• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu's move analysis

Tagxy

Smash Lord
both.

i need a video of the dair stuff since it sounds so weird, if only i had recent vids.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
Excellent thread. Ima keep this in mind when i start magic Pika training and I probably should re-evaluate the way I use Peach's moveset too. I like this.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Yes leaf you can contribute too :p

Dash Attack at mid-high percents when opponents with bad/mediocre/verticle recoveries are close enough to the ledge; its my favorite time to use dash attack since itll knock them offstage for them to take more damage or lose their stock.

Skull Bash if youre caught highish in the air and your opponent is in a good position to punish a stage landing.

Full hop auto-cancelled Dairs. This one is honestly amazing, but I dont see people really using it.
When we had our wifi matches, one of the coolest things you did on pikachu was ledge hop dair :bee: Thats such a fun way of trapping an opponent whose recovering when they dont see it

I rarely dair in the air unless i got an opponent who has a air dodging habit or im comboing a fatty or i need to QAC into Dair.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
I still think more people should add their thoughts on how they use certain moves. This is a very stylistic type discussion that could really help incorporate new ways to mix things up.

For instance I just noticed that ESAM uses uair to force the opponent into awkward landings he punishes with fsmash.

Nordal

Smash Lord
Uair-> better punishes has been done for years now. But I do agree more focus on reads should be done.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I do prefer using Uair for side way or underneath punishes and doing Uair strings when i get the opportunity to, which isnt often and i like it that way cause then i feel i dont make a habit of it. Obviously on characters like Lucario and Tink i find ways to avoid being underneath them when it comes to using Uair. I don't like FF Uairing because then i get punished for the delay on it.

I also got a bad habit of using ftilt as a punisher, dtilt is a much better ground tool for shielders/punishing/tripping for grabs. People pshield my ftilt and i get the business for it.

Top Bottom