• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pika Q&A/FAQ Thread: Ask a Quick Question, Get a Quick Answer!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Nah, I figured it out, it was actually the IC's fusion glitch, I just though it was Pikachu doing it cuz Im dumb, thanks anyway though. :p

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I actually have a replay of myself going through the right edge of the 2nd transformation of Frigate. I was trying to QA to the edge and I somehow went past the edge and into the stage. Has this ever happened to anyone?

And how should I be using ftilt? What are some good setups into ftilt and what does ftilt setup into? I know up-angled ftilt is a bit of a kill move, but that's like all I use it for.

Cassio

Smash Master
Ftilt like the guide says is a gtfo move. Its more of a counter-offensive then something you use aggressively, although theres some important cases where it should be used aggressively.

Twigz

Smash Apprentice
Hello all, Sorry if this question might be a bother... but as i've been playing brawl, i've been hearing a lot of about pikachu's frae data.. and ppl say i should use it effectively... but the sad thing is i have no idea what frame data is about, and how it can help me... so if it's not to much trouble... can someone help to enlighten me on that... or re direct me to a in depth thread about frame data.... Thanks in advance..

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Frame data is the speed of moves and how long they last/how much lag there is afterwards. It is pretty much the numbers that the game goes by as the game is progressing. The game breaks it down into 1/60th of a second, or a frame. So moves like Pikachu's nair are 3 frames, or 3/60ths of a second or 1/20th of a second. Understanding his frame data (how fast everything comes out) helps understand what moves you should use in certain situations.

Twigz

Smash Apprentice
I see thank you m8.. Gotta take a look at that frame data and see how i can implement it into my game

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
What are Pikachu's approaching options I should be using? I feel like I have trouble approaching without trying for hard reads.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
T-jolt approaches, SH fair (go in and then retreat), SH dair (same with fair) and just...slowly approaching with shields and stuff. You have to approach differently depending on the player you are fighting against/character you are fighting against.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
hahaha I mean with Pikachu
Well, sir, first you must find the tallest building in your city. Stand on the top of it with a 30 foot metal pole, and control the lightning. Once you master that, let the energy from the lightning flow from you to the controller. You don't even have to think, it will just happen because you will have the spirit of the Pikachu.

However, controlling the lightning isn't easy. The secret technique has been passed down from generation to generation in my family, and only one member per generation has it (Hence the reason Nick Riddle cannot play Pikachu). I will not give away the secret technique, but if you discover it for yourself, you will attain the ultimate prize: being as good as me. Good luck, novice.

PZ

Smash Lord
Warning! Side effects include:
ego
Jewish
quesadilla
allergies to certain fruits
increased hilarity
The only bad thing I see there is allergies to certain fruits besides that he probably be the richest smasher which is why he runs his own monthlies...

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Most preschoolers definitely do not know how to:
1) Spell quesadilla
2) Use commas before lists like that
3) Make inferences based on past events
4) Know the word "hilarity"

I would say closer to 3rd grade.

Top Bottom