thundershocks, as well.
  3. Corneria: Showing off QAC again. MK dislikes it because it's hard to IDC up slopes.Thundershocks work well because of how they travel along the surface of the top fin. It's almost like edgegaurding. Not to mention that you can Quick Attack to it immediately from the lower platform, D-Tilt lock with it, etc.

5ive

Smash Champion
Flat stages with as few platforms as possible are good,
because of QAC potential, and thunder won't be blocked by platforms.

Of course, I would say FD, but also Corneria and Smashville.

Personally, I hate playing on Battlefield because of the small area to QAC, and all the platforms, making thunder hard to use.

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
Flat stages with as few platforms as possible are good,
because of QAC potential, and thunder won't be blocked by platforms.

Of course, I would say FD, but also Corneria and Smashville.

Personally, I hate playing on Battlefield because of the small area to QAC, and all the platforms, making thunder hard to use.
Fun fact: You can thunder in a narrow crack between platforms and it'd still hit Pikachu.
Secondary Fun fact: Platformed stages give Pikachu a slight advantage over reflectors because then they can't reflect ANY part of the thunder on to him.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
smashville is my absolute favorite allowed stage. it has a mix of platform and open areas, and it has delicious stage spike edges. i also like shadow moses. you can combo those who dont tech into thunders very easily, and can fthrow people into walls, making it easier to cg, while not being an infinite. galax has a thread about stages. it is linked in his char matchup thread i believe.

when it comes to worst..... i personally dont like yoshis island, the platform makes it harder to pull off combos. Luigis mansion i also think is bad for pika.

K 2

Smash Lord
I like smashville too. The platform constantly moves so you can thunderso that it hits you or you can thunder so that it doesn't hit you. It's wide open so you can QAC freely (also QAC from base platform to mobile platform-its very sneaky). You can also go under the stage (skullbash, DJ, QA) to show off or to avoid edgeguarding. Personally, I don't like to play pika on Battlefield...all the platforms get in the way.

King~

Smash Champion
hmm thats interesting

i actually like going to battlefield, because i find it easy to surprise my opponent with thunder in one of the four areas you can do it. i find the platforms help my pikas follow up in the air

i agree luigis mansion is a terrible stage for pika, and the only time i don't like smashville is aginst snake cause of floating platform of death

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I like Halberd. ;o BF is horrid for spamming but I like platform abuse so it works for me, a good uair to go thru them is fun.

Hate luigi's mansion...

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
I've counterpicked Yoshi's Island Pipes with pikachu and every time it's been really good. Room to QAC, chaingrab walkoff, etc.

gallax

Smash Hero
yes i had a stage thing going on until the sbr decided to make like every stage legal. pisses me off. but overall from what we agreed upon smashville is the best stage for pika. i personally love bf and fd. fd is a great level.

neji32

Smash Lord
I think Smashville is a terrible level for pikachu. Its small size makes killing this light character easier, the platform can stop your thunder wrether is on stage, a thunder wall or thunder stalling on the ledge. And they can hide on the moving platform to hide from your t jolt. I really dislike that level ESPECIALLY against characters with strong smashes..........G&W smash killing me at 40%
As for actual cp =/
Oh and it could be me but i also do really bad on lylat

EDIT: wow everyone else likes Sv xD i guess im just different

K 2

Smash Lord
SV is my all time favorite stage. Disregarding any tactical advantage, I just feel really comfortable playing on that stage no matter which character I use.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
=]

SV is a great stage for Pikachu, but seriously how can anyone overlook FD?
FD makes QAC'ing and thundering too easy. It gives so many advantages to Pikachu. The only problem is that a bunch of other characters benefit from FD's wide-open layout as well. But still, FD is a very, very good stage for Pikachu.

Khanxay

Smash Cadet
Battlefield is great if you have great control over your qac-ing. It let's you move to and from each platform to attack from all angles.

Final Destination is good but it's good for just about all the characters in the game. As just one simple, long platform, it doesn't allow you to mix up your approaches too much.

Smashville... Well, drive-by thunder jolts make me feel cool. =)

King~

Smash Champion
PS1 is starting to prove very useful for pikas moveset, its helped me take some tournament rounds off people.

im also realy liking frigate orpheon

And lylat is sorta gay for me but it might just be me

Anythoughts on castle seige?

Press22

Smash Journeyman
PS1 is a great Pika stage. But beware you can get caught under the stage! D:

I like Halbred myself. And I heard BF was a bad Pika stage so I worked on it and made it my best stage (I'm a beast with Platforms.)

I think Green Greens is a good Pika stage if you're one of those people who don't get hit much horizontally. (It's the smallest roofed stage in Brawl, so its good for Thunder kills.)

Pikachu ***** on allllll stages ^___^

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'm doing some Pikachu stage research. Would any of you agree with this:
:pikachu2: Pikachu
Best: Corneria, Smashville
Worst: Luigi's Mansion
It's for my thread trying to list each character's three best and worst stages. Would you agree with the current entries? And maybe some suggestions for the empty spots?

I'm also doing the same thing for the Peach boards. Any advice counterpicking against Peach?

Zylar

Smash Ace
I pretty much only play Final Destination, Corneria, and Smashville for 1-vs-1 battles. (Best stages)

Worst stages, oh yeah, luigi's mansion. And I personally do bad in Sky World and Castle Seige.

King~

Smash Champion
I'm doing some Pikachu stage research. Would any of you agree with this:

It's for my thread trying to list each character's three best and worst stages. Would you agree with the current entries? And maybe some suggestions for the empty spots?

I'm also doing the same thing for the Peach boards. Any advice counterpicking against Peach?
for the thrid good stage id say either FD or PS1

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i like norfair ALOT as pikachu. QAC can take you anywhere in the stage and every platform has an edge which means you as pika never die unless you hit a blast zone basically.

norfair's all about manuverability imo. It does break up your jolt spam but on the plus side, if you're above your opponent, they cant attacj you directly through a platform because thunderjolts circle the platforms so it has its uses.

RZA_Immortal Technique

Smash Journeyman
i prefer yoshis island and smashville.
ima try out corneria.
i think bf is an bad stage for pika, thunders cant go through, and the stage is too small to QAC.
unless your like,good with QAC-ing from platform to platform i guess its okay... o.0

!Boom!

Smash Journeyman
Corneria is Pikachu's best stage by far.

Im trying to learn how to play in Luigi's mansion since that stage is always used against me. The fact that the stage limits your thunder options the majority of the match is only one of the many reasons why this stage is bad for Pikachu.
When playing in Luigi's mansion, learn how to utilize the walls (both for defensive and offensive). Especially against projectile spammers. You can also freshen up your moves using the walls. The fact that the mansion limits KO potential doesnt help pika's difficulty in killling.

TECH AND LIVE FOREVER! OR BAN IT.

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
my picks
Halberd: Low roof, stage hazards are often unseen by opponents and the best music selection in the game.
Green Greens: Lowest roof in the game, I killed a MK at 50-60% w/ down smash last week.
Corneria: Pikachu's best level, enough said.

personally I think all the neutrals are awesome for pikachu but thats common knowledge (right?)

Top Bottom