• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit is going to be ridiculously overplayed..

sahilio

Smash Cadet
I mean.. not that it is a bad thing. It is just going to be a bit boring after a while seeing so many people playing pit. It seems like eventually more people will be playing pit that sonic and ike.

:-/ oh well.

HeroXL

Smash Journeyman
It's possible but I'm not so sure. Check out the poll on the general discussion forum and sonic is miles ahead of other characters in popularity

PeachyPit

Smash Apprentice
i dunno, i mean, without playing the game how can we be sure?

And i thought i was going main Link all the way until i played Pit, so it really depends on what people think after they get to play with the characters.

Plus i think since there are so many characters available, and all them are pretty awesome, there might be somewhat of a balanace to the characters that get played.

Only time will tell...

sahilio

Smash Cadet
I suppose. I have the full game in japanese as well. Like you said, a lot of the characters are pretty awesome.

But, I also don't think that poll is too accurate. I think the posts in each character forum of who will main the respective character gets more hits than the poll.

True Fool

Smash Ace
Pit, Ike and Sonic seem to be the most popular of the newcomers so far. Close by Dedede, Lucario and Meta-Knight. Not to say that the rest of the newcomers are unpopular though.

PeachyPit

Smash Apprentice
sahilio- well since we both have access to brawl, we just have to become really good really fast and then we will be the best Pits and everyone else won't compare. XD

Malificent

Smash Apprentice
I personally think most people will stick to Marth as it is. i mean yes I see a lot of Pit fan's but I also see alot of fans who want to play other characters such as Metaknight and Wolf and there are many others. I don't think its going to be as bad as Melee to where you will see mainly 4 toons per tournament. But I guess we will have to wait and see :D

sahilio

Smash Cadet
Yeah PeachyPit :)... but, I have a long way to go. I never played melee seriously with all the ATs, I just used to play my friends.

And MAN the gameplay for brawl is so much more different. And level 9 CPUS FRIKIN OWNED ME YESTERDAY :( But then again ;) i was using wolf not pit :p

Yeah...it would just suck to see 4 characters again. And yeah, pit seems really popular right now.. but then again, not THAT many people have the game yet. So, they might digress.

sahilio

Smash Cadet
yeah :-/ same feeling here NotEz... but i honestly have been wanting to main him since i found out about brawl in 06.

Oh well. Can't do anything about it. Just sucks.

google24

Smash Rookie
I want to play pit because of (what looks like) his superior recovery ability. Thats part of the reason I used to like kirby. Pit almost seems overpowered, though. But then again I haven't tried him and am eagerly waiting.

Also, is it just me or does it seem like everyone has an easier time recovering?

Vanish07

Smash Rookie
Google, i totally agree with you buddy. i also think Pit is uh...well...REALLY good. like almost way too good. i've been watching every video i can possibly find, and between spamming his ridiculous arrows, his great knockback and almost unbeatable recovery moves, Pit is going to be a very popular character. it's gonna be tough beating you Pit main's as Link, but i think i can handle it. hahaha...

Raikage

Smash Apprentice
I was hoping he wouldn't be too good so all the people who only play strong characters wouldn't flock to him like how so many people played Fox, Marth and Shiek in Melee, but it looks like thats going to happen. I guess it doesn't bother me too much, if Pit is strong that means you can fight the other strong characters without having to be tons better than the other guy playing. Even if I encounter lots of people playing him I'd probably switch to Pokemon Trainer or Dedede, they look like fun characters to use.

All I hope is that it doesn't get to the point where every second online game is 3 Pits and me.

tmbjr

Smash Cadet
Pit's been on my "I wanna main him" list since the E3 '06 trailer. And even though he's joined by Ike, Sonic, and Lucario, I will try to main him to some extent, even if he does end up overplayed. (I mained Marth in Melee long before I heard of Ken or looked into the competitive community)

sahilio

Smash Cadet
yup, Pit is going to be overplayed for sure :-/ He is really good... dare I say.. unfortunately? :p

SuichimoTheDragoon

Smash Apprentice
I'm going over to Pit after losing Roy, but I had been wanting to play as Pit since the beginning and had decided way back during E3'06 that if Roy wasn't in Brawl I'd main Pit. So I'm maining Pit and I seem to think I'm going to have Marth in back up.

sahilio

Smash Cadet
Now people are all just giving justifications as to why they are using him. And the default justification (which I used at the start) is "i've wanted him since 2006" :p. Which is fine, but it's just weird to see more people jump to a character after seeing a few good vids.

SuichimoTheDragoon

Smash Apprentice
Now people are all just giving justifications as to why they are using him. And the default justification (which I used at the start) is "i've wanted him since 2006" :p. Which is fine, but it's just weird to see more people jump to a character after seeing a few good vids.
If Sakurai had done the right thing and left all the characters in I'd still be playing Roy. Hopefully I end up as one of the only people in my area who main Pit.

Pokkit

Smash Cadet
I have also been wanting to main Pit since he was first revealed. However, I don't think Pit will be supremely overplayed. Eventually, people might get over the fact that he has OMG ANGEL WINGZ. Plus, in a lot of videos I've seen of Pit, he was played pretty badly...maybe that will throw people off track. Lots of people want to main Sonic/Ike/Lucario/Wolf too. DDD is also a high choice. Even if lots of people pick Pit, I'm not going to stop playing as him just because of that. It's still good to have a counter-pick off-main or two, though. You don't HAVE to play as Pit all the time.

mario8498

Smash Cadet
If Sakurai had done the right thing and left all the characters in I'd still be playing Roy. Hopefully I end up as one of the only people in my area who main Pit.
That's not going to happen. But I'll also be maining Pit. I've seen too many videos showing his alternate strategies and awesome recoveries.

PeachyPit

Smash Apprentice
I OMG ANGEL WINGZ. .
Epic! XD

Also, i think Pit's short range is something that will take some people a while to get used to (i know i'm still not used to it yet) and will get easily frustrated with the character and not use him because of that.

Pit isn't a character you can master easily, and because of that people will switch also. (lol, either that or i must just suck terribly XD)

Bibbed

Smash Journeyman
He's got plenty of range. You can basically WOP his Fairs.

And I wouldn't worry about how many other people play him because only a very small percent of those people will be truly good.

CCXC34

Smash Rookie
Seeing as I don't have Brawl, my opinion probably isn't very accurate; however, Pit seems newcomer-friendly. Now, that's now to say he won't be a good character at tourney levels. Pit, with his incredible recovery and solid all around moves, just seems like an easy character to pick up and play. Maybe I'm wrong.

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
Personally I prefer the interest. It gives the opportunity to observe others playstyles and adapt ones gameplay. In addition there are usually more guides for the popular characters making It easier to get good with them. And Pit being so cool automatically means many people will play as him.

Top Bottom