• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu Shield Pressure

Phez_

Smash Apprentice
I personally just rapid jab super fast on shields and only characters with long range attacks OoS can punish it (e.g normally Marth can grab you after you jab his shield)
Down Smash can also shield poke very easy on small shields so sometimes (after a cross up Nair) I Down Smash them if they shield it, and it will usually shield poke

N64

Smash Champion
In that instance, SleepyK just let up his shield a little early (it mayyyy have shieldpoked,. Grounded hit of dair can be a little awkward, but it has almost no knockback and little hitstun, so if SleepyK reacted fast enough he probably could have shielded again (or shined, though I'm not sure I was close enough). Pretty sure my intent with that dair was just to catch him trying to jump at me after the roll (with a bair or something), and once I saw him shielding I just kinda drifted towards him and hoped I didn't get punished too hard. He got hit, and it looks like he either decided to try crouchcancelling the next hit, or he just was trying to input the next move of whatever he was going to do after shielding the downair, and just ate the dsmash in the confusion.

Basically, it's not good shieldpressure. It's not safe, and the reward is rarely good enough to justify the risk. If you want good shieldpressure, then dtilts are ok, shorthop nairs are pretty good/safe and often have followups, jabs and dsmash are decent as Phez said (though dsmash is pretty punishable if they shield the entirety), and rising uair -> falling uair can catch people occasionally. Probably other stuff, but that's what comes to mind.

Top Bottom