• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pika pika

Mesamune88

Smash Rookie
Sup fellow keepers of the knee,

How do i deal with pikachu? My friends only answer to my falcon is Pika. His play style is to sit by the edge and wait for an attack then he grabs, or dodges then grabs then throws me off and edge hogs til i see red. in between it all hes roll spamming. Its infuriating. You really notice the lag on CF's moves when fighting a pikachu. Like when simply trying to land back on the stage there's so much waiting before i can do anything compared to other characters who can land then immediately shield or roll is there something im not getting? Hes too short for N-air and U-air (while on ground).
sidenote: some off pika's moves are custom which adds to the problem

TLDR: Pikachu is interfering with justice.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Hmm, he roll spams? Then it's obvious: Falcon Kick punishes that easily.

You said he sits by the edge and waits for an attack OR he dodges and grabs you? Bait him. Dash towards him but jump at the last second. Or just roll backwards. If he dodges him, dash against him and dash attack. Juggle with uairs. If he's still shielding, dash'n'grab. It's so ridiculously FAST that it's almost impossible to dodge in this situation.

Either way, you probably need to be more unpredictable and play a little more defensively. Falcon isn't about all-out agression. Falcon is about punishing. And yeah, sometimes agression.

Rad

Smash Ace
Don't whiff anything.

I mean obviously, duh. But it's extra important against agile characters who edgeguard and juggle well.

Nocally

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3840-6058-2117
What BigLord said ^

I believe Pikachu has an advantageous match- up against Captain Falcon, but the way your friend plays should not make you unable to beat him, you just have to be smarter than your opponent.

Patrick Ray

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheAmericaMan
3DS FC
5129-2776-3291
If he shields and grabs when you come in and attack then do dash grabs. Or do a dash shield into F-Tilt while keeping his throw out of range. You can also hit him with your N-Air if you fastfall after the first kick. After playing Brawl for so long and with that game being as defensive as it is I played plenty of people that used similar play styles. It is something you just have to become accustomed to.

Top Bottom