• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit amazing gliding skills

Insomniac487

Smash Cadet
as we all know it, his gliding skills are absolutely amazing! ;) It has GREAT maneuverability along with metaknights (charizard not so much though). not to mention, one of the BEST recoveries in the game. He can glide under plenty of stages as seen in the video, and go as high as possible. :) Heck, most of us have a feeling he'll be an annoying character to go against since he can get back on stage without a sweat :laugh: Any people know any tricks with it? Whats this "glide-cancelling" ive been hearing, and what exactly does it do?

When it comes to tournament play, do you think him stalling / killing time / running away will be banned in tournaments? I mean, you can see it with both ways. Good and Bad. Bad, because of obvious reasons, and good because its a stragedy, and a expert player would know how to catch / get up to him. I don't really know. Thoughts, opinions, and comments?

Check it out : Pit's amazing recovery video

;)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
He's a unique young fighter aint he?
I would love to annoy my opponents by doing that.

Arigon

Smash Apprentice
everyones getting so upset about how much he can fly if i was playin him and he tried a stunt like that i would punish him right into the ground. and anyway its not like people would try this during the fight. It looks like pit will be a lot of fun to play with though =D.

Luteyi

Smash Apprentice
Metaknight's glide is better though.
That is true unfortunately, but after playing both on the Japanese Version, I'd have to say Pit has edges elsewhere. When I play Pit, I feel a sense of "usefulness" that I just don't acquire with MetaKnight.

verditude

Smash Journeyman
Glide cancellng is where you do a jump (if you have it) while gliding, or an attack, just above the ground. If you land while gliding you will slide and lag on the ground, but if you attack or jump before landing you won't lag.

Hardcorenesser

Smash Journeyman
That is true unfortunately, but after playing both on the Japanese Version, I'd have to say Pit has edges elsewhere. When I play Pit, I feel a sense of "usefulness" that I just don't acquire with MetaKnight.
I was just saying that his glide was better. personally, i hate metaknight. The reason you don't feel "usefulness" with metaknight is cuz he's useless. Pit on the other hand is a pimp. I, too, feel that sense of "usefulness" when i play as Pit.

Billychu

Smash Cadet
I hate how people complain that he looses his recovery when he's hit during it. With gliding, his Up B is really a last resort, THAT CAN GET YOU TO THE OTHER SIDE OF MOST STAGES! You don't need to recover on the side where your opponent is with Pit.

EmperorCesar

Smash Apprentice
Since Pit can be gimped easily, wouldn't it be best if you fly up as high as you can (straight up) and then use the glide to recover back on stage instead of the up b? It just seems too easy to gimp Pit's up B, but if you can use the glide effectively instead, Pit's main weakness will disappear.

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Since Pit can be gimped easily, wouldn't it be best if you fly up as high as you can (straight up) and then use the glide to recover back on stage instead of the up b? It just seems too easy to gimp Pit's up B, but if you can use the glide effectively instead, Pit's main weakness will disappear.
thats true but people with long ranged attacks can stil punish you if your not careful I.e. another pit, link, zelda... etc

WKx7x

Smash Cadet
I still can't get over how awesome the glide is! It's going to be such a huge advantage in the game.

xDarkElement

Smash Journeyman
personally I don't believe stalling (in general) is going to be banned. If the player is good enough and has a great mind, they themselves.. can come up with a stragedy and chase them. I think everybody can agree with me on this one.

If a person camps, there are ALWAYS ways to get around it, and chase them. its all about stragedy and adapting your to your opponent's playstyle. Besides, its already been a few weeks already, nothing's really banned (no characters, no stalling techniques, etc)

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I'm sure some stalling techniques will be banned. For instance the IC or King Dedede using their chaingrabs to run out the clock will certainly be banned. However the act of stalling in this fashion is what will be banned. Not the techniques themselves.

Meaning Peach Bomber is ok for recovery purposes. However one won't really be able to argue that Peach's position below the stage gives her an advantage since her opponent would have to risk his/her life to just reach her.

Besides, the only real method of stalling for Pit I can think of is dipping up and down with his glide up against a stage like Yoshi's Story. But that would only work on a character that couldn't get two feet below the edge. lol

Insomniac487

Smash Cadet
hm, having looked at all these tournament listings.. stalling is definitely aloud. no one has banned it yet, surprisingly

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
People are just too concerned with hot-button issues at the moment to pay something like stalling tactics much mind. Just wait for things to settle down a little and you'll see these side issues begin appearing.

Evan BlazE

Smash Apprentice
- New York - The Polluted State - *Casual East Coa
Sorry to bring up an old topic but I dont really want to make a new one...

I need help, whenever I'm in Glide mode I can glide down but not up...

in the video I saw that Pit can glide upward...

everytime I try by pushing the stick up Pit stop and flap his wings...

can anyone please help me with this...?

thanks

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Evan I never had this problem but its an easy fix when gliding if you tilt the controller stick down you will glide down. But your tilting it upward from the gate. It's like you need charging time to glide upwards. Glide downward first than try gliding upwards

Raynesypher

Smash Rookie
Evan gliding with pit is like hang gliding you need to go down to get some momentum. Then when you got the momentum you can pull your control stick up and he will go up until he runs out of momentum. Think of it like riding a bike down a hill then going up a hill right after. Once you go down the hill you gain alot of momentum or velocity however you wish to look at it. Well, all that momentum can only go so far up that hill. Hope this helps ~ Rayne ~

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
After a midair jump keep the jump button held down. If you don't use the Gamecube controller however I'm not too sure how to preform this.

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
Sorry to bring up an old topic but I dont really want to make a new one...

I need help, whenever I'm in Glide mode I can glide down but not up...

in the video I saw that Pit can glide upward...

everytime I try by pushing the stick up Pit stop and flap his wings...

can anyone please help me with this...?

thanks
Go down first. When you try to go up, you'll get a huge upward boost.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Stupid connection...

I hear people mentioning that you can do another jump after you use Pit's glide. Apparently this cancels the glide. Pressing the B button does the same thing.

I personally like flying under stages, because when I get that momentum going, I go up and down, up and down! So fun!

Blue_Pit

Smash Cadet
Many people think Pit's Recovery Move B up is cheap and it is 0_0

but it doesn't hurt anyone so that kinda makes it even...

Charzard is too heavy and is not a good glider

It's funny to make people pissed by gliding around the stage XD

Kmaru

Smash Cadet
well just fight almost any level 9 and try to glide attack them. Reason why you should just WoI

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Pit's up-b isnt cheap! Angels are supposed to fly really well! That's why his Up-B is so amazing... with the exception of its flaw.

Top Bottom