• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikmin Research Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyyne

Smash Ace
Fino, you don't need any earlier. At the start, he had all 6. As the stage was changing, he lost a blue.

TheMike

Smash Lord
I downloaded it, but it didn't work. I think it's because it's a .bin file. I would upload it on YT and give the credits to MASTRLINKX, but it don't work at all =[

MASTERLINKX

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
NNID
MASTERLINKX

Oh, actually... after looking at the first part of the clip he has 2 reds, 2 purples, 1 white and 1 yellow.... but I can't seem to follow it.

~Fino
That white pikmin of which you speak of dun exits.

Also that was a .bin file, you put it on your SD Card, for you to watch the replay, on Brawl.

Well here's where it happens:

http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b396/MASTERLINKX/?action=view&current=Brawl-PikminOrimaDesynch.flv

Blue Pikmin disappears as I tether the stage, land on the ground, then grab the ledge for a split second.

Llumys

Smash Champion
I was messing around with the glitch in training mode.

I managed to heal with without getting rid of any of my Pikmin. It was on Final Destination.

So yeah, if this hasn't been figured out yet, your line doesn't have to be empty, it just has to be ordered properly.

(:

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I was messing around with the glitch in training mode.

I managed to heal with without getting rid of any of my Pikmin. It was on Final Destination.

So yeah, if this hasn't been figured out yet, your line doesn't have to be empty, it just has to be ordered properly.

(:
This was obvious I thought >.>

The ghost has to be at the front of the line. The reason it's easy to demonstrate without having a line is because it HAS to be at the front of the line lol.

Also I watched the video, and I've had that sort of glitch happen quite often, on Delfino and Halberd, as the stage is changing. It's the same form of ghost pikmin, it's just that you're forced off by the stage, rather than getting off of it yourself.

Denti

Smash Master
i saw heal too fino and i like fliped out.

somthing stupid i just tested with DDD and the same goes for kirby is when DDD is using neutral B and sucking in you can F smash and the pikmin will rocket propel twords DDD causing the F smash to hit like it would a closer F smash. like that might have sounded confusing so let me explain it in another way, when you hit DDD with the tip of F smash it doesnt have has much knockback as it would if you were closer to DDD when you F smashed, so when you F smash when DDD is sucking in it'll knock back DDD like you would up close to him even thought your positioned further away.

anyone understand that? cuz it's confusing to explain

the benifits are longer range on the F smash during sucking of kirby and DDD and knock equivlent to a closer F smash, so the purple pikmin would be a waste to F smash into that

I've always noticed this so don't attack me like i sound stupid if everybody else knows this it's just i don't know exactly how much more knock back it is, and testing it with different pikmin from different ranges sounds exghausting and too situational to really matter, all im saying is that it has greater knock back and range then a tipped pikmin so it exceeds well beyond it's normal course, it's only noticed with pikmin because they arent items that can be swallowed so their purpelled instead of eaten... i find it interesting that pikmin have that kind of property

i dont like duble posting but i just checked to see if the purple pikmin has some extream knockback with that and no the purple pikmin fall to fast to get F smashed like a rocket into DDD or kirby

so i keep testing the sucking thing and the purple pikmin toss has more knockback with the suckign than without the sucking, so it's possible F smash could have greater knockback than anything else when sucked in by kirby or DDD

so i'm bored and i keep testing pikmin stuff and im sure we all know about pluck smashing but i just tested out charging a pluck smash and like this is prolly useless information but when pluck and imidiently charge the pikmin withh charge and hit but if the pikmin is plucked and is airborn and you charge a smash and keep charging it untill he gets in your line the pikmin wont smash

just got another random idea i tested and i believe to be pointless and have no dfference but i was thinking about our recovery and pikmin height, all their heights are the same except for the purples, so i go a whole line of purple and a whole line of everything else and the maximum length seemed exactly consistant. it was just a hunch, so if anyone else thoguht that i personaly dub it to be the same length for recovery. lol

somthing actualy useful! i went t jungle japes and wanted to see if i plucked pikmin straight into water what would happen, i did this on the edge of of the platform all the way to the left with olimar plucking the pikmin to fall on the left side of the left platform and they all died even the blue ones but i wanted to see why they died so i positioned him to the right side of the left platform and plucked them off and they didnt die... they all kept jumping on top of the water tryign to get to olimar, mabye this has somthing to do with ghost pikmin, ledges and moving parts of a stage, mabye it's their programming to jump to the platform on corossing with the edge/side of a platform, but if there is no edge to cross there is an odd death cant 100% understand lol mabye they do it themselves idk im looking more into it

somthign very odd.... okay when the pikmin are jumping out of the water to try and get back to olimar i walked to the very middle of the middle platform on jungle japes and they were directly underneath me jumping, when they got close i charge smashed and they charge smashed underneath the stage! up smash and down smash dont do anything cuz of lack ofground BUT F smash worked consistently form underneath the stage even tho olimar was on top of the stage. this sint like stunning info really just watch out for charging a smash and the pikmin underneath the stage to do it and you get punished for wasting your attack. im still studying around atm

you can grab underneath the stage too, so dont waste your grabs

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
i saw heal too fino and i like fliped out.

somthing stupid i just tested with DDD and the same goes for kirby is when DDD is using neutral B and sucking in you can F smash and the pikmin will rocket propel twords DDD causing the F smash to hit like it would a closer F smash. like that might have sounded confusing so let me explain it in another way, when you hit DDD with the tip of F smash it doesnt have has much knockback as it would if you were closer to DDD when you F smashed, so when you F smash when DDD is sucking in it'll knock back DDD like you would up close to him even thought your positioned further away.
Damage and Knockback for Olimar's Up Smash is not determined by how far the opponent is. It is instead determined by how long the pikmin has been out. During certain frames the pikmin decreases in it's damage and knockback, which gives the illusion that this is determined by how far the opponent is from Olimar and how far the pikmin travels, when in actuality, that itself is determined by frames as well, of course. So the reason for DDD and Kirby's inhalation causing what your post talked about is because it reaches a farther distance before the frames in which the knock back and damage would decrease.

so i'm bored and i keep testing pikmin stuff and im sure we all know about pluck smashing but i just tested out charging a pluck smash and like this is prolly useless information but when pluck and imidiently charge the pikmin withh charge and hit but if the pikmin is plucked and is airborn and you charge a smash and keep charging it untill he gets in your line the pikmin wont smash
I'm sorry, and I don't mean to be rude, but please use punctuation... that was all one sentence and I barely understood what you were trying to say... Are you referring to the fact that you can't use a pikmin for a smash while it's near the peak of the pluck? Look at section two about Control Zones, it will probably give you some insight on this topic.

just got another random idea i tested and i believe to be pointless and have no dfference but i was thinking about our recovery and pikmin height, all their heights are the same except for the purples, so i go a whole line of purple and a whole line of everything else and the maximum length seemed exactly consistant. it was just a hunch, so if anyone else thoguht that i personaly dub it to be the same length for recovery. lol
Yes, all pikmin have the exact same hight when tethering to the ledge.

somthing actualy useful! i went t jungle japes and wanted to see if i plucked pikmin straight into water what would happen, i did this on the edge of of the platform all the way to the left with olimar plucking the pikmin to fall on the left side of the left platform and they all died even the blue ones but i wanted to see why they died so i positioned him to the right side of the left platform and plucked them off and they didnt die... they all kept jumping on top of the water tryign to get to olimar, mabye this has somthing to do with ghost pikmin, ledges and moving parts of a stage, mabye it's their programming to jump to the platform on corossing with the edge/side of a platform, but if there is no edge to cross there is an odd death cant 100% understand lol mabye they do it themselves idk im looking more into it
Again, read section two, it actually mentions this. Have you not played on Japes much? This happens a lot actually. Not just with pikmin plucked out to the right, but pikmin thrown in that direction that miss the stage and fall into the water to the right of olimar.

Denti

Smash Master
i kept posting like consecutivly and got outa hand in my own thing lol so i didnt feel like using commas and periods it was like i tested somthing then jotted it down without checking previous post. to answer your question about japes, no i dont play japes, i ban it every time.

and about the DDD and kirby thing what are you talking about upsmash? but yeah i get it now, the sucking pulls it in quicker so the initial frames that would hit when they are closer to you hit them at a distance because of speed and what not but the sucking doesnt create more knockback, just a range/speed manipulator

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I'm sorry, I mean't forward smash, not up smash @_@

Also that's sad, you should really give japes a try. It's not too terrible for Olimar :p

Noa.

Smash Master
Japes is one of Oli's top 5 stages. I would say why, but Hilt is waiting to make a thread on it. Japes is broken when you know how to play on it.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Long post with only 5 periods.

I'm sorry, and I don't mean to be rude, but please use punctuation... that was all one sentence and I barely understood what you were trying to say...
This needs more emphasis.

I'm not one to be rude, but please, please use periods or SOMETHING. I've given up entirely on reading your posts because I literally can't understand any of it. I'm sure others just skip over your posts as well for the same reason. I'd like to respond to your posts, but I just can't...

Noa.

Smash Master
It's not just good for your school performance, but it's good for life in general. You should always be writing properly since it portrays you in an overall more sophisticated fashion.

Denti

Smash Master
HILT! i have a question about pikmin mechanics!

why do sometimes the pikmin fail to come to you quickly when hit/thrown off the stage? whats the cause? is it unkown atm or random pikmin programing thing? cuz i doubt it's random and i'd like to know what stages and damage and moves give a bigger chance for pikmin to not come to you faster when knocked off. I'm asking this because of the way i play olimar i hate to waste my second jump and i normaly Up special imidiently if possible and sometimes the pikmin arent there and i question why it happens sometimes and not all the time.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Look at the Returning, Jumping, and Falling animations in section one of the thread.

It's due to the pikmin not being able to enter the Following phase. Simply put, the pikmin is sent off stage, uses its jump, and doesnt reach Olimar. If the pikmin does not enter your control zone it will stay in the falling state until it dies. This is a problem, since the zone seems shorter after the pikmin uses its jump. Whether it's actually shorter and the pikmin has to be in a specific spot, or it's just the fact that it can't move any more towards you since it isn't on the ground and doesnt have the horizontal/vertical momentum from its jump, isn't verified. But it's one or the other, and I'm banking on the second.

So, long answer short, it's falling and you have to get it back. I always whistle when I'm recovering to prevent this from happening. You should too.

Denti

Smash Master
thx hilt! i know whistle helps but whistle is 18 or so frames which isn't long it just isn't an instant recovery like i'd like but yes i understand now thank you mister hilt for your wise pikmin knowledge ;D

Dyyne

Smash Ace
I always whistle after momentum cancelling. I'll whistle a couple extra times if I notice I don't have my pikmin or if I'm about to be edge guarded ^^;

~Fino
Agreed. The problem with the pikmin not joining the chain generally arises after a very horizontal attack (mk's dair causes it often) where you have to use it then, or you won't make it back.

Denti

Smash Master
dyyne thats the most useful inlook i've heard on it! thx! i mean whilsting brings your pikmin to you and is a great way to survive it. i just want to know when i should anticipate it more and avoid it more. :D

Alfa

Smash Apprentice
I have a replay on Rainbow Cruise with two interesting glitches. The first is VERY weird. I don't know whether or not it has to do with Oli or just the stage itself. Olimar had 5 pikmin and it was the horizontal part of Rainbow Cruise. Oli was standing on the little arc bumby thingy that looks like a hill. Peach jabs Oli, and instead of receiving the knockback, Oli just falls through the stage. Not in freefall, not in a knockback state or anything. I could use aerials and specials. But I was under the stage. I had 5 pikmin, 3 which stayed on the platform and 2 which went through the stage with me. Weird stuff.
Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_NgI2V36Q8 at the start peach falls through 'the little arc bumby thing that looks like a hill'. It's not an olimar thing, it's a stage thing.

Also, with the phases of pikmin animations, what about death, is that the same as hurt or different?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's not really a phase that matters either way. They die, so they're unusable.

I'd place it in the "hurt phase" if it matters to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom