• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikmin 2

sum41

Smash Ace
Reviews Please

I read somewhere that it comes out today. Anybody get a copy? I'm still unsure if I want to get it or not.

Zero EXE

Smash Journeyman
Nope. It was released today, but won't be in stores until tomorrow. I CAN'T FREAKIN' WAIT ANYT LONGER!!.....which is why I played the demo a while ago, and discovered something to back up my theory of 'cameo treasures':

Actually, it was a key in an underground level, but when I got close to it, Olimar's computer ( The hovering pink thing in some of the screenshots) flew over and made the comment, "This key seems familiar. Have we seen this somewhere else?" The key looks just like a key from Mario vs. Donkey Kong!

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
It's actually the key from Donkey Kong for the original Game Boy, which Mario vs. Donkey Kong used. You know Nintendo, why make something new when you can reused it.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Hopefully by now we all know what each pikimin can do...

Red (the best ever): can stand up against fire

Blue: can live in water

Yellow: are the lightest and are the only ones who can carry bombs

Purple: are ugly but are very strong (and heavy)

White: can... *drumroll* posion badies!

I personally can't wait till this game comes out... actually I might just make myself a pikimin 2 banner soon...

SilvenswordsmanX

Smash Ace
Originally posted by Cashed
Wow, Nine. I said the exact same thing (Minus about 20 hot dogs :p) on GameFAQs a few days ago when IGN first got the commercial up. Including saying it's the best Nintendo commercial since Super Smash Bros. for N64.

Anyways, the game has some new finalized box art, it shows more action than the first version. On the left is the old version, on the right is the new.

Ummm...what action??? The first pic has nothing but some lame blue pikmin about to die and the other four about to eat their berries... Yellow pikmin can withstand ELECTRICITY!!! I have the "Nintendo Power" right here to prove it bi0tch. If I had a scanner I'd scan the page.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Originally posted by SilvenswordsmanX
Ummm...what action??? The first pic has nothing but some lame blue pikmin about to die and the other four about to eat their berries...
Uh, the one you're referring to is the one he said was boring. The new one, the one on the right that you didn't mention, has them fighting what looks like a crawfish, which is more exciting than them standing there.

Yellow pikmin can withstand ELECTRICITY!!! I have the "Nintendo Power" right here to prove it bi0tch. If I had a scanner I'd scan the page.
I just said that, minus the Nintendo Power.

Zero EXE

Smash Journeyman
*Bump!*

So uh.....how far is everyone else in the game?
I repaid the 10,000 Poko debt just a few days after gettingit.
This game's WAY more challenging though, which really makes it kick butt in my book.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I'll get it... probably just not till Christmas. I'm trying to limit myself with games I buy, only ones I know I absolutely MUST have. I'm also trying to buy as many as I can so I don't feel bad asking my parents for 4 or 5 games this year.

I've heard nothing but good things about the game... I wish one of my friends could buy it and I could steal it. :p

Dapenda

Smash Champion
Does anyone have their review of the game, is the multiplayer worth buying the game for

Stopsign

Smash Ace
I'll probably sneek this game from a friend if possible. Most likely from what I have heard the game is getting around a 90%. To many good games coming out this fall.

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, this game looks very tempting, but I'm just not willing to plop down fifty bucks for it at this point with so many other games (and the DS) coming out this fall, so maybe I'll get it when it goes down....

Site/magazine reviews:

IGN: 9.3
Gamespot: 9.2
Gamespy: 4.5/5
Planet GameCube: 9/10
Game Informer: 8.75/10
GamePro: 5/5
EGM: 8.83/10
GMR Magazine: 8.0
Nintendo Power: 4.9/5
Cube UK: 9.3/10

Pretty good reviews across the board. According to Game Rankings, the average score based on 27 reviews was a 9/10 (90%).

That seems pretty good to me. Well, duh.

And that new box art rocks! I love the claymatuon and the lobster.

Raccoon87

Smash Lord
The Pikmin 2 commercial blows the Super Smash Brothers commercial out of the water, by the way.

If anyone's read the titles of the items (NP has items for the first three zones, I think), then you know that they've come up with great names for the items. I'm just really glad that they didn't slap some stuff together to make this game.

Bahful

Smash Apprentice
I must admit, the multiplayer in this game certainly took me by surprise, in that I wasn't expecting it to be so **** fun. A friend and I rented it for the weekend and we spent a good chunk of the first day just screwing each other over time and again in Battle mode. I honestly haven't had such a rich and purely fun multiplayer experience since our four person split rental of Wario Ware.

So, yeah, Dapenda, the multiplayer certainly makes this game a welcome addition to anyone's game library. I'm planning to actually purchase this game soon myself to see how the single player stacks up to the original Pikmin (and my expectations are high).

Word of warning: Louie's lima bean head may frighten younger children.

Stopsign

Smash Ace
Yeah I just saw the add while I was flipping through the channels. All I can say is Hotdog. I also got my first few hours of gameplay at my friends house. It was awesome but he was still in the middle of the game so he wouldn't give it up.

CozaMonkey

Smash Journeyman
I got this game a few days ago. The first thing I have to say is that the multiplayer, is SO FUN. It's just pure awesomeness. The single-player is awesome as well. Honestly a game everyone should consider getting.

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, I finally caved and bought the game, and from my limited playtime it's great. The polish on the game is incredible... there is a fine attention to detail that reminds me of Smash Bros. Melee (think of the trophy system, except it's like a massive encyclopedia). The gameplay is fun, addictive, and thought-provoking. Very unique and creative. Lots to do (haven't tried the multiplayer mode) and overall very nice so far.

*goes back to playing*

Stopsign

Smash Ace
I just had another sleepless night at my friends house playing Pikmin 2 and Super Smash. Pikmin 2 multi player and challenge mode filled most of the night. It was fun very fun. The game is very well polished the piklopedia is the best system I've ever seen. I give my thanks to Nintendo for putting all the extra time on this game, it is what makes it so awesome.

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
I just got the last Pink Flower in Challenge mode which means that I've beaten Pikmin 100%!!!!

This has been the best game I've bought this year. Very very excellent, shows that Nintendo can still make kick arse franchises.

I can honestly say that I've played Pikmin 2 more than 100 hours. I spent 54 hours on the main adventure, and I'v spent countless hours battling my friend who fell in love with Pikmin 2, and dang some of the challenges have required many many hours to beat. Especially Secret Testing Range was a pain because Man-At-Legs is the cruelest boss ever.

Too bad its sales pretty much sucks in NA.

It sold 30k in October... :(

Dry-Bones

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it's a great game. I'm stuck on that stupid boss, Ranging Bloyster. I hate him. Any help on defeating him? And yeah, I tried that challenge with Man-At-Legs, I never lasted after the red laser. And when looking in the Piklopedia, I found out that pressing the Z button will turn the creature to stone, like that Purple Bitter Spray.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I wish I could find this game. It was out for like a whole year, and then no one carried it anymore. Sup with that???

Top Bottom