• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu - Triple quick attack?

shooperman

Smash Rookie
I've searched this forum and the internet for hours looking for an answer or a video but have still failed to find one.

Can someone settle this for me? Can Pikachu's quick attack be used three (3) times.

well you get the point... three phases of the quick attack.

and if yes, are there any limitations on it? like you can't use the same direction twice, so you could do "up, right, down" but not "left, up, left"

in SSB64, specifically

thanks

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
No he cant

If he can, it will be really anoying: quick attacking from on to other sid of the field

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
There are times that he can actually. Well not really. He just makes 3 quick attack sounds. You can only do it sometimes if you're up against a platform during your 2nd quick attack.

PwnYouBoomerangStyle

Smash Cadet
I think if you used an emulator you could constantly use swift around Pika's map if you knew how to edge slip. I was playin a game against a Pikachu yesterday, all poke'balls, his map, he bounced twice, edge slipped, bounced twice again, poke'ball, Chancey... twas epic

_Ubemaya_

Smash Cadet
Hmm... I remember a few years ago I saw some people who were able to do 3 quick attacks. However, each little movement was much smaller than the normal movements.

PikashoX

Smash Apprentice
its not possible...

pikachu is already broken enough

...however it IS possible to hear three quick attack sounds (evident on one of isai's videos)

PwnYouBoomerangStyle

Smash Cadet
I think if you used an emulator you could constantly use swift around Pika's map if you knew how to edge slip. I was playin a game against a Pikachu yesterday, all poke'balls, his map, he bounced twice, edge slipped, bounced twice again, poke'ball, Chancey... twas epic
I like how nobody paid any attention to my input on the topic, you all just decide that it's IMPOSSIBLE before even looking into the edge slip haxx.

......newbs.

Nesco

Smash Rookie
I'm sure it's possible, I remember it from my N64 time. That was the European version though.

Haven't seen it on emulator version though

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
I like how nobody paid any attention to my input on the topic, you all just decide that it's IMPOSSIBLE before even looking into the edge slip haxx.

......newbs.
What you're saying is doing the equivilent of quick attack, landing and then doing it again. Just you're running off the platform quickly after you land. So it's not doing three phases of the quick attack, just the normal amount with landing inbetween.

I'm sure it's possible, I remember it from my N64 time. That was the European version though.

Haven't seen it on emulator version though
I use the European version, and I've never seen it. Might just be your version, or I might not have found it out yet, but I'll look into it :p

ant-d

Smash Lord
I've seen it done on EU version on console. The '3rd' part is very small, extended quick attack is better.

nuro

Smash Lord
I remember my friend doing three quick attacks when I was playing him. Although, it was a very long time ago; around the time when the game first came out. Actually I'm pretty sure that I did see three quick attacks but at this point it was so long ago so I am not guaranteeing it exists..

This was on the United States version.

You may have gotten confused with multiple other things. Such as the two quick attacks in the same direction or the sound of a third one when your on a platform.

In all I think the 3 quick attacks does exist its just that its nearly impossible to do or that it is a very dark hidden secret inside the of the game.

Top Bottom