• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pikachu's thunder...

Loup17

Smash Apprentice
...can be reflected.

found this out recently, don't know if it was already known. no, it's not specific to wolf only, but it does affect him. thunder counts as an energy projectile and can be reflected. just a little useful tidbit of information.

Recognize

Smash Journeyman
Fun fact, Pikachu's Thunder can be countered by Marth/Ike. Actually this is not a fun fact. Its a pretty stupid and useless fact to these boards.

Loup17

Smash Apprentice
hey it didn't know it was a projectile, chill.

the counters are all obvious, reflection is not.

and for the record, it does work next to him on the ground. it won't look like it does, but you'll notice he takes alot more damage than a usual reflector zap.

Depressed Man

Smash Apprentice
R.O.B can also reflect it with his side b if aimed properly (which is pretty funny). Didn't know that Wolf (and the other space animals?) can do it though.

Christianr89

Smash Rookie
and for the record, it does work next to him on the ground. it won't look like it does, but you'll notice he takes alot more damage than a usual reflector zap.
well, as far as not getting yourself hit, which is usually the point of reflecting, it does not. I have tried it before.

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
Which direction does it reflect in? Common sense tells me that it should reflect back up but that wouldn't be useful.

Christianr89

Smash Rookie
not completely sure, but i think it reflects down into pikachu for some reason or another. I'll have to test it again, its been a while.

AmigoOne

Smash Journeyman
Uh, already discovered. Direction does not change. Basically, that bolt of lightning is yours once reflected and will hurt everyone else who touches it.

acv

Smash Journeyman
has anybody tested what would happen if thunder got reflected between 2 reflectors?

Loup17

Smash Apprentice
lol, no. but i figure neither one of them would be hurt by it, assuming they both kept their reflectors up.

havocnetwork

Smash Cadet
Maybe it will do what Pit's arrow does when both use their 'reflector'.

It seems as if it's going to go endlessly but it ends, but it's pretty funny to watch if Pit fires his arrow at you and you use your reflector and he is fast enough to put his little shield up then it just bounces back and forth.

Juggalo

Smash Journeyman
Note: If you're offended easily and/or have no sense of humor, don't read this post or anything else I post from here-on out.

*cough even fox's shine in melee did the same thing* (not sure about ssb64 but someone use their emulator and find out for me please?)

All reflectors do it (even pit's down b and robs forward b)
Ness/Lucas standing on a platform and using the fsmash I'm not so sure about, but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it worked.

old news.

as far as the thunder between 2 reflectors comment - no bueno.
You don't actually reflect the thunder at all, it passes right through you and just so happens to hurt pikachu. You could have 3 people reflecting it and it would still only hurt Pikachu

jeanslagoon

Smash Rookie
Oddly enough my good friend loves to use pikachu, and when i used this on him he never once saw that his thunder was doing damage to him... he never questioned why his pikachu went flying off the screen one time... but after awhile it was hard for me to pull off.. but still a very fun fact none the less

FinalLegend

Smash Rookie
its not new.. like almost all the people who uses a char that has a reflector knows that you can reflect pikachus thunder when your above him

KurageWolf

Smash Rookie
I just now found out about this. Very useful peice of info. I brawl alot of pika's that ***** out thunder. -grins evily-

Top Bottom