• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu Tournament Results (UPDATED!: 4/24/11)

THuGz

Smash Lord
^ Stealth you can't complain you live in a state with MJG/Domo/Clel/Holms/Zeton/MrDoom/Lux/Fino and when you don't go to tourneys that are 10 minutes from you. =(

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
thats another thing, i dont have the money to go to tourneys much anymore XD either way you put it im not in a good position. also i would need to be playing those kinda people on a weekly basis, at smashfests you may not get even the people who live in the city.

PZ

Smash Lord
The right word is bad.

Scrubs.

So yeah, Brick and Z are OK. Z is clearly better, and I think both Lamb and Captain L are better than them. However...the gap between me and all of those players is....still way too big. Get better guys...cmon. Play more and get smarter, becuase that is the only difference between us.
dude...u iz our stock tanker keep it up:O

linkisthebest123

Smash Journeyman
I'll say it once, I'll say it again. Captain L is in no way better then me. He is even with me at best. But I think I've pulled ahead of him. Lamb, idk, but NEITHER are in any way shape or form comparable to Z. He still is ahead of me and them by a long shot. Sorry to L and Lamb if this insults them, I don't mean it to be that way. I just feel they get too much credit for doing well in their regions, when I get next to none for doing well in mine. Don't say they live in a better region either, because I can guarantee you they don't.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
7th out of 28 @KOTC Smash Reboot, 7/23/11, http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=307668

I beat a Metaknight and an Olimar here, and that's awesome because I don't ever beat them much. I must say though, I have to thank Roller for this one. I decided to try out his "believe in myself" crap, and it actually seemed to pay off. Perhaps I'm better than I had previously thought.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I must say though, I have to thank Roller for this one. I decided to try out his "believe in myself" crap, and it actually seemed to pay off. Perhaps I'm better than I had previously thought.
You mean the EXACT same thing I told you at CoT5? :glare:

Congrats tho!

linkisthebest123

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure Captain L would have made it out of pools.
You're one to talk. I'm pretty sure you went like 2-8 or something in your first pool. I probably had one of the worst "pika" pools. A high level olimar (denti) who I took to last stock last hit every game, mikehaze (who I took a game off of) and HRnut, who albeit is a snake, I have no understanding of good snakes whatsoever, as I've played a total of 2 in my life (Havok, and now HRnut), whereas he has practice against the best pika in the world. But yes, Captain L would have destroyed my pool.

If you hadn't noticed, I'm a little mad.

As I COULD have made it out of pools. First match vs. denti, I had the lead, I could have beaten him, but because someone had stolen my controller the day before, and I had to use one I wasn't used to, I skull bashed instead of t-jolting... straight into a purple upsmash. No johns I know, but I'm sure as hell not letting people use that for reasoning that someone is better then me, when I can guarantee they aren't BETTER.

Nordal

Smash Lord
^

Saying no johns after an entire paragraph of johns :awesome:

Arguing about the order of which pikachus are better is completely pointless because the gap between ESAM and the next best is so ridiculously huge that we should focus more on improving as players instead of bickering over who is more bad.

Also how did Trevonte's twelve inches feel Brick?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
If you are talking about yourself, stop choking at nationals and prove it son.

I try to be optimistic, but you guys are either only good in your own region, or you choke when it comes to the big tournaments. That doesn't prove anybody is good. GEt smarter guys, you guys are technically inferior to me, just mentally.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
You're one to talk. I'm pretty sure you went like 2-8 or something in your first pool. I probably had one of the worst "pika" pools. A high level olimar (denti) who I took to last stock last hit every game, mikehaze (who I took a game off of) and HRnut, who albeit is a snake, I have no understanding of good snakes whatsoever, as I've played a total of 2 in my life (Havok, and now HRnut), whereas he has practice against the best pika in the world. But yes, Captain L would have destroyed my pool.

If you hadn't noticed, I'm a little mad.

As I COULD have made it out of pools. First match vs. denti, I had the lead, I could have beaten him, but because someone had stolen my controller the day before, and I had to use one I wasn't used to, I skull bashed instead of t-jolting... straight into a purple upsmash. No johns I know, but I'm sure as hell not letting people use that for reasoning that someone is better then me, when I can guarantee they aren't BETTER.
I'm actually pretty sure I didn't bring up myself either, or compared my pool to yours.

What I did say was Captain L would have likely made it out of pools, which you agreed with.

Denti>You. The results of that set make that clear. Regardless of what happened during the set. You can say you skull bashed into it, but who is to say any other pikachu is dumb enough to actually screw up a move?

Sounds like, to me at least, you have a lot of work.

And for the record, I didn't have my controller the whole week. I left it at a tournament and used one I hadn't ever used before in my life.

"OH I HAD A DIFFERENT CONTROLLER QQ"

Cassio

Smash Master
The order ESAM has is what ive been saying for months :glare: Between ESAM and Anther isnt that big. After that no ones really that close though.

Brick the problem is that is a legit reason to not be better than someone. When youre not prepared to advance you accept your placement. Weeks before Genesis I decided to prepare by playing Earthbound, and played four friendlies at Genesis before pools started. My first set I SD'd 4 times when I had leads, and the two sets after that included one SD each and losing big leads at the end of second and third games after winning the first. Thats not something to be proud of or waived around as an excuse, success is almost always a direct result of preparation.

Similar things happened with Z and Stealth. Z losing to aposles pokemon trainer and stealth losing to zigstas bowser. Stealth had probably the most impressive wins outside ESAM and both"could" have had second seed and an easier time advancing into bracket. For you, maybe HrNut would have been difficult regardless but theres no reason pika should lose as poorly as you did. Not knowing how to fight him isnt an excuse for not making it out of pools its a reason.

The only real consolation to some of these issues is that they arent difficult fixes for the next time, but you dont use them as excuses for what already happened.

ESAM you never really got to see me play :(

linkisthebest123

Smash Journeyman
What I did say was Captain L would have likely made it out of pools, which you agreed with.

Denti>You. The results of that set make that clear. Regardless of what happened during the set. You can say you skull bashed into it, but who is to say any other pikachu is dumb enough to actually screw up a move?

Sounds like, to me at least, you have a lot of work.

And for the record, I didn't have my controller the whole week. I left it at a tournament and used one I hadn't ever used before in my life.

"OH I HAD A DIFFERENT CONTROLLER QQ"
First part, if he had an easier pool, yeah.

Denti>me? So your saying that Zex>Esam? Results of one set makes that statement COMPLETELY true. You are so right.

As for the controller thing, you may not be at a high enough level to understand the necessity to know your controller VERY well to play the best you can. Doing something on one controller (reverse t jolt back away/move foward with the t jolt) can result in a skull bash on another. I still don't understand what you meant with the whole screwing it up.

Also at Cassio, who did stealth beat that was so impressive?

And finally, when I get shield poked 3 times from snake uptilt, on a nearly FULL shield, each barely above the percent needed to kill me, thats not me doing poorly. Thats just bs happening. First match was last stock last hit. I had him killed, but again, lack of my controller resulted in me doing a misinput. Which allowed him to get away, and eventually, kill me. But yeah, I did very poorly against him. I'm sure you would have ***** him.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Nah.

Zex>Esam until ESAM wins again.

Even without your ridiculous johns though, Denti would have ***** you, no spit, TEXAS STYLE MOTHER ****ER, if I hadn't told him to take it easy on you because you had confidence problems.

And I'm pretty sure you are trolling. Because when I realized I didn't have my controller I was debating driving the 4 hours to get it. I know exactly what a different controller can do, but that's no excuse to be crying online about.

And I'm pretty sure snake uptilting a shield poke is either you being too dumb to realize to tilt your shield, or you being too dumb to get in the situation in the first place.

Roller

Smash Legend
7th out of 28 @KOTC Smash Reboot, 7/23/11, http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=307668

I beat a Metaknight and an Olimar here, and that's awesome because I don't ever beat them much. I must say though, I have to thank Roller for this one. I decided to try out his "believe in myself" crap, and it actually seemed to pay off. Perhaps I'm better than I had previously thought.
Good **** man, 7th is an improvement for sure. Keep working at it! Also, let me know which tourney you're going to next if I'm remotely on the way to it. Haven't been to an NY/NJ tourney in a while now.

Also. Nordal's new avy is approved.

Cassio

Smash Master
ESAM knocked zex into losers, and still has more games on him overall.

Stealth beat choice, jamntoast, and I forget the rest of his pool.
And finally, when I get shield poked 3 times from snake uptilt, on a nearly FULL shield, each barely above the percent needed to kill me, thats not me doing poorly. Thats just bs happening.
I saw, neither game looked very close. And it makes zero sense for your shield to be poked as full as it was. However unless you had a broken brawl disk, the more likely explanation and what I frequently see in other matches is that you let your shield down for a split second to grab or to do something else and got hit. Seriously just accept the loss and learn the MU. It was clear you didnt from the second you didnt fight for port priority in either match.

GOAT22

Smash Cadet
I had to use different controller than my regular one too and i did fine lol. My cstick had broken prior to genesis(like the day before ) and i had to borrow my friends prior to the tourney. No johns lol. I beat denti xDDDDDDDDDDD

my 11th post i think rofl

-trevonte

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
You mean the EXACT same thing I told you at CoT5? :glare:
Roller told me to do it, you merely suggested it. :p

Good **** man, 7th is an improvement for sure. Keep working at it! Also, let me know which tourney you're going to next if I'm remotely on the way to it. Haven't been to an NY/NJ tourney in a while now.
Thanks, it felt really good getting 7th. The MK I beat and I ended up getting down to our last stocks, high percents of our final match of the set. I was quite literally shaking after beating him, I was sooo scared that I was gonna lose.

My next tourney's gonna be KTAR6 (which is at the exact same venue as KTAR5, by the way), so I'll definitely be able to pick you up again if you're willing to go.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
the drama llama is pleased

also

If you are talking about yourself, stop choking at nationals and prove it son.

I try to be optimistic, but you guys are either only good in your own region, or you choke when it comes to the big tournaments. That doesn't prove anybody is good. GEt smarter guys, you guys are technically inferior to me, just mentally.
im weird i do so much better at nationals then at locals, pisses me off really. still suck either way

also i beat noone impressive tag XD choice had a super bad matchup vs me then couterpicked a newish char vs me that i have good exp against. i dont know how good jam and toast does in his region so i cant comment. everyone else i beat in my pool was baaaaaaaad LOL

linkisthebest123

Smash Journeyman
I never realized beating a wolf with pika was an accomplishment.

I also didn't realize beating jamntoast was an accomplishment either, since I 2 stocked him at my 2nd tournament ever. My first oos one.

ohand @trevonte. IDK if your considering our mm a victory or not, but don't. Because I full heartedly felt like I was gonna quit the game when I started the mm against you. I didn't wanna play at all, as you probably realized when I quit after the first match. Our next mm will be much closer lmao.

Roller

Smash Legend
I wasn't gonna say anything to you Brick since you and I were fine at the tourney and I didn't want to start anything again. But since you are going way out of your way to john about the Trevonte match. I just thought I'd post something you posted not too long ago on these boards. In the hopes that you will be a man of your word and drop the issue.

If you think you can beat Trevonte next time, then prove it at that point in time. As of now, he's proven he can beat you, and you have done nothing to prove you can beat him. Until that changes, the best move would be to practice for next time and don't make a big deal out of it on the boards and by so doing call more attention to it.

I never john about anything except how bad I am if I lose offline lol.

If I lose there, its not anyones fault but my own.

GOAT22

Smash Cadet
I never realized beating a wolf with pika was an accomplishment.

I also didn't realize beating jamntoast was an accomplishment either, since I 2 stocked him at my 2nd tournament ever. My first oos one.

ohand @trevonte. IDK if your considering our mm a victory or not, but don't. Because I full heartedly felt like I was gonna quit the game when I started the mm against you. I didn't wanna play at all, as you probably realized when I quit after the first match. Our next mm will be much closer lmao.
i just want to know why u accepted it in the first place if you felt that way lol

Captain L

Smash Champion
at least I can beat viviff ;)

but in all honesty Brick was even with me last time we both played, and he has most likely pulled ahead due to having like a ton of experience lately while I've just barely gotten my wii working again.

Cassio

Smash Master
I never said it was an actual accomplishment or super impressive, only that it's the best of the non-ESAM pikas. You take what you can get, lol.

Top Bottom