• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pinkie Pie Productions! Melee in Dallas Fort Worth

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Wobbling shouldn't be a thing
LOL, two posts right below the eponym. I've considered this, and there is only ONE player who does this consistently. Banning wobbling essentially impacts one person's technique. Don't get me wrong, I know just how gay it is. At the last Austin tourney, she wobbled like 8 stocks from me in a 3-2 set (she won) and I was pretty pissed about getting gayed.

On one hand, I would encourage other awesome IC combos and techniques, but I can also see how wobbling does require a certain level of skill. Since you bring it up, I will continue to consider a ban on wobbling, especially if I hear more feedback on it.

You took me to Brinstar. I have no regrets.
LOL Hannah. I'm definitely taking you to Brinstar next time we play, IC dittos no less :p

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice
LOL Hannah. I'm definitely taking you to Brinstar next time we play, IC dittos no less :p
OH GOD TIME TO PICK UP PEACH. Actually I love IC dittos too much. Guess I'll just have to get better.

On another note I really had no intention of using Wobbling in this tournament, but I was pretty frustrated about my performance early on so I ended up resorting to it. I am practicing other chain grabs, they're just not very good yet >_>.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
OH GOD TIME TO PICK UP PEACH. Actually I love IC dittos too much. Guess I'll just have to get better.

On another note I really had no intention of using Wobbling in this tournament, but I was pretty frustrated about my performance early on so I ended up resorting to it. I am practicing other chain grabs, they're just not very good yet >_>.
Ughhh, bring it. I lost to THREE Peaches this weekend with Sheik. tbh, I think my ICs actually do better against that floating ***** than ninja girl. Also, good **** with the withholding of wobbling (at least for the first part of tourney). Since you do use wobbling, I'd prefer NOT to ban it, just because I'd like for all players to be welcome at my tournies. But like I said before, if I hear a consistent message against it (and not just from salty falcons and whatnot), I will be forced to reconsider.

I hate Brinstar, you started it.
LMAO Penguin.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
And sung brought up a good alternative in the results thread, only allow wobbling once per game. I can get behind that.

:phone:

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
You shut your ***** mouth.

We got plenty of SWAGG... even if SWAGG2 got snowed out.

Though to be fair, we lost alot of our swag when we lost you, Emily.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
TOURNEY ANNOUNCEMENT
Next Pinkie Pie Productions is scheduled for Saturday, April 7th. I hope yall can all make it :)

UPDATE 1: We may be using the Swiss format to run matches. Gotta talk it out and see how many setups we have.

UPDATE 2: Venue fee will be charged. This venue fee goes directly to the DFW Smash Community. This will be a fully transparent fund used to support DFW Smash - this includes money for venue charge, food and supplies for tournaments, and as additional pot bonus for larger tournies. If you have a suggestion for usage for the fund, let me know.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Not really a huge complaint or anything, but I was wondering why Brinstar is legal in singles but not doubles. Also, I'll try to make it to this.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
It's legal for both :)

Also, if Austin and other ooc decide to come, singles entry may increase to $10.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Well I know that at the very least MT and I are interested in coming. Might be able to bring more of Austin, just have to wait and see.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Hey Austin, that's pretty cool yall are interested. However, I am hosting another one on April 28th that seems to be garnering a bit more interest - possibly Oklahoma and Houston. So while I would love if yall came to both, just giving you guys a heads up in case you all have limited bandwidth.

hamyojo

Smash Ace
Holy cow. This is perfect! I'm super pumped for this, expect me to be there!
*Bro hoof*

D

Deleted member

Might go to this, if my parents agree. Hoping to at least win a tourney set. I havent done well in melee :/

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Holy cow. This is perfect! I'm super pumped for this, expect me to be there!
*Bro hoof*
*Brohoof*

Good to see a new face. If you'd like to get some matches in beforehand, I suggest you check out the DFW Melee thread. Sethlon's having a fest on Wednesday in Richardson, and I'm almost always down to play (metro Dallas).

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=276326

MT_

Smash Ace
Oh yeah for the record, I'm cancelling my trip to Dallas this Saturday in light of the tournament on the 21st (28th?) that have Oklahoma coming.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Ah, das cool MT. Obvi, if you can make it to both, you should come to both. But if you can only come to one, come to the one with all the ooc ;)

And yeah, it's April 28th. oh my god I'm ********, it actually is April 21st!

D

Deleted member

No love for this, seriously? No ones talking? Well I for one might attend this. It sounds like a good time :)

Top Bottom