• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu is the best character in the game

Borna

Smash Cadet
He can combo, rack up massive damage fast, has strong moves, has thunder, and the one of the best moves in game Down B

He is just so gud I am like 100% accurate with thunder if your in the air with 50% health or more consider yourself dead :D

forward air down b = god

then edgeguard ect with thunder
FTW

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
hardly the best. think about marth, mk, diddy, snake, and tink

Van Jones

Smash Lord
I agree with DanGR. I think Pika is deadly, but not the best.

Lol, I guess that sounds kinda bad coming from a pika main.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Best? hmm.. I believe Pikachu is up there. Best we have to analysis more on all the characters. And i don't think diddy or TLink are better than Pikachu. Snake, Meta Knight, and Marth are 3 characters i agree are good though.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Pikachu pwns Tinks, Snakes, and diddy's if you know how to use him right. All those characters rely on their projectiles to do well and the QAC makes such spammers cry.

MK and marth and wolf are tougher but with mastery of pika's tilts + good thundershock you should have the upper hand since Pika outranges both of them.

The only downhill matchup for pika is olimar. Other then that every matchup should be even to advantage pikachu (at least that I can think of)

Kai_

Smash Journeyman
Regardless of how precautious I am during battle, it's incredibly difficult for me to get around Olimar and G&W.

Though Pika loses alot of his potency with platformed stages-- thunder and thundershocks are pretty restricted.

ynomrahnsguht

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HarmonyFlame
3DS FC
0387-8828-8761
pika is sick.......but not the best at all.

i main pikachu dont worry. and i place somewhat high at tournys. but thats particularly due to the fact alot of people dont know about qac and "edgegaurd thunder *****". and also due to fact i get ***** by metaknight and falco players. :0

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
There is no best character in the game. Every character has there own strenghts and weaknesses, even with tiers. Besides, everyone will just say that their favorite or best character is the best anyway.

PeterTheLeader

Smash Rookie
You forget his chaingrabs against Fox:

IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE!

Fox has fainted!

PS. His jolts are great against Ike, Ness, and Lucas. Since they hug walls and floors, they go under ledges and are also fairly long; so when those three try to get on the platform with a recovery, they hit the jolt and do it all over again. After a couple of jolts, they will mess up their recovery and KO themselves.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pikachu pwns Tinks, Snakes, and diddy's if you know how to use him right. All those characters rely on their projectiles to do well and the QAC makes such spammers cry.

MK and marth and wolf are tougher but with mastery of pika's tilts + good thundershock you should have the upper hand since Pika outranges both of them.

The only downhill matchup for pika is olimar. Other then that every matchup should be even to advantage pikachu (at least that I can think of)
pika v tink, snake, and diddy i'd agree

,but relative matchups across the board, i'd say they're better than pikachu overall.

IC makes olimar cry, but are they better?

R.O.B.TheROCKbot

Smash Rookie
Pikachu is PIKAAWESOME.

There is no best, that's true. But pikachu is pretty up there. I've killed at 30% with thunder before. Not sure HOW. But I did.

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Not the best but every character has some advantages to them so Pika does rock =). Wouldn't go as far as saying top tier though. Psy.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Ok, so what matchups are bad for pikachu then? The only character I've ever felt outclassed by is olimar.

Piccolo_Z

Smash Rookie
Does anyone have problems fighting pit? I feel most of his moves shut down pika.

Pits forwardb and downb easily reflect downb and neutral b thunder/bolt.

As mentioned previously, pika's downb thunder can be reflected and end up hurting you.

So basicaly reflector characters could punish you if you are a thunder abuser.

Good thing I'm using QAC and other techs.

I believe pika is definitely high tier. I wouldn't put him among the top though because I feel pika has quite a bit of counter matchups.

Kai_

Smash Journeyman
As mentioned previously, pika's downb thunder can be reflected and end up hurting you.

So basicaly reflector characters could punish you if you are a thunder abuser.
That's why people many times won't stay in a single spot for Thunder. Jump around and execute it right, and you won't get punished for it.

JoeTang

Smash Cadet
He can combo, rack up massive damage fast, has strong moves, has thunder, and the one of the best moves in game Down B
Thunder is down B. You say it as if those are two separate things. The first three statements can be said about 1/3 of the cast in the game.
He is just so gud I am like 100% accurate with thunder if your in the air with 50% health or more consider yourself dead :D
Air Dodge. Shine. Psi Magnet.
forward air down b = god
By the time you finish the Forward Air, I can stop you from Thundering easily.
then edgeguard ect with thunder
FTW
Air Dodge. Sweet spot. Roll. Jump Past It -_-'

Top Bottom