• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PikaZoo's Deluxe Melee Tournament III 3/10/2013

_kSo_

Smash Master
Hello, and thanks to everyone who came out to make this tournament as fun and as successful as it was! (Special thanks to Sunny for reserving the venue for us! )

Singles Results (30 entrants):
1: Eddy ($90.00)
2: Westballz ($45.00)
3: STAB ($15.00)
4: Bimbo
5: OkamiBW
5: Sung
7: Bizzaro Flame
7: Rickety
9: Sunny
9: Zen
9: CunningKitsune
9: Bone
13: zig zag
13: St. Patrick
13: Combofest
13: ShaseiM4st3r
Singles Bracket:

Singles Pools:
Pool 1:
http://i.imgur.com/cCXDI5b.png
Pool 2:
http://i.imgur.com/u8HkUPq.png
Pool 3:
http://i.imgur.com/Y7dVHb1.png
Pool 4:
http://i.imgur.com/Ew4pSek.png
Pool 5:
http://i.imgur.com/EblA8kw.png

===================
Doubles Results (11 teams):
1: STAB + Sung (STAB + Sung) ($60.00)
2: Okami Ball Z (Okami + Westballz) ($30.00)
3: Eddy + Bimbo ($10.00)
4: KTF MagicNs (CunningKitsune + Goosfactor)
5: Aceflight + Nawnscents (Aceflight + Nawnscents)
5: DS (Yuta + Sunny)
7: PikaSizzle (Pikazoo + Sizzle)
7: Lanstar + Bone (Lanstar + Bone)
9: We're Actually doing this (Gold Dart + Zig Zag)
13: T4 + tyler (T4 + tyler)
Doubles Bracket:
http://i.imgur.com/xFBXrcU.png

Thanks again, everyone! :) See you all next time!

_kSo_

Smash Master
because he came to cali with goose to visit me. The tournament was held because he was coming. Not the other way around.

Tinkster

Smash Apprentice
considering cunning never enters MW singles tournies anymore, ever, id say he tried is best -_-.

Sizzle

I paint controllers
Cunning was awesome and everyone there knows how good he is regardless of the results. Thanks for hosting Alan, I had a great smash weekend chilling with the homies from LA and Irvine and meeting new people too.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
Either way if I'm in a different area and there is a tournament speciallY with my name on the title I'd try my best
There are many things short-sighted with your sentiments in this thread.

First of all, you're not a legend.

If you became a legend, your sentiments may change.

How in the world can you have participated in the community this long and not realize who Cunning Kitsune is? I predict you'll claim you "know" who he is, but you obviously don't know; your ignorance speaks for itself in this thread.

Most importantly, why are you implying everyone should be like you? That'd be boring.

Obviously you care a lot about your tournament performance. Hence your sig. That's because you have something to prove. When you get to a certain level of maturity and efficacy, however, you don't.

That should be respected, not denigrated.

Indeed, an argument can be made that because you feel like you have something to prove is why you regularly choke in tournament. Is your biggest accomplishment embarrassing a random Link in a friendly?

It's a good thing everybody is not like you.

On another note, dang, Wes got *****. It's only fair to call him out on getting ***** considering how much **** he talks. Hope Kage's not reading this!

Upload Eddy v Wes already, Okami. No one cares about scrubs and/or pools. When's the last time a Luigi won a tournament? Shoutouts to Mormons.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
That is correct. :(

However, whether I'm a scub or not is irrelevant. I just thought it was funny that you ended your post with "No one cares" after telling J666 that he is wrong to imply that people would think/act like him in that situation just like how you just now implied that people don't care about tournament matches unless they're well-known players or matches that aren't pools.
Well, I know Okami, so I can trust that my tone will not be misconstrued.

You, however, don't know me, so you are apt to misconstrue.

-shrugs- I'm not sure why you're trying to lock me into a contradiction predicated on my belief in the absolute. I'd be the first to admit we're all hypocrites so idgaf. It's not a game or some kind of scientific construction of a post that is framed to be bulletproof; they're simple messages to people I've met in person. Therefore it stands that if I phrase a post towards/about/in the environment of people I don't know (colloquially referred to as "randoms" for ****s and giggles), you can infer the same meaning, passed down in the unique contextual filter of randomness.

After admittance of that your argument collapses like [insert irrelevant simile]. Look at the views of GF vids between top Californian talent and the view count of the pools matches of the same tournament. Compare. That is how "right" I am. I'll bet on that all da time knawmsayin'.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
Clearly I am one of those who cares the most, since despite my best intentions I keep watching videos. There are probably at 75-100 gamer tags who, when they face each other, I'd at least glance at.

They're pretty good players. Yet, more times than not, they still have a tremendously low amount of views. Sometimes between two extremely well-known players (a Fox ditto between Unknown and RaynEX comes to mind; they played three or four consecutive games on Fountain of Dreams, if you're really curious as to which one; rest assured a Vyse0wnz comment lies in wait upon your finding it). It largely depends on the YouTube account it's uploaded to.

To put it into TL;DR terms: big name matches get about a 90-95% care rate. Pools matches between randoms get about a 5% care rate. So I am roughly 90-95 percent "right" and ~5 percent "wrong," for the sake of this ultimately irrelevant tete-a-tete.

In this particular case I posted because I have observed a general pattern, one that inks me. You see, "hype," otherwise known as "interest" or "attention span," is best maximized immediately, or as close to, after a tournament. When a human hears about a tournament -- "Results? Eddy beat Wes? Link?" -- there is a significant impact to the psyche, and therefore to the scene's exposure, when you can tie the results with a quick upload of the grand finals.

But now a week has passed and it's like, Oh, Eddy beat Wes. Whatever. I personally don't care as much. Whereas I might've watched the entire set last week, there is little chance I do now. The lack of immediacy has, for better of worse, substantially lowered my interest.

I cannot prove this "scientifically" (nor would the effort vs reward be in favor of "reward" by attempting to do so), but suffice to say I doubt the grand finals, when eventually uploaded, sees >1K views. I doubt it sees > than 600 views, actually.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
@Morino - OkamiBW

I was fairly busy this weekend. I've got them all set to upload. If you don't watch the videos, P, so be it. They're still being uploaded.

P.S. I'm not Bifuteki who still hasn't uploaded matches from APEX 2013.

Top Bottom