• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pictochat Official Stage Discussion

vesperview

Smash Hero
Very weird stage by far!

Starts out flat

then the terrain starts drawing itself

Worst stage ever? What do you think?

I guess the fact that you can put music for the Wii Music Channel, does make it better, I just think the developers ran out of ideas with this one. we'll have to wait and see if the stage is as bad as first impressions predict.

BTW: Icon 21 =

Icon theory totally disproved and pwned.

Mrs. Saturn

Smash Cadet
I cant say I like this stage at all. I suppose its creative. But I still dont like it. Oh well.
I hardly even use the picto chat function.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I wouldn't completely thrash this stage yet, it seems interesting, and unpredictable. I admit it looks a little bland and boring, but it's paying homage to something, even though I never used Pictochat in my life and I can't think of a single soul who has. Though you can't say they are running out of ideas, because honestly, would you have thought of this? I wouldn't have.

Anyway, did anyone else notice the stage was represented by a DS symbol, just as Smashville was represented by the leaf symbol? This is proving to me, in my opinion, that each stage gets a symbol, and doesn't necessarily mean that a character from that franchise will be represented. I'm throwing in the towel, I will no longer support the idea of Tom Nook being in Brawl. All of the arrows are pointing in opposite directions in my eyes.

And also, this stage is very similar to Game and Watch's style, which also says to me that he isn't coming back.

I may be counting my chickens too early, but this is just what I get out of the whole thing.

Cruise

Smash Apprentice
they wont let you draw your own stages of course, otherwise you could just put one platform under a player and nothing under everyone elses so that player always wins, or you could make an enclosed sphere in which nothing can get out

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
It seems to be a "Moving Stage" that in fact doesn't move. It looks like a hybrid of Rainbow Cruise, and Pokemon Stadium.
I think they are seriously trying to address the issues with moving levels were the bottom suddenly drops out, instead, we a level that shifts with new platforms and hazards.

I wonder how many transformations it has, maybe equal to the Wario Ware stage, or perhaps more.

Nekorion

Smash Apprentice
I have this nagging feeling the "player" of the DS, that's drawing the pictures, is gonna "close the ds" and make the stage dark for a few seconds.

Tony_

Smash Ace
This stage is awesome and breaks the meta game and can also break character appearances.

Well, I shouldn't say the metagame but you all should know what I mean. :p

Tony_

Smash Ace
This stage is awesome and breaks the meta game and can also break character appearances.

Well, I shouldn't say the metagame but you all should know what I mean. :p

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Unless you end up fighting on phallus, scrotum, or breast shaped objects at one point or another on this stage, it will fail to capture the true essence of PictoChat.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Well I'll give it this: This is the most random thing I've seen in awhile.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
So the music avaliable is Mii Channel and Wii Shop Channel. Yeah, got that.
Brain Age, eh?! I suppose... That could even mean a Dr Lobe AT. Huh. Cool.
But what is the PictoChat MUSIC? No music plays in PictoChat O.o

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Wait... People DON'T like this stage?

Ah well, I thought it was amazing. Totally random and just so... I don't know! I just love it. :)

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
My only question is, how many different drawings dose it have, and how fast dose it change. If it is too fast, than it will end up being broken and unplayable. Too few of the drawing will end up leaving the stage repetitive.

If they can keep it interesting and well paced, it will end up being a fun stage, though I doubt it will be tournament legal.

Though it will be hard to play the stage at first, and just try to understand what everything dose.

Kelp Plankton

Smash Apprentice
Best stage yet? Or best stage ever? I can't decide. Probably both.

Wii Shop Channel is the best music to fight to.

lavamage

Smash Ace
Wisconsin...yay that place no one has ever heard o
How does Touch Generations disprove the icon theory? T comes after S...
They are saying that the icon theory said that every character gets an Icon, the odds of a character Rep. by a DS is well....

But honestly, why not get a DS? That would be pwnsome! (not really....)

Ok, but I really like this stage, it seems to be people are more focused on tourny play then "actual" play.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
It'd be great if we could actually draw the stage ourselves with the wiimote or a connected DS.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
It'd be great if we could actually draw the stage ourselves with the wiimote or a connected DS.
The problem would be how to we program the fancy stuff, like fire, and moving objects. Sure we can just draw a stage, but how do we tell it what kind of platform it is, solid or pass through. In order to make any real use of it, we would need a full editor mode, maybe even if it is just for this level.

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
What THE LOL?

This is insane. It'd be sweet if you could draw your own levels on the DS and transfer them over. Bout time we had some console compatability.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
What's the 'Now Entering [A]: Character Name' all about?

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Maybe the 'Now Entering' character actually does something to the stage somehow? Influences it's form or something. I know this is unlikely, but you know just throwing up suggestions.

If the 'Now Entering' thing is just about whoever lands or something, seems pretty redundant.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Normally I would LOVE this stage, it's just my style...

...But it seems with events occurring as they are, I seem to be slowly sinking to hating fun and randomness and only care about skill...that's mostly because I have no one to play against for fun...

...that is upsetting me greatly

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
Dude.

Pictochat is a stage maker you can make with your DS.

That doesnt prove anything.
As far as we no, NO IT'S NOT.

If this was the way, surely Sakurai would have mentioned it. Or, actually, more likely knowing Sakurai, made some hint at it?

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
This stage is genius. I don't care what you all think, but this stage is HILARIOUS.

The childish drawings, the randomness, the stupid text box at the bottom...

Imagine, you're playing your friends and all of the sudden you're all screaming "WTF I just got PWNED by a ****ing WHALE!?!?"

I love this.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Looks interesting, but I hope that there aren't too many hazards like the fire.

JPW

Smash Ace
Would be really cool if you could draw the stages yourself. As it is, it seems kinda barren and empty : /

I really think he could go that far. They talked about DS to Wii functionality. Could Smash Bros. be the beginning, you design your stage on the DS and send it to your Smash Bros.
We always wanted to design our own stage maybe this is the first step I know it's lame, but this reminds me a lot of Mr. Game and Watch's Flat Zone. And it's now opened up my thoughts on Mr. Game and Watch returning.

But I thought WarioWare was weird. These stages just keep on getting weirder and weirder.

Next up......

Picross Grid.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Wow. Who would have thought that we'd see a stage based on the one game that every DS owner has played for 5 seconds tops?

Although I despised Pokefloats, I actually LOVE this stage! Insanely creative. If only you could have someone drawing the stage with a Wii mote during play - or even better: make your own stages line-rider style! Hey, a guy can dream.

WIGI

Smash Champion
its like they took every hated stage from ssbm and crammed them all together..i gues thsi is waht you get. only looking forward to it if you really can make you own stages. Maybey, you wont need the ds to do it. Why not just makethe stage with teh Wiimote??

Top Bottom