• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pika Q&A/FAQ Thread: Ask a Quick Question, Get a Quick Answer!

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
No. Marth's sword is a disjointed hitbox. If you hit it, it won't hit marth. Pikachu's F-smash is also a Disjoint, so lets say their F-smashes hit each other, neither will get hit.

mangan

Smash Cadet
I'm a Falco main (or have been) and have been shopping around for a new character to play. Really digging Pikachu so far. Any thing that might be hard to get used to, coming from a Falco background?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Our D-tilt is relatively safe on shield.

Something that may be difficult to get used to is the cooldown on our projectile. It obviously doesn't disappear when we land, so you have to use it carefully.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@Scabe
A brief summary...
Attack from the air and camp with T-jolts. His tilts will murder you on the ground, but his air game is bad. Get him offstage and edgeguard him with thunder. Also, as leaf said, grabs are awesome in this match.

tibs7

Smash Champion
scabe I play Attila's snake sometimes
with pika and yeah juggling and baiting AD is what pika has over snake. Never ever mispace a tjolt coz like PSing them really helps snake move in with his tilts. Edgeguarding is quite good since thunders hitbox is so high <3.
I wouldn't really bother trying to insta-throw his nades back coz pikas throw is terrible >.>
so yeah, cross ups, grabs -> offstage is what you want to do. if he's in the air **** him with juggles :). Hope this helps.

tibs7

Smash Champion
i was watching K Prime vs nike today and a few time Prime would dthrow -> upsmash on marth at ~30%. is this legit or just bad DI?

Gah777

Smash Lord
Do you guys have a thread that includes pikas quick attack hurtbox "transformation"? Like what frame it happens on and how long it lasts?

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Do you guys have a thread that includes pikas quick attack hurtbox "transformation"? Like what frame it happens on and how long it lasts?
No, I'll look into doing that though.
I have a video with the distance for a 45 degree angle on QA to ledge.
Can't you QA to the ledge from any angle and distance?

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Is it any angle and distance? Its at least more then 45.

I said 45 because I only did the max distance for 45 degrees. I was showcasing something else so I didnt bother with others.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
So I was watching one of ESAM's matches, and I couldn't help but notice how he makes really good use of his short hopped autocanceled dairs. I've managed to do them into dsmash and grabs mostly. Can you do them into usmashes?

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
So I was watching one of ESAM's matches, and I couldn't help but notice how he makes really good use of his short hopped autocanceled dairs. I've managed to do them into dsmash and grabs mostly. Can you do them into usmashes?
You hit the ground without lag, so you can do anything out of them.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
I saw a video once where Pikachu used his thunder on a waking opponent from the ground it hit them like 3 times!!! I was curious if anyone could give me the link to the video.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Lucario gets hit by 3, some characters get hit by 2, most get hit by one. It would be better on all but lucario (who can still SDI it) to charge F-smash.

King~

Smash Champion
Theroy-craft question

how do you handle or think you should handle a space animal(more particularliy wolf, occasionally falco) who plays you like your playing ice climbers

i came up against this, this past weekend and i had not had experience with this yet. and since its my only experience. i dont wanna visualize/think wrong when im practicing.

just want some ideas or some knowledge of someons whos been in this situation so im prepared for it next time.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
By "plays you like you're playing ICs", do you mean extremely campy/won't come close?

King~

Smash Champion
i mean picking battlefield, hoping from one platform to another spacing bair, using refelctor apon landing, if he lands on the ground. or the once a stock risk of landing with spaced bair into f-smash.

im mosrtly refering to wolf since his airspeed is stupid, but im sure there are some falcos who do this aswell(i dont really think fox can =/)

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Pikachu is fast on the ground. Get under him. Predict shines/no shines. When no shine, FH bair. Or use T-jolts to pressure space, forcing him to less areas, then hitting him/pressuring him to mess up.

King~

Smash Champion
see this is what i thought to, i'd wait towards the middle and try to pressure him off the platforms with thunderjolts, or up airs/fairs/nairs

like i was doing this while waiting for the drop down bair, so i could punish or grab this worked to and extent but i dint give me the edge i was looking for.

perhaps ill just play it till time next time, and not let wolf get the chance for tech chases

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Wolf doesn't have anything for under him. His dair sucks, and his bair is still predictable.

BlueZebra

Smash Journeyman
A friend of mine told me he saw Anther use both of his Quick Attacks(QA1&QA2) in the same direction while midair. Is this actually possible and if so, how do you do it?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Do you mean the exact same direction? Because you can do it in pretty similar directions with no problem(a bit less than a 45 degree difference between QA's)

Top Bottom