• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikmin & Olimar Land into Brawl

stepmaniers13

Smash Cadet
Now that Olimar is in brawl, and Size no longer matters... Chibi robo's chances are higher! lol
Size never mattered. See the first posting on the Dojo about SSE, where he mentions trophies fight. Trophies in the Smash Bros. universe are always within the same scale as each other and size of the characters never mattered.

Lipucd

Smash Apprentice
Olimar vs Olimar vs Olimar vs Olimar....

I can only imagine the possibilities...
...Lag...And if they have a stage that lags w/ four people...

UBER LAG! *Points at fountain of dreams*

Maybe even crash a-la black hole? XD

I am sure though that this has been giving the most dedication to make sure nothing lake that happens. ;)

Phred

Smash Journeyman
This is made of pure awesomeness.
Tomorrow is bound to be his special moves, so I'll await that eagerly!

Lipucd

Smash Apprentice

Spot the difference.

Its GOTTA be that one! Its the only on in space! [/Sarcasm]

But meh, I think the Pikmin make up for it because I am sure they will respond to every hit they take. =p

Dashiamo

Smash Cadet
Tomorrows update, Olimar's special moves.
This is the way i see it:

\/ B - Pluck Pikmin
< > - Throw Pikmin
/\ B - Jumps on one of the pikmin and springs upwars, he loses that pikmin
Neutral B - Somthing else to do with pikmin i'm not sure, possibly whip his antena or something?

alexbarker116

Smash Cadet
Tomorrows update, Olimar's special moves.
This is the way i see it:

\/ B - Pluck Pikmin
< > - Throw Pikmin
/\ B - Jumps on one of the pikmin and springs upwars, he loses that pikmin
Neutral B - Somthing else to do with pikmin i'm not sure, possibly whip his antena or something?
i beleive his neutral b will be throw pijmin and when he runs out his whistle... that way kirby can "steal" olimars pikmin... lol

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
Olimar is definitely an awesome, unique character to add to the roster.
So long as he throws Pikmin as part of his moveset his possibility of being one of my mains is quite good.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
One of my four wanted characters are in! Woohoo!

I can only hope for the other three now.

The music is made of win, even if it doesn't fit a fight.

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
What? A new character update? I must be dreaming. *Jumps off of roof of house* Aw crap! this is real and I just did that! I am an idiot!

Olimar seems like an interesting character, but we'll have to wait and see to figure out how he plays. But what is important to me about this update (I was indiffrent to rather he got in or not) is that this is a new character update, which is always exciting. I just hope that the rest of this week isn't deticated to his special moves and B.A.C.O.N., those are decent updates, but I want to see new game modes, stages and characters first
LOL "B.A.C.O.N."???
Well.... sweet! I was never very interested in Olimar, but I suppose that could be changed. Though I... can't really just pick up one of his games due to "monetary restrictions" ( no monies ).
Anyone have any ideas for a way to make myself like him?
I can rent Pikmin 2 through my library absolutely free :D
well that depends...does anyone kno how the ending of Pikimin 2 went?
Um...there wasn't much of an ending,
you pay the debt, get the gold ship, and rescue Louie from the final boss...
I guess his B is just throwing them though :\

But this is the best wekk of my life!! Both C. Falcon & C.Olimar confimations :D The captains in da house of brawl ;)
Say WHAT? Since when is CF confirmed??
Index&Middle -> Pinkie
???
This update was just awesome. I just wonder if by "scatter", if they're bringing back that one aspect of the game when some Pikmin just do whatever the hell they want and listen to you as little as possible.
Still, I like the games and am gonna love trying Olimar out.
The pikmin are like mindless automatons, they don't really have free will. They very rarely do things without your command.
Some people seem to think it will be like another Nana, but if you play the games, Olimar has near-total control of them. You can command them to attack, build, or carry, but they usually only do one think at a time, and won't move around the map on their own, and they follow Olimar rather closely. But it would be funny if you could get them to chase enemies around in Brawl like they did in Pikmin. I'm thinking maybe his B move will Whistle; this could have an effect on enemies, like Mewtwo's Confusion. And then if Kirby used it he could steal Olimar's Pikmin too. Actually, it would be kind o cool for ANY copy ability. It's not like Olimar can't get more. I think his Final Smash may be a Yellow Pikmin Air Strike with bomb rocks.

BIG-T

Smash Apprentice
I dont know why all of you like this guy. You know guys, some characters are just gonna suck and this is one of them. He looks mad slow and stiff. You need pikmin to do smash atts. He just looks like pure failure to me.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I dont know why all of you like this guy. You know guys, some characters are just gonna suck and this is one of them. He looks mad slow and stiff. You need pikmin to do smash atts. He just looks like pure failure to me.
And I'm pretty sure you look like pure failure to him. So everyone's happy.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Hurrah for a new character, FINALLY!

Like Lucas, I didn't really WANT Captain Olimar as a playable character, nor did I NOT want him in; I was more neutral towards him. While I did think his microscopic size would be a problem, like many other characters in Brawl, it seems that it wasn't an issue.

Congrats to Olimar; he looks like an interesting character!

mcs

Smash Cadet
I know some captain falcon fans are very angry now....yep....steaming mad. not me though.
cause this update is great!

oh and what will kirby look like with his ability? im guessing he will copy the pikmen abilities XD

Onion Knight

Smash Cadet
OMG this is the best update I have seen. I love Pikmin :D
I was really drunk when I saw the update and spilt salsa all over my keyboard as I screamed in joy. My room mate was confused until I played the Pikmin music. I was very very happy :D

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
In all this time, I never thought that Captain Olimar would be in Brawl. Though I have never played Pikmin in my entire life, I got to say that I'm glad we finally got a new character for Brawl after all this time. Now we have more hype. Yayz! :)

I know some captain falcon fans are very angry now....yep....steaming mad. not me though.
cause this update is great!

oh and what will kirby look like with his ability? im guessing he will copy the pikmen abilities XD
That reminds me. Sakurai, announce Captain Falcon already!

Smash Ace
Hmmm... not one of the characters I would have chosen. I guess I'll just accept him now that he's confirmed... kinda like I did with Sonic.
BTW, this thread should have been titled: "The Captain joins the Brawl" or something else. I like Mic's titles way better.
=2007=

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
Wow, Olimar!

I keep forgetting he is really in Brawl. It all seemed just a fantasy/wish of mine, but hes really here. I have to keep going to the Dojo to relook at it every couple of hours. It seems like those fake sites that put up their own characters. Mojo?

Anth0ny

Smash Master
*gasp* A new character! As much as I don't care for Olimar, the fact that we got a character update is truly awesome.

burrito

Smash Lord
Whether Olimar is an efficient character for competitive play or not, some characters are just fun to play as.

Rodriguezjr

Smash Apprentice
I never expected to see Captain Olimar and Pikmin to be playable. Can't wait to see how the Pikmin will be used and how his Final Smash will be like.

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
I can't imagine the team would take on the challenge of adding a crazy element like Olimar/Pikmin and not work out all the gameplay kinks to make him both enjoyable and useful. My bet is in the right hands Olimar will be devastating.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace

Here's my pic. Funny eh? It's kind of a tribute to how Olimar kinda overshadowed Pokemon Trainer in hype buildup. Woot! Olimar's in Brawl!

Top Bottom