• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu 'Straight Upwards Twice' Quick Attack Recovery *NEW*

Dave_Uk

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, tbh I can't see anyone bothering with it. nm, always good to know new little tricks and randomness

_kSo_

Smash Master
dude this is so hard to do, like the precision it requires is not going to be anything short of a last resort for pika players. besides theres much better things to do such as diagonal and then horizontal which is much more useful when coming back from chasing people off

Dave_Uk

Smash Apprentice
I've not had a chance to attempt it myself as my N64's at a mates house as we used to stoner sesh. it all the time. Now I just play on keyboard online, or on my laptop at uni. And yeah your right, the extended pika upB is much more useful for recovery. I can't see the double vertical being anything more than a flashy trick people do.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
thats a wall, different

like on the ground you can do that too but what you just did was on a wall, same concept

what ant'd is doing is much different than that

Mike B.

Smash Apprentice
thats a wall, different

like on the ground you can do that too but what you just did was on a wall, same concept

what ant'd is doing is much different than that
What do you mean by "a wall"? I did the same thing, I made Piachu do his up-b move 2 times verticaly. what are you trying to get at?

Mike B.

Smash Apprentice
I have a new method of doing this!

Ok if you notice with Mupen you can see on the bottom right corner it tells you what buttons you are pressing and how much of a angle you are tilting the joystick. Well if you get it so that is say ">46" then Pikachu will do his 2x Double up b move.

Pic:

ant-d

Smash Lord
It's the same. The number is different because you are using the Mupen screen figure rather than the input plugin's figure.

Thino

Smash Master
hey you TAS videos makers , Pika's quick attack "double horizontal " do exist , maybe it doesnt work the same way as upward twice , but I've done it this afternoon

Mike B.

Smash Apprentice
hey you TAS videos makers , Pika's quick attack "double horizontal " do exist , maybe it doesnt work the same way as upward twice , but I've done it this afternoon
Alright sweet, I'm in the mood for making TAS videos so I'll try it tonight.

EDIT: I tried it all night and no luck. Here's a quick video I made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6izXVRWesc4

I don't know, maybe it can be done and I was doing something wrong. :(

cmasterchoe

Smash Journeyman
haha, good luck on a keyboard, but seriously, practical applications of this move aren't all that great... but its definitely interesting to push this game to the limit

skip430

Smash Cadet
but is it possible on a keyboard? can it actually be done? and I dont get their explainations of how to do it. what does >46 and 60 mean? (in regards to ant-d's and Mike B.'s post)

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Are you sure you didn't do it twice because you were pressed up against the floor? The ground can redirect a downwards/sideways up-b into just sideways.

skip430

Smash Cadet
MWAHAHAHAHA I JUST DID IT BY COMPLETE LUCK ONLINE HORIZONTALLY!!!!! THE OTHER GUY PAUSED THE GAME AND WAS LIKE WTF?! DID YOU JUST DO PIKACHU'S UP B MOVE TWICE HORTIZONTALLY?! I HAD!! MWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

(end of bliss)

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
You wont believe me but ive known about this since the 90s.. when the game came out.

I knew he could go upwards twice because I had done it 2 or 3 times while playing.. I had no idea how I did it though... but Ive always known it was possible.

Didnt say you had to believe me though lol I dont wanna sound like a know it all, but I swear its true :)

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
You wont believe me but ive known about this since the 90s.. when the game came out.

I knew he could go upwards twice because I had done it 2 or 3 times while playing.. I had no idea how I did it though... but Ive always known it was possible.

Didnt say you had to believe me though lol I dont wanna sound like a know it all, but I swear its true :)
i've known about it since before the game even came out. my dad was one of the programmers for smash and i specifically asked him to program it in there for me. then he did it. he's pretty amazing alright.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
If he's the best, he'd know how to double up B.
:chuckle: Nice one

i've known about it since before the game even came out. my dad was one of the programmers for smash and i specifically asked him to program it in there for me. then he did it. he's pretty amazing alright.
Ur joking right? Cuss im a gulible person and i just dont wanna fall for this one T_T

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
hahahahhahahaahhahhahaahahaa.. *high fives your dad*

Sarcasm detected.... I swear I remember doing double up B as a kid though, but by accident.

I never ever had it consistently.

whaahppnd

Smash Journeyman
pshh m3gav01t you think thats good?

i knew it before they started working on the game... MY dad is a clairvoyant

SSBPete

Smash Lord
bump :S

also i've always wanted to ask, the furthest distance with pika is straight up then diagonal-up, right?
but if you could do double diagonal-up you would cover a much larger distance...making pika even better :O

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Pika actually covers more by going up, then up, but it's less useful than up, diagonal up.

And a double direction in any way not up is impossible.

blaze3927

Smash Ace
Btw has anyone managed to do the piakchu double Up B on the n rage plugin? I can do it fine on jabo direct yet i tried TAS for nrage and got exactly 46 everytime and it still failed

Top Bottom