• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Pikachu Q&A Thread (Ask a Quick Question, Get a Quick Answer)

infomon

Smash Scientist
To be clear, you are up-B'ing into Ness, or the PKT? I assume you are hitting with the first hit of up-B?

There are different ways to do it and of course it depends on spacing etc. so I want to know what you think is effective.

Nocally

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3840-6058-2117
I was Up-b´ing and cancelling out his PKT, I did not hit the PKT immediately at start up. (wish you could slow down the replays.)

Shaymin slicker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowshaymin
3DS FC
1547-5202-1903
So you guys know how Pikachu Destroys Ness off stage by gimping him, right? Just had a for glory match (recorded) where I Use quick attack to get back on the stage, and in doing so, I intercept Ness´s Recovery up-b and cancel it out. Just a fluke, or a reliable way to destroy ness even harder off stage?
Well if you run into Ness's PK thunder that automatically leaves him helpless. (Hopefully that isn't an obvious thing said)

Last edited:

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
soul you are confusing me immensely because K Prime had that same avatar for so long so i keep thinking you are him lol.

on the lines from last page about uthrow to thunder keep in mind that even with its nerfed range you can still uthrow then double jump in the direction with their vectoring/DI and read it.

also hai i was a pika main from cali back in brawl, dunno if ive posted here yet. ill have vids at some point, more likley when the wiiu version is out.

Soul.

soul you are confusing me immensely because K Prime had that same avatar for so long so i keep thinking you are him lol.

on the lines from last page about uthrow to thunder keep in mind that even with its nerfed range you can still uthrow then double jump in the direction with their vectoring/DI and read it.

also hai i was a pika main from brawl, dunno if ive posted here yet. ill have vids at some point, more likley when the wiiu version is out.
lel hooded pikachu da bess
No you haven't posted here yet. It's fine though. Not mandatory. Also yes, I agree with you on UThrow to Thunder.
Anyways. What is our toughest matchup again?

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
id say that with the nerfed range and inability to sh double fair marth/lucina will not be as hard as it was in brawl. I feel like with pikas lack of kill power that people who are really safe will give us more trouble, such as lucario or rosalina. rosalina Im not too sure about, but with lucarios aura buff and rage, plus his amazing new recovery, playing against him is going to be tough since we cant really gimp him and his aura will wreck us since we cant close kills as easy.

Shaymin slicker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowshaymin
3DS FC
1547-5202-1903
id say that with the nerfed range and inability to sh double fair marth/lucina will not be as hard as it was in brawl. I feel like with pikas lack of kill power that people who are really safe will give us more trouble, such as lucario or rosalina. rosalina Im not too sure about, but with lucarios aura buff and rage, plus his amazing new recovery, playing against him is going to be tough since we cant really gimp him and his aura will wreck us since we cant close kills as easy.
Pika has a real hard time against Rosa, but for the most part I can say that thunder jolting them multiple times helps a lot. Especially with Rosalina, Lucario however is a different story. I would try approaching Lucario with short hopped F aerials.

Angiance

Smash Lord
The only thing scary about Lucario is the ridiculous aura system

SH F-Air should dominate the neutral pretty well

U-Air/F-Air should work fairly well for airplay as long as we can space it properly

KOing would be U-Smash, cause you really don't wanna hit him with a horizontal KO attack just for him to recover with more aura

Last edited:

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
U-Air/F-Air should work fairly well for airplay as long as we can space it properly
even with his aerial game being nerfed, pikachu still has far less range them him. lucario will still dominate an aerial game, pikas fair cant reliable "zone" or be used to space, rather it can be used as bait. in brawl pika had the ability to land on the ground and have a very fast walk speed backwards for a short period of time, which could allow you to slide while you fsmashed or dtilted (much akin to pika sliding) but his fair will not be a reliable tool to space, as has been the case in most of pikas life in smash.

Last edited:

Soul.

Lucario is either a bad matchup or an advantage for it. Pikachu is light. Lucario is rewarded by rage, taking damage and increased Aura. Eh. Tough one.
Yeah, Marth/Lucina isn't bad now. No double FAir and decreased range. They have to full hop FAir to approach or grab. Pika can just rack up damage against them and wait for an opportunity to KO.
Rosalina is...meh. I don't know. She wins every matchup (at least that's what I heard) and some of her MUs are even.
All I know is that you shouldn't be using Thunder against her because of the potential Gravitational Pull.

Anyway, here's a reminder to all Pika mains: We have a Skype group (text only) about Pikachu in Smash 4.

BellaLunaWolf

Smash Cadet
NNID
BellaLunaWolf
3DS FC
5026-4611-0782
Anyway, here's a reminder to all Pika mains: We have a Skype group (text only) about Pikachu in Smash 4.
Ooh, may I join? My Skype name's bellalunawolf

...So, fellow Pika players... What do y'all think of that recently announced Hori Pikachu Classic Controller?

I think it's cool and hope it releases in Western countries, too.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896

...So, fellow Pika players... What do y'all think of that recently announced Hori Pikachu Classic Controller?

Omg, that looks amazing <3

Is it an official Nintendo controller? I see it has a Turbo button, not sure if they add that on GC controllers now, or if it's just a special feature of this one. Either way, it looks so amazing <3

Soul.

I'll try. If I don't add you, please remind me.
Omg, that looks amazing <3

Is it an official Nintendo controller? I see it has a Turbo button, not sure if they add that on GC controllers now, or if it's just a special feature of this one. Either way, it looks so amazing <3
Nah, it's not official. Turbo controllers aren't that good. They haven't added that feature in every official Nintendo controller.
If they made a normal GCN controller with Pikachu stuff in it, though..

Last edited:

Shaymin slicker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowshaymin
3DS FC
1547-5202-1903
Ooh, may
I join? My Skype name's bellalunawolf

I'm jealous. All I can really say is that Japan get's everything. Well pretty much when it comes to Pokemon merch. I don't even know if this would work on an american Wii U.....

I'll try. If I don't add you, please remind me.
I'd like to join this as well if you don't mind.... the name is Shadowshayminakyform

Last edited:

Vale

Smash Ace
posting here for the notifications
migrating from the brawl social thread

hi guys, i suck at smash bros but do enjoy seeing pikachu's utilt

PF9

Smash Lord
I like playing hard rock and metal music when Smashing, and with using Pikachu in particular, I usually play Thunderstruck by AC/DC as the character's theme song.

Also, I will join the Skype group once I get my copies of Smash 4.

Pikachu has been my main since the days of the N64. Smash 64 was in fact the thing that introduced me to Pokemon.

Soul.

I'll try to add people in the Skype group. If I can't, please remind me. I tend to forget about this lol.

So do any of you Pika mains have the Wii U version? Just wondering.

infomon

Smash Scientist
I do I do! Digital download, was on For Glory at midnight sharp, pika-wrecking pplz :)

The blastzones feel much closer on these stages, in all directions. On the ledge and immediately fast fall a Bair? You die before you can even jump out of the move. Maybe that was true in 3DS but I don't think so... everyone dies early, that's how it feels to me. Looks and feels awesome though. Hoping it helps Pika kill; I didn't seem to have any problems KO'ing in my 50-some FG matches. But pika's also pretty light...

Also pika feels shorter/fatter on the WiiU for some reason as compared to 3DS. Brawl pika was mad fat, which makes back-crawl look hilarious. WiiU pika looks different than brawl but still chubs compared to 3ds and back-crawl is still awesome-looking :D

BellaLunaWolf

Smash Cadet
NNID
BellaLunaWolf
3DS FC
5026-4611-0782
I have the Wii U game as well, in addition to the Pikachu Amiibo. ^_^

Soul.

I do I do! Digital download, was on For Glory at midnight sharp, pika-wrecking pplz :)

The blastzones feel much closer on these stages, in all directions. On the ledge and immediately fast fall a Bair? You die before you can even jump out of the move. Maybe that was true in 3DS but I don't think so... everyone dies early, that's how it feels to me. Looks and feels awesome though. Hoping it helps Pika kill; I didn't seem to have any problems KO'ing in my 50-some FG matches. But pika's also pretty light...

Also pika feels shorter/fatter on the WiiU for some reason as compared to 3DS. Brawl pika was mad fat, which makes back-crawl look hilarious. WiiU pika looks different than brawl but still chubs compared to 3ds and back-crawl is still awesome-looking :D
Wait, blast zones are closer? I didn't know. It should help Pikachu get KOs, if that's what you're saying. Good to know the game is awesome, even though it was obviously going to be that. Every Smash is gooood.
Are you playing with the Wii U Pro Controller by any chance? I mostly see GCN controller users on YouTube / Twitch streams.
Oh, yeah, back crawl is hilarious. It's so funny. xD
Smash 3DS still gud pls dont hate

Last edited:

infomon

Smash Scientist
Yep, Wii U Pro Controller. Every controller takes a bit of getting used to, but I love it. Gotta have X close to B so I can FH Thunderjolt :)

Biff

Smash Rookie
My Pikachu amiibo is too strong.
I think I'm the one learning now

BellaLunaWolf

Smash Cadet
NNID
BellaLunaWolf
3DS FC
5026-4611-0782
Omg have you guys seen the cute new "Onemuri Pikachu" theme on the 3DS theme shop? It's so cute...

Shaymin slicker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowshaymin
3DS FC
1547-5202-1903
Is it me or does it feel like Smash 4's Pikachu is a lot slower than Brawls Pikachu?

Last edited:

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
Just popping in to mention that like Corneria and Brinstar pikachu can quick attack through parts of Lylat Cruise so be careful playing on there, I'm too lazy at the moment to test specific spots/ certain tilts but yeah.

Also Shaymin that theme is in our shop as well.

Shaymin slicker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowshaymin
3DS FC
1547-5202-1903
Just popping in to mention that like Corneria and Brinstar pikachu can quick attack through parts of Lylat Cruise so be careful playing on there, I'm too lazy at the moment to test specific spots/ certain tilts but yeah.

Also Shaymin that theme is in our shop as well.
Oh wait your right. I didn't see the updated news until now actually. Well i'm finally glad we got something....

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
My Pikachu Amiibo is like a better version than me. I have a hard time hitting the quick attacks in succession sometimes, but it never fails.

freefun55

Smash Rookie
Pikachu Amiibo (and all for that matter) hit harder then you do even unfed!!)

Last edited:

Soul.

Pika can footstool+Nair people. That's nice.
Lmao it can? I'm gonna have to try that out...on the 3DS version that is.
I sometimes wonder how is the online on the Wii U version. Is it good like MK8's?

infomon

Smash Scientist
For footsool-Nair, you need to be careful with the timing. Tap Jump really quickly, wait like a frame and then hit Nair. So they're really quick taps back-to-back but I think the buttons need to be spaced out, you can't just roll from one to the other afaict.

WiU online is working good for me, I've never played MK8 so I can't compare. Of course it lags against many opponents but I blame their Internet, not the game intrinsically because many matches are fine.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
add meh to the skype group, my skype is Latiaslulu, screen pic is of lightning from ff13 making a stupid face.
Id love to add input in a skype chat about stuff, or just play with others.

Soul.

For footsool-Nair, you need to be careful with the timing. Tap Jump really quickly, wait like a frame and then hit Nair. So they're really quick taps back-to-back but I think the buttons need to be spaced out, you can't just roll from one to the other afaict.

WiU online is working good for me, I've never played MK8 so I can't compare. Of course it lags against many opponents but I blame their Internet, not the game intrinsically because many matches are fine.
I see. So you need to space then?
Oh lol, so it's like the 3DS version's online. Sometimes lag-free, sometimes laggy. Hmm.
add meh to the skype group, my skype is Latiaslulu, screen pic is of lightning from ff13 making a stupid face.
Id love to add input in a skype chat about stuff, or just play with others.
I'll do that later SL lol I tend to forget about adding people to the group.

Last edited:

BellaLunaWolf

Smash Cadet
NNID
BellaLunaWolf
3DS FC
5026-4611-0782
I knew that Greninja would win the last Conquest... but even so... I was still disappointed to see the team with Pikachu lose again. :sadeyes: *sheds single tear*

Top Bottom