• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pictures of Project Sora's office

Rudra

Smash Ace
"We want to make something that will be wanted even by the more hardcore game players, and something that offers new ideas."
That, coming fro Sakurai? This should be interesting. :laugh:
Seriously though, I am curious as to what they're making...

Wavedash Master

Smash Journeyman
"we'd have went with a plan similar to Touch Generations. But that's not I wanted."
From this, I think they're talking about the special touch hardware they have now (touch screen, like a Itouch, DS, etc.) Perhaps the sensor hardware they implemented in the Wii might have something to do with it. Also, my best guess on what they're working on is a virtual game. I'm thinking more on the lines of actually being in the game, like being able to look 360 degrees around you and everything you saw was the game. A game that used a screen that went all around you. This is pure speculation though.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
From this, I think they're talking about the special touch hardware they have now (touch screen, like a Itouch, DS, etc.) Perhaps the sensor hardware they implemented in the Wii might have something to do with it. Also, my best guess on what they're working on is a virtual game. I'm thinking more on the lines of actually being in the game, like being able to look 360 degrees around you and everything you saw was the game. A game that used a screen that went all around you. This is pure speculation though.
Do you have any idea how much that would cost? That is definitely not it.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
that seems unlikely. the amount of effort put into SSBB hacking has been huge. you won't see such extensive hacking for one game unless it's just as displeasing to so many.

Roy-G-Biv

Smash Journeyman
that seems unlikely. the amount of effort put into SSBB hacking has been huge. you won't see such extensive hacking for one game unless it's just as displeasing to so many.
But this might not have the gameplay of Melee so many ppl wanted.

Rudra

Smash Ace
But this might not have the gameplay of Melee so many ppl wanted.
It'd have to be much more than that to "warrant" hacking though (unless someone simply wanted to give it Melee-esque gameplay for some reason). Brawl was hacked (to be more competitive) because generally, it was riddled with lots of problems. There's also the fact that there was a lot of space to be used for these hacks too, which may not be the case if SSB4 came about.

Anyways, I really am curious as to what this project will lead to. The Iwata asks Project Sora site said that they expect a release around 2011, so I guess we may hear more about what they plan to bring out sometime next year or so...

Top Bottom